Waitlists and second seat deposits Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Margaretg25

New

Waitlists and second seat deposits

Post by Margaretg25 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi all!

Here’s my situation: I’m accepted at school A, and their second seat deposit deadline is coming up. In their reminder emails they also note that applicants should withdraw their applications from other schools at the time of submitting the second deposit. I’m waitlisted at schools B and C, and their admissions offices have told me that they won’t be rendering a decision until later in the summer. What are the actual rules around withdrawing applications at the time you pay a second seat deposit somewhere? Is this typical of most schools? Am I contractually obligated to withdraw and will school A find out through LSAC or some other source that I’m still on other waitlists? I’d really prefer to stay on the waitlists at B and C and see what happens, but I don’t want to jeopardize my acceptance (and financial aid awards) at school A. Any help/info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

maddie99

New

Re: Waitlists and second seat deposits

Post by maddie99 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 am

You are allowed to remain on waitlists, but you are not allowed to have active offers of acceptance from other schools once you pay the second deposit. If you would rather attend choices B and C, you have nothing to lose by remaining on their waitlists, but still plan to attend A as a backup.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”