University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KoozBall

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KoozBall » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:27 pm

olemiss18 wrote:In off the waitlist with $$$ and attending UIUC this fall! Got the call July 20th. So excited to join.


So awesome and congrats! Glad you picked UIUC over UW, see you at orientation!

olemiss18

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby olemiss18 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:41 am

KoozBall wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:In off the waitlist with $$$ and attending UIUC this fall! Got the call July 20th. So excited to join.


So awesome and congrats! Glad you picked UIUC over UW, see you at orientation!


You may have me confused with someone else, as I didn't apply to UW, but thank you!

olemiss18

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby olemiss18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 am

Anybody know where a guy can get an itemized list of the $4k fees we pay? I saw it once somewhere, but I have no earthly idea where.

chitownclown

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby chitownclown » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:00 pm

olemiss18 wrote:Anybody know where a guy can get an itemized list of the $4k fees we pay? I saw it once somewhere, but I have no earthly idea where.


Itemized for one semester ($4K for both semesters)

Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (AFMA) Fee: $341
General Fee: $293
Health Insurance: $582 (you can opt out of this if you can show proof of pre-existing insurance)
Health Service Fee: $233
Law Library/IT: $ 274
LRAP Fee: $13
Service Fee: $290
Student Initiated Fees: $66
Transportation Fee: $62
Total: $2,154

olemiss18

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby olemiss18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm

chitownclown wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:Anybody know where a guy can get an itemized list of the $4k fees we pay? I saw it once somewhere, but I have no earthly idea where.


Itemized for one semester ($4K for both semesters)

Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (AFMA) Fee: $341
General Fee: $293
Health Insurance: $582 (you can opt out of this if you can show proof of pre-existing insurance)
Health Service Fee: $233
Law Library/IT: $ 274
LRAP Fee: $13
Service Fee: $290
Student Initiated Fees: $66
Transportation Fee: $62
Total: $2,154


Thanks for this breakdown! Glad I can put $1100 back in my account from the health insurance. But man, some of these are absurd. I'd at least like to know what a General Fee is before I give them a Specific Two Hundred Ninety-Three Dollars. Also, transportation fee? Did I literally miss the bus on this one? I didn't know law school came with a semesterly field trip. Alright, I think two mediocre jokes is about where I call it a night.

chitownclown

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby chitownclown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 pm

olemiss18 wrote:
chitownclown wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:Anybody know where a guy can get an itemized list of the $4k fees we pay? I saw it once somewhere, but I have no earthly idea where.


Itemized for one semester ($4K for both semesters)

Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (AFMA) Fee: $341
General Fee: $293
Health Insurance: $582 (you can opt out of this if you can show proof of pre-existing insurance)
Health Service Fee: $233
Law Library/IT: $ 274
LRAP Fee: $13
Service Fee: $290
Student Initiated Fees: $66
Transportation Fee: $62
Total: $2,154


Thanks for this breakdown! Glad I can put $1100 back in my account from the health insurance. But man, some of these are absurd. I'd at least like to know what a General Fee is before I give them a Specific Two Hundred Ninety-Three Dollars. Also, transportation fee? Did I literally miss the bus on this one? I didn't know law school came with a semesterly field trip. Alright, I think two mediocre jokes is about where I call it a night.


No idea about the General Fee but the transportation fee covers Champaign Urbana bus transit. Busses are free in town when you show your ID. Plus you do go up to Chicago for a day in October to visit a bunch of firms but I kinda doubt it's used for that.

olemiss18

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: University of Illinois C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby olemiss18 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:45 pm

chitownclown wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:
chitownclown wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:Anybody know where a guy can get an itemized list of the $4k fees we pay? I saw it once somewhere, but I have no earthly idea where.


Itemized for one semester ($4K for both semesters)

Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (AFMA) Fee: $341
General Fee: $293
Health Insurance: $582 (you can opt out of this if you can show proof of pre-existing insurance)
Health Service Fee: $233
Law Library/IT: $ 274
LRAP Fee: $13
Service Fee: $290
Student Initiated Fees: $66
Transportation Fee: $62
Total: $2,154


Thanks for this breakdown! Glad I can put $1100 back in my account from the health insurance. But man, some of these are absurd. I'd at least like to know what a General Fee is before I give them a Specific Two Hundred Ninety-Three Dollars. Also, transportation fee? Did I literally miss the bus on this one? I didn't know law school came with a semesterly field trip. Alright, I think two mediocre jokes is about where I call it a night.


No idea about the General Fee but the transportation fee covers Champaign Urbana bus transit. Busses are free in town when you show your ID. Plus you do go up to Chicago for a day in October to visit a bunch of firms but I kinda doubt it's used for that.


Ah, well thank you for filling me in there. The bus system fee makes sense and is definitely worth $62.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests