Late July Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maddie99

New

Late July Waitlist

Post by maddie99 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:09 am

I am currently waitlisted at three different law schools which I was notified about in late May. I have sent one LOCI each to the three schools, which I sent in late June. It is now late July and I have not heard back from any of the schools yet. Should I just give up hope of getting in off of these waitlists at this point? Is there anything more I can do to increase my chances? I read that it's not good to pester admissions offices with frequent calls and emails. Does anyone have a personal story of being taken off a waitlist in late July or August? I'm dying over here!

Thanks!

caramelicedcoffee

New

Re: Late July Waitlist

Post by caramelicedcoffee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi Maddie,

I am in a very similar situation! I was waitlisted by my top choice in late May, sent my LOCI in three days later. I am a paralegal and had another partner at my firm send in a supplemental LOR on the June deposit deadline. They sent me a "waitlist update" last week, and immediately responded to my email thanking them for the update and re-affirming that they are my top choice. Sorry I don't have a waitlist success story (YET!); I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone - I'm dying over here too!

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:30 pm

caramelicedcoffee wrote:Hi Maddie,

I am in a very similar situation! I was waitlisted by my top choice in late May, sent my LOCI in three days later. I am a paralegal and had another partner at my firm send in a supplemental LOR on the June deposit deadline. They sent me a "waitlist update" last week, and immediately responded to my email thanking them for the update and re-affirming that they are my top choice. Sorry I don't have a waitlist success story (YET!); I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone - I'm dying over here too!

Ohh that sounds like good news for you! I wonder if I made a mistake by waiting weeks to send in my LOCI? I don't have any updates or additional letters of recommendation, so maybe I should send an additional LOCI?

caramelicedcoffee

New

Post by caramelicedcoffee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 pm

It can't hurt! I would. At this point, what do we have to lose, right? lol

isarap

New

Post by isarap » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:45 pm

This week, I got accepted into Uchicago law with a full ride scholarship. There is hope! I never emailed or bothered the admissions team. I just kept waiting and waiting...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:53 am

isarap wrote:This week, I got accepted into Uchicago law with a full ride scholarship. There is hope! I never emailed or bothered the admissions team. I just kept waiting and waiting...
Wow, great news!

caramelicedcoffee

New

Post by caramelicedcoffee » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi guys! No news yet, but I submitted my final LOCI to my top choice today. I just couldn’t wait anymore and not DO something. Admissions officer emailed me to thank me. The waiting game continues. Best of luck everyone

maddie99

New

Post by maddie99 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:14 am

caramelicedcoffee wrote:Hi guys! No news yet, but I submitted my final LOCI to my top choice today. I just couldn’t wait anymore and not DO something. Admissions officer emailed me to thank me. The waiting game continues. Best of luck everyone

Hey, did you have any updates to report? I don't know what to write in a second LOCI that wasn't already stated in my first one.

Jes252

New

Post by Jes252 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:33 pm

I am in same boat as Maddie. But I was waitlisted at 5 schools. I decided to go down to focus on two. So far I have been sending an email every three weeks updating them on my summer and telling that if accepted I would withdraw from all other lists and 100% attend that school . I hoping the next week is when the movement happens. Fingers crossed!!

caramelicedcoffee

New

Post by caramelicedcoffee » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Hey guys - I work as a paralegal and I wrote about some of the cooler things I’ve done and acheieved at my job over the summer. I reiterated how these experiences make me want to take my legal career to the next level and how their school will allow me to do that. I didn’t know what to write about at first but once I decided on that, it came pretty easy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”