University of Denver - Sturm College of Law Class of 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lkoy22

New

University of Denver - Sturm College of Law Class of 2021

Post by lkoy22 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Hey all!
I didn't see a thread for DU so I wanted to start one. Any news?
Last edited by lkoy22 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kodibear

New

Re: Denver University - Sturm College of Law Class of 2021

Post by kodibear » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Accepted on 11/21 with a Provost Scholarship.

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 pm

kodibear wrote:Accepted on 11/21 with a Provost Scholarship.
Me too.

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm

If anyone is looking at the part-time program at Sturm, you should be aware that they are transitioning to a hybrid online program. I have a meeting at the school with Admissions tomorrow and will be asking questions about the implications of this change. Feel free to post or PM me if you want more info.

Oh, and it's not Denver University, it's University of Denver even though they use DU as the abbreviation.

lkoy22

New

Post by lkoy22 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 pm

coskigirl wrote:If anyone is looking at the part-time program at Sturm, you should be aware that they are transitioning to a hybrid online program. I have a meeting at the school with Admissions tomorrow and will be asking questions about the implications of this change. Feel free to post or PM me if you want more info.

Oh, and it's not Denver University, it's University of Denver even though they use DU as the abbreviation.
Edited - Thanks! I'm so used to seeing the DU abbreviation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wardja02

New

Post by wardja02 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:21 pm

coskigirl wrote:If anyone is looking at the part-time program at Sturm, you should be aware that they are transitioning to a hybrid online program. I have a meeting at the school with Admissions tomorrow and will be asking questions about the implications of this change. Feel free to post or PM me if you want more info.

Hi, I was wondering if you have any more insight into the hybrid program? Thanks!

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:26 pm

wardja02 wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if you have any more insight into the hybrid program? Thanks!
Sadly, not much. They haven't finalized the schedule of the program yet which is what I'm really looking for. It will start this fall and be every other weekend on-campus, probably something like 9-5 Saturdays and 9-2 Sundays (not exact times) and then the alternate weekends would be online. They haven't decided if those online weekends will be exact schedules as in you have to be online live from 9-5 or if it will be self-scheduled.

After the first year there will be options to take evening and daytime classes as well as the hybrid.

The person I met with was hoping info would release in the next few weeks.

lkoy22

New

Re: University of Denver - Sturm College of Law Class of 2021

Post by lkoy22 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:10 pm

In at Denver today! Awarded provost's scholarship at 35k a year

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Would be helpful to readers if those earning scholarship money would share their stats (LSAT & GPA).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lkoy22

New

Post by lkoy22 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:39 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Would be helpful to readers if those earning scholarship money would share their stats (LSAT & GPA).
Sorry 159/3.8 - although I'll probably be sitting out a cycle and just retaking.

RedBadger2112

New

Post by RedBadger2112 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Dinged via email today 1/30 :roll:

studystudystudy

New

Post by studystudystudy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 pm

In yesterday afternoon! 17k/year. 152/3.92 w good softs. Same exact offer from University of San Diego.

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:06 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Would be helpful to readers if those earning scholarship money would share their stats (LSAT & GPA).
161/3.53. Softs are somewhat unique as I'm 16 years out of undergrad and already working in legal with strong support from my employer including a LOR which indicated that they have every intention of employing me as an attorney post graduation.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JC420

New

Post by JC420 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:55 am

I was admitted back in early December with a 163, 2.94 LSDS GPA. Molecular Biology major, currently work for a biotech company 1 year out of college. I received 25k per year. Does anyone know if Denver negotiates?

MountainWest

New

Post by MountainWest » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

JC420 wrote:
I was admitted back in early December with a 163, 2.94 LSDS GPA. Molecular Biology major, currently work for a biotech company 1 year out of college. I received 25k per year. Does anyone know if Denver negotiates?
I have around a low 160s, 3.7X and got 34k a year and asked if they could increase or make theirs non-conditional as I have gotten non-conditional full-rides from better schools. They said they can’t compete. I am super bummed as I live in Denver and my SO goes to DU. Hard to justify an extra $35k plus higher living expenses, plus a chance of having to pay $100k in tuition if I lose the scholarship to go to a worse school. Be weary of the conditional can pm me for details of how people I know lost their scholarships at DU.

JC420

New

Post by JC420 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm

MountainWest wrote:
JC420 wrote:
I have around a low 160s, 3.7X and got 34k a year and asked if they could increase or make theirs non-conditional as I have gotten non-conditional full-rides from better schools. They said they can’t compete. I am super bummed as I live in Denver and my SO goes to DU. Hard to justify an extra $35k plus higher living expenses, plus a chance of having to pay $100k in tuition if I lose the scholarship to go to a worse school. Be weary of the conditional can pm me for details of how people I know lost their scholarships at DU.
Yeah that's super disappointing and all of those are valid worries, the conditional GPA is definitely concerning to me too. Not that I think I'll bomb my first semester but you never know. I also have better scholarships from some good schools in the midwest, but I love Denver. I'm kind of having the same problem but I'm in Chicago and my SO will be going to medical school in the fall, but Loyola has offered me a lowball scholarship and doesn't negotiate either. Doesn't make much sense to have near full rides from a couple top 30 schools and have Loyola cost me more than double the better schools.

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am

For those wondering about the part-time program, they've finally released the details here:

https://www.law.du.edu/index.php/admiss ... me-program

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”