Chapman Law Full Ride Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kells1993

New

Chapman Law Full Ride

Post by kells1993 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi I recently took the LSAT in June and improved by 5 points. Because of that I received an offer of Full tuition at Chapman University.

I still feel I can get my lsat higher if I took it again in September and had planned to apply for the following year before receiving this offer.

My question is should I accept a full ride from Chapman or hold out, possibly get a higher lsat and maybe get a smaller to med size scholarship offer from USC or UCI or UCLA?

A full ride is tempting but I'm worried a degree from Chapman won't give me the returns a school like USC would even if I had to take out loans.

LSAT 159 GPA 3.85

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Chapman Law Full Ride

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Why would you waste that GPA on a t3 law school? You could hypothetically get into Stanford with that GPA. Retake the lsat until you get a score where a t13 is paying for it!

kells1993

New

Post by kells1993 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 pm

SOOOOOooooo just to be clear, you don't think a full ride to Chapman will be worth it? I see myself at most getting like a 164 on the lsat which will not amount to a full ride at a top law school.

I guess what I'm asking is, is taking out the necessary loans to attend a "better law school" (which could be near 100K) a better option than a full ride to a T3?

BansheeScream

New

Post by BansheeScream » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm

kells1993 wrote:SOOOOOooooo just to be clear, you don't think a full ride to Chapman will be worth it? I see myself at most getting like a 164 on the lsat which will not amount to a full ride at a top law school.

I guess what I'm asking is, is taking out the necessary loans to attend a "better law school" (which could be near 100K) a better option than a full ride to a T3?
I got a full ride to multiple T20s with your GPA and a 166. Definitely retake. Invest in Powerscore, books, whatever. It would be hard to spend enough money on the LSAT where it wouldn't balance out with money from a better school or better career outcomes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”