Colorado 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JTX

Bronze

Re: Colorado 2010

Post by JTX » Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 pm

any movement on WL?

ReaganRocket

New

Post by ReaganRocket » Fri May 14, 2010 2:04 pm

I had a question for all the students that are either 1Ls now or have been through the first year at CU Law:

I have a fiance that will be starting medical school in New Mexico next year, and I will be at law school in Boulder. It's a short and cheap flight from DIA to Albuequerque and I am hoping to make that flight at least twice a semester to visit her, as well as visit on the week long breaks (thanksgiving and spring) each semester. My question is, with the workload of being a 1L (or 2L or 3L for that matter) make it possible to make weekend flights every now and then to visit New Mexico? I would plan on studying in the airport and on the flight, as well as study during the weekend, but I am curious if 1L is so demanding that I would not have the free time to travel.

Thanks

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Is anyone else having trouble viewing their financial aid info online? I got the e-mail saying it was available and I set up my IdentiKey account, but when I try to log into the MyCUinfo portal I get the message "account not provisioned." I contacted three different departments about it and they just sort of passed me back and forth.

rekopter

New

Post by rekopter » Fri May 14, 2010 5:00 pm

ReaganRocket wrote:I had a question for all the students that are either 1Ls now or have been through the first year at CU Law:

I have a fiance that will be starting medical school in New Mexico next year, and I will be at law school in Boulder. It's a short and cheap flight from DIA to Albuequerque and I am hoping to make that flight at least twice a semester to visit her, as well as visit on the week long breaks (thanksgiving and spring) each semester. My question is, with the workload of being a 1L (or 2L or 3L for that matter) make it possible to make weekend flights every now and then to visit New Mexico? I would plan on studying in the airport and on the flight, as well as study during the weekend, but I am curious if 1L is so demanding that I would not have the free time to travel.

Thanks
Yes.

Tuski

New

Post by Tuski » Mon May 17, 2010 1:22 pm

j.wellington wrote:Is anyone else having trouble viewing their financial aid info online? I got the e-mail saying it was available and I set up my IdentiKey account, but when I try to log into the MyCUinfo portal I get the message "account not provisioned." I contacted three different departments about it and they just sort of passed me back and forth.
Haha, yeah. I'm having the same issue, and after also being passed back & forth I finally got the response that grad students can't access the info yet, and that I should check back with them (financial aid) at a later date to find out how to view/accept loans. :?

There's been some discussion of it on the CU 2013 thread, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Tuski wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Is anyone else having trouble viewing their financial aid info online? I got the e-mail saying it was available and I set up my IdentiKey account, but when I try to log into the MyCUinfo portal I get the message "account not provisioned." I contacted three different departments about it and they just sort of passed me back and forth.
Haha, yeah. I'm having the same issue, and after also being passed back & forth I finally got the response that grad students can't access the info yet, and that I should check back with them (financial aid) at a later date to find out how to view/accept loans. :?

Thanks! I didn't even know about the other thread. I guess that's a better place to lurk now that the admissions cycle has passed.

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Tuski wrote:

Thanks! I didn't even know about the other thread. I guess that's a better place to lurk now that the admissions cycle has passed.
That's what he said.

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:18 pm

jolley80- your PM is disabled. not ignoring you. hth.

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Anyone get this email today?

I can't figure out what it means. Are they still considering me, should I send a LOCI? Are they telling me to move on, but keeping me on the list just in case? Yes I can read, but the letter just seems a little odd. It's not really an update at all.

Hello HazelEyes:

We would like to thank you for choosing to be on our waiting list and for your continued interest in attending Colorado Law. At this time, we would like to give you an update as to where we are in the application review process. At the moment, all of our seats are full, and we do not anticipate making any offers to waitlisted candidates in the near future.

All applications have received an initial review. We are now waiting to receive second seat deposits from our admitted students, which are due July 1, 2010. We will have a better sense of our class size once this deadline passes. As soon as space in the entering class becomes available, we will begin contacting students on the waiting list. Admission decisions may be made up until the beginning of orientation, but we hope to have the process completed before then. We ask that you keep our office informed of any changes to your contact information. Please also let us know if your plans change and you no longer wish to remain on the waiting list by responding to this email.

We will contact you as soon as a final admissions decision has been made on your application. Thank you for your patience. We hope your summer is off to a good start.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 am

HazelEyes wrote:Anyone get this email today?

I can't figure out what it means. Are they still considering me, should I send a LOCI? Are they telling me to move on, but keeping me on the list just in case? Yes I can read, but the letter just seems a little odd. It's not really an update at all.

Hello HazelEyes:

We would like to thank you for choosing to be on our waiting list and for your continued interest in attending Colorado Law. At this time, we would like to give you an update as to where we are in the application review process. At the moment, all of our seats are full, and we do not anticipate making any offers to waitlisted candidates in the near future.

All applications have received an initial review. We are now waiting to receive second seat deposits from our admitted students, which are due July 1, 2010. We will have a better sense of our class size once this deadline passes. As soon as space in the entering class becomes available, we will begin contacting students on the waiting list. Admission decisions may be made up until the beginning of orientation, but we hope to have the process completed before then. We ask that you keep our office informed of any changes to your contact information. Please also let us know if your plans change and you no longer wish to remain on the waiting list by responding to this email.

We will contact you as soon as a final admissions decision has been made on your application. Thank you for your patience. We hope your summer is off to a good start.

Yep! I got it too!
I was thinking of sending a reply email back indicating my continued interest in the law school/being on the waitlist. I don't think I'll send a formal LOCI via snail mail.
I have no idea if it's good news, bad news, or what exactly it means except that I am still on their waitlist and have not been accepted into the school.
I got a similar email about a month ago - did you get that too?

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Nope, did not get an email last month.

So far it seems like they're keeping everyone on the WL.

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:53 pm

HazelEyes wrote:Nope, did not get an email last month.

So far it seems like they're keeping everyone on the WL.

huh. weird you didn't get the first email. this is the email I received on 5/5

"Hello,

Thank you for returning the postcard indicating that you want to be on our waitlist. I wanted to touch base with you and give you an update on where we are in the process here at Colorado Law. At the moment, the incoming class is full. However, as this is only early May, this will most likely change, and it may be necessary to pull people off the waitlist this summer. The longer you can hang in with us, the better. I have admitted people as late as the day before orientation in past years. I?m not saying that will definitely happen this year, but it remains a possibility.

Again, the waitlist is not ranked, it is simply a status. If you would like to add NEW information to your file, you may email it to us at lawadmin@colorado.edu and it will be added. If you decide to attend law school elsewhere, please let us know so we can remove you from our waitlist.

We appreciate your patience and your cooperation with the process. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Kristine"

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:50 pm

seat deposits were due 2 weeks ago. anyone heard anything regarding WL?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm

JTX wrote:seat deposits were due 2 weeks ago. anyone heard anything regarding WL?

nope. it looks like there wasn't much movement on the WL until the end of July last year, according to TLS posts. maybe it will be the same this year????
does anyone know how many folks are currently on the WL?

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 pm

aleighp wrote: nope. it looks like there wasn't much movement on the WL until the end of July last year, according to TLS posts. maybe it will be the same this year????
does anyone know how many folks are currently on the WL?
<-----at least one... :|

tara_law

New

Post by tara_law » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 am

The class is still considered full. I called them last week. There has been NO moves on the waitlist. It sounds like though they will sent out any offers in a couple of weeks, if you don't get an offer, which is pretty likely at this point, they will send out a letter notifying you that the class is still full. :(

I SO want to get off the wait list. But I don't think there is much hope for us.

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 am

bummer. I was so hoping to get off of the WL as I am not too excited about re-taking the LSAT (to hopefully up my #s) and then re-applying. Plus I will feel so lame telling my family I didn't get in :cry:
tara-law: when you called did they tell you how many were on the WL?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tara_law

New

Post by tara_law » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:26 am

Sorry I don't check this site very often. I did not ask how many on the wait list. I am getting frustrated that we have not heard from them, as it sounded like at some point they will make a decision about wait list applicants, but I don't think that has happened and I don't think it will result in many of us getting off the wait list. I have submitted an extra LOR and addendum. I will try to visit CU-Boulder the week before orientation, but that's about all I can do. Otherwise I am paying full price at DU. :(

I SO want to be a BUFF!

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:21 pm

x
Last edited by JTX on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh, JTX - I'm sorry. This makes me sad. Will PM you, later.

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 pm

got the same letter today.
better luck next year????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”