13 Apps, 2 Rejects, 7 Waitlist and 0 Acceptances... Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kay1541

New

13 Apps, 2 Rejects, 7 Waitlist and 0 Acceptances...

Post by kay1541 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:33 pm

Just frustrated to have no assurances on what to do this coming fall.
Also wondering wtf happened.

3.48/171

Asian Immigrant
Working Class
LGBT
First generation college student
No WE

DUI: Arrest 04/15 Conviction 03/16
*LSAT testing center violation allegation - 06/17
-written an addendum and checked by a member of the Bar admin comm. Said that it shouldn't be a problem when it comes to C/F for the Bar.

Rejections:

Michigan
University of Washington

Waitlists:

Duke
Cornell
UCLA
UPenn
Northwestern
Georgetown
WUSTL - Today

No answers from:

USC
UCI
NYU
UVA

I really expected to be admitted to WUSTL and it really hit me over the back of my head to be waitlisted.

Anyone else having similar experience this cycle?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: 13 Apps, 2 Rejects, 7 Waitlist and 0 Acceptances...

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 pm

This is a pretty simple explanation- whatever you did in your lsat violation sunk your application. You are toxic to a lot of these schools, warranted or not. Plus you have no work experience.

Get some work experience, try to put a few years between you and the lsat violation. That might help mitigate the issue down the road.

Heyy_Y'all

New

Post by Heyy_Y'all » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:This is a pretty simple explanation- whatever you did in your lsat violation sunk your application. You are toxic to a lot of these schools, warranted or not.
TITCA :!:

alhookem2020

New

Post by alhookem2020 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:45 am

kay1541 wrote:Just frustrated to have no assurances on what to do this coming fall.

3.48/171

Asian Immigrant
Working Class
LGBT
No WE

-written an addendum and checked by a member of the Bar admin comm. Said that it shouldn't be a problem when it comes to C/F for the Bar.

Rejections:

Michigan
University of Washington

Waitlists:

Duke
Cornell
UCLA
UPenn
Northwestern
Georgetown
WUSTL - Today

No answers from:

USC
UCI
NYU
UVA

I really expected to be admitted to WUSTL and it really hit me over the back of my head to be waitlisted.

Can you provide specifics around the LSAT violation? My guess is that that is the reason.

fiatlux10

New

Post by fiatlux10 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:43 pm

kay1541 wrote:Just frustrated to have no assurances on what to do this coming fall.

3.48/171

Asian Immigrant
Working Class
LGBT
No WE

Rejections:

Michigan
University of Washington

Waitlists:

Duke
Cornell
UCLA
UPenn
Northwestern
Georgetown
WUSTL - Today

No answers from:

USC
UCI
NYU
UVA

I won't add a judgmental comment to the mix -- I think you know it's quite obvious where you went wrong.

I would recommend work experience, I mean really there's no need to rush into law school. Especially with an application season like this, the universe is telling you something. Reapply with some experience and something in your PS about you learning from your mistakes.

Wishing you the best.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kay1541

New

Post by kay1541 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:33 pm

alhookem2020 wrote:

3.48/171

Asian Immigrant
Working Class
LGBT
No WE

Rejections:

Michigan
University of Washington

Waitlists:

Duke
Cornell
UCLA
UPenn
Northwestern
Georgetown
WUSTL - Today

No answers from:

USC
UCI
NYU
UVA

Can you provide specifics around the LSAT violation? My guess is that that is the reason.
I had erased the margins of the scantron and the proctor mistakenly thought I was working on another section.

I read the LSAT Misconduct and Irregularity and assumed violation = misconduct (it isn't). While misconducts are only given after an investigation, for violations just an allegation suffices. There are no appeals. I have hired an attorney to erase the violation mark, the LSAC attorney said that because the violation is so "minor" and wouldn't be considered a scarlet letter by a reasonable adcom that they do not have a due process or give an appeal. I didn't have the time or the means to pursue a lawsuit.

kay1541

New

Post by kay1541 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 pm

fiatlux10 wrote:

3.48/171

Asian Immigrant
Working Class
LGBT
No WE

Rejections:

Michigan
University of Washington

Waitlists:

Duke
Cornell
UCLA
UPenn
Northwestern
Georgetown
WUSTL - Today

No answers from:

USC
UCI
NYU
UVA

I won't add a judgmental comment to the mix -- I think you know it's quite obvious where you went wrong.

I would recommend work experience, I mean really there's no need to rush into law school. Especially with an application season like this, the universe is telling you something. Reapply with some experience and something in your PS about you learning from your mistakes.

Wishing you the best.
I have noticed a substantial uptick in the number of LSATs administered, which really doesn't do me much good.

Can't write about what I didn't do... I really wasn't working on another section.

I haven't worked for a year because I was ill and then got caught up in LSAT/app cycle. It's probably about time I get a job.

Also couldn't help but notice, but are you perhaps a UC alum?

kay1541

New

Post by kay1541 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:43 pm

I figured that the violation has something to do with this.

But does anyone have any idea why these schools are shoving me into purgatory, instead of just rejecting me?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Because they are sending you a hint: go do something else for a few years and you are a possible candidate. Seriously go get some work experience and apply again in 2-4 years. It will make a difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fiatlux10

New

Post by fiatlux10 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:01 pm

kay1541 wrote:
fiatlux10 wrote:

3.48/171

Asian Immigrant
Working Class
LGBT
No WE

Rejections:

Michigan
University of Washington

Waitlists:

Duke
Cornell
UCLA
UPenn
Northwestern
Georgetown
WUSTL - Today

No answers from:

USC
UCI
NYU
UVA

Wishing you the best.
I have noticed a substantial uptick in the number of LSATs administered, which really doesn't do me much good.

Can't write about what I didn't do... I really wasn't working on another section.

I haven't worked for a year because I was ill and then got caught up in LSAT/app cycle. It's probably about time I get a job.

Also couldn't help but notice, but are you perhaps a UC alum?
Good eye. UCLA 2016.

What I meant in terms of mistakes is the DUI. Probably heavily weighted. We all make mistakes, and I would imagine adcomms appreciate it when applicants own them (not saying you don't).

I was in a similar positions two years ago (except no violations). I had little relevant work experience, but a decent academic record and I applied f'ing everywhere. Big mistake. Taxing. Instead I put law school on hold, and for the past two years I've gotten good law firm experience. Applied to two schools (not the best, but with programs I like) with good super-targeted apps, got in, and am done with the process. I think many here who have applied over multiple cycles will attest that less is more the next time around.

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:29 am

In addition to getting some work experience you could also retake the LSAT. I think the allegation will always hangover your head. Take it again,kill it, and prove that the score was legit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”