Already Declined Offer Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maddie99

New

Already Declined Offer

Post by maddie99 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:40 am

I received 3 acceptances and 3 waitlist statuses for Fall 2018. I didn't want to go to any of the schools I got into, so I declined all of their offers. It's now late July and I haven't heard from any of the schools I was waitlisted at, even after sending letters of continued interest. My question is, is it ridiculous to reach out to one of the schools I rejected and ask if I may still attend? I know I should have put a deposit down for one of them as a back up, but at the time I thought it would be better to just apply again next cycle than go to one of those schools. Now, I'm starting to change my mind.

RCSOB657

Gold

Re: Already Declined Offer

Post by RCSOB657 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:57 am

Yeah, respectfully, you're not going to get into those schools this year. Try again next year.

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:28 am

RCSOB657 wrote:Yeah, respectfully, you're not going to get into those schools this year. Try again next year.

Do you mean the schools whose offers I declined? Or the schools I am waitlisted at?

Thanks

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:53 am

maddie99 wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Yeah, respectfully, you're not going to get into those schools this year. Try again next year.

Do you mean the schools whose offers I declined? Or the schools I am waitlisted at?

Thanks
Retake the LSAT and try again next year.

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:13 pm

hoos89 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks, but that's not the question I'm asking. Is it okay to reach out to the schools whose offers I declined? And isn't it still possible to get in off of waitlists late in the cycle?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jstanhope14

New

Post by jstanhope14 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:49 pm

maddie99 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks, but that's not the question I'm asking. Is it okay to reach out to the schools whose offers I declined? And isn't it still possible to get in off of waitlists late in the cycle?
You could, but they almost certainly would make you pay sticker

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:52 am

jstanhope14 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:

Thanks

You could, but they almost certainly would make you pay sticker
I see, thank you!

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 am

maddie99 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:

Thanks

Yeah it's okay but their classes have likely filled up by now and the odds of you getting a scholarship from them are low (whereas you might have if you hadn't withdrawn). If you're not happy with your outcome this year, your best result is probably going to require you to wait a year barring late movement on a waitlist. I understand that's not the advice you want, but without knowing more it's probably the correct move.

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:29 pm

hoos89 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
maddie99 wrote:

Thanks

Yeah it's okay but their classes have likely filled up by now and the odds of you getting a scholarship from them are low (whereas you might have if you hadn't withdrawn). If you're not happy with your outcome this year, your best result is probably going to require you to wait a year barring late movement on a waitlist. I understand that's not the advice you want, but without knowing more it's probably the correct move.
Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”