Waitlisted at UCI Irvine...advice? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bobbyboucher

New

Waitlisted at UCI Irvine...advice?

Post by bobbyboucher » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:52 pm

I was waitlisted yesterday and although it's a bummer I wasn't accepted, i'm just glad it's not a rejection.

Nonetheless, I wanted to see if anyone has any advice on what to do, stories themselves. I'd prefer to speak more in private about it maybe over PM but any advice and experience will help.

I've been in constant contact with admissions, retaking is not an option - lsat was 162.

cavalier1138

Re: Waitlisted at UCI Irvine...advice?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:19 am

Well, since you clearly know that there's only one thing you can do that is guaranteed to raise your chances at admission but have already decided not to do that one thing...

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:17 pm

I really don't get why "retaking is not an option." I'd get it if the LSAT was like the bar: a 2-day exam requiring months of full-time prep. But that ain't the LSAT. It's a fairly harmless half-day test - in fact, quite benign as far as standardized exams go. And the prep isn't that hard either - it's all about skill; no rote memorization of reams of obscure vocabulary. A 162 LSAT is easily improvable. Every point would help. UCI's LSAT 25/50/75 is 161/163/165. Improving by a single point would get OP to median, and getting to 165 - which shouldn't be that difficult - would get OP to UCI's 75%, vastly improving their odds of getting off the waitlist.

VirginiaFan

New

Post by VirginiaFan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Retaking is an option. If you don't retake, then your outcome will likely be bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”