Yield Protection (Wait-list) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Heyy_Y'all

New

Yield Protection (Wait-list)

Post by Heyy_Y'all » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 am

Okay. So, I was wait-listed at a school where my numbers are above the 75th percentile. Yes, I applied to more competitive schools, but I had every intention of attending the unnamed school. That said, I'm trying to avoid paying a seat deposit at one of the other schools and missing the admitted students day at the unnamed school. Is it rude to highlight my numbers in my LOCI? How should I approach this?

Wednesday

New

Re: Yield Protection (Wait-list)

Post by Wednesday » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 am

If you have to remind them of your score, you can say something like "your school has been my first choice from the start, and I did my very best to make sure I scored in or above your 75% to increase my chances of getting in. I remain highly interested in attending your law school in fall 2018, and I will be happy to provide you with any additional information you might need."
Call them and ask whether they have a priority wait list and what your chances of being offered admission are.
They should know they are not a "safe" school for you and that you actually want to enroll.

Heyy_Y'all

New

Post by Heyy_Y'all » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Wednesday wrote:If you have to remind them of your score, you can say something like "your school has been my first choice from the start, and I did my very best to make sure I scored in or above your 75% to increase my chances of getting in. I remain highly interested in attending your law school in fall 2018, and I will be happy to provide you with any additional information you might need."
Call them and ask whether they have a priority wait list and what your chances of being offered admission are.
They should know they are not a "safe" school for you and that you actually want to enroll.
I love the way you worded this. You're a rockstar! Thanks :!: :!:

Wednesday

New

Post by Wednesday » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

You are welcome. :D
Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”