Waitlisted at Cardozo Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rb3645

New

Waitlisted at Cardozo

Post by rb3645 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:45 am

3.67 GPA from NYU
161 LSAT (I retook and got the same score the second time around)
Post-undergrad work experience as a research assistant and program coordinator at an inner-city college prep academy
My personal statement described my experience immigrating to the States and how it relates to me wanting to pursue a career in indigent defense.

Cardozo was my first choice and I was shocked to be waitlisted. I'm still waiting to hear back from Fordham, but I doubt I will attend if accepted (too much $$, considering my career goals). It looks like I will have to take another year off and re-apply during the next admissions cycle, but I still want to make sense of why I wasn't accepted. Was it the the LSAT retake (and no improvement)? Did I apply too late in the cycle (March)?

Any advice would greatly help in re-applying next year!

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: Waitlisted at Cardozo

Post by LSATWiz.com » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 pm

It's because you applied late, but I would strongly suggest waiting out a year and retaking the LSAT to get over a 161. Even a 162 or 163 would probably be worth tens of $40-60k to you and a bigger improvement could easily exceed six-figures. Don't settle for a 161. You're right in the range where each point is incredibly valuable.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”