DING BAR 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
InterLaw

Bronze

Re: DING BAR 2021

Post by InterLaw » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:09 am

WL from UPenn... Who could have imagined that? They are so international friendly that the number of students enrolled with unreported GPAs oscillates between 0 and 1 per year!
(Trump's alma mater... coincidence?)

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

HankScorpion wrote:No Decision Letter from Northwestern today, taking that as a ding based on previous cycles. Bummed. :(
Is that like a HOLD?

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:01 am

Dear Penn, Philly is trash and I wouldn't live there if you paid me...

Vodka soda - because I feel I deserve only the drink of white girls on diets

HankScorpion

New

Post by HankScorpion » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
HankScorpion wrote:No Decision Letter from Northwestern today, taking that as a ding based on previous cycles. Bummed. :(
Is that like a HOLD?
Nah, just means I haven't gotten a decision yet, but based on the timing of previous cycles I'm anticipating a rejection next month.

lildove

New

Post by lildove » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Never wanted to live in California anyway. UCLA straight up denied me within days of applying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:22 pm

I ghosted somebody last night. I'm not proud of it.

Literally 1 minute after I chose to ghost, a Berkeley ding rolled into my mailbox.

Karma is real, fam.

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm

heyduchess wrote:I ghosted somebody last night. I'm not proud of it.

Literally 1 minute after I chose to ghost, a Berkeley ding rolled into my mailbox.

Karma is real, fam.
bruhhhh, that's crazy!

seanbodonovan

New

Post by seanbodonovan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Honestly, I’m not even mad at Berkeley. It’s probably safer not to live in CA anyway. I’ll have whatever’s on tap, and make it a “big one.”

bbwannabe

New

Post by bbwannabe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:47 pm

F u berkeley - u aint nothng without that cali location good luck holding on to T13 ranking with no $$$

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:48 pm

ShakeAndBake wrote:Fuck Michigan and Fuck Jim Harbaugh
i take personal offense to this

commieprince

New

Post by commieprince » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:01 am

Dinged at Michigan via snail mail yesterday. Ain't nobody got time for that Ann Arbor cold anyway! bye

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:26 am

mistakepluskeleven wrote:Dear Penn, Philly is trash and I wouldn't live there if you paid me...

Lmao. This is great. They sent me the most 'snooty' email responses I have ever seen or heard of in response to an inquiry I sent them. I showed my email to several people that were like wtf?! And this is a top 10 law school demanding perfection and professionalism from their applicants? Lol... yep...

alhookem2020

New

Post by alhookem2020 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:23 am

NukinFutz wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Dear Penn, Philly is trash and I wouldn't live there if you paid me...

Lmao. This is great. They sent me the most 'snooty' email responses I have ever seen or heard of in response to an inquiry I sent them. I showed my email to several people that were like wtf?! And this is a top 10 law school demanding perfection and professionalism from their applicants? Lol... yep...
Share it!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:26 am

commieprince wrote:Dinged at Michigan via snail mail yesterday. Ain't nobody got time for that Ann Arbor cold anyway! bye
your status checker didn't change? sorry to hear!!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 pm

alhookem2020 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Share it!!
No, that wouldn't be right. What my friends and I are imagining was that some individual was having a very, very bad day and decided to take it out on a poor-ol' applicant. You can't judge everyone there based on one person's email; that wouldn't be fair.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
alhookem2020 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Share it!!
No, that wouldn't be right. What my friends and I are imagining was that some individual was having a very, very bad day and decided to take it out on a poor-ol' applicant. You can't judge everyone there based on one person's email; that wouldn't be fair.
yeah true, I agree. damn, that is beyond unacceptable for someone who works at a school like Penn Law, though. for any law school, really. smh..

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Mikey wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
alhookem2020 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Share it!!
yeah true, I agree. damn, that is beyond unacceptable for someone who works at a school like Penn Law, though. for any law school, really. smh..
I was pretty shocked. But hey, we have all had moments in our life when we were not at our best.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:49 pm

I wasn't aware that I had applied to any Greek law schools, so I was rather surprised to be offered the waitlist from a school in Ithaca. Well, Cornell (am I pronouncing that right?), I do truly appreciate that you've saved me a spot in line, but alas, I must decline. You see, I was accepted this week to a school called Harvard. That's a very good school in my country. It's part of a group of very good schools called the Ivy League. There are eight of them, but only five have law schools: Harvard, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, and Princeton. I'm sure you're a very good law school, too! Please don't take this personally, and give a warm yassou to my Hellenic friends.

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos

Top Tier Lurker

New

Post by Top Tier Lurker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:52 pm

#gobroncos wrote:I wasn't aware that I had applied to any Greek law schools, so I was rather surprised to be offered the waitlist from a school in Ithaca. Well, Cornell (am I pronouncing that right?), I do truly appreciate that you've saved me a spot in line, but alas, I must decline. You see, I was accepted this week to a school called Harvard. That's a very good school in my country. It's part of a group of very good schools called the Ivy League. There are eight of them, but only five have law schools: Harvard, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, and Princeton. I'm sure you're a very good law school, too! Please don't take this personally, and give a warm yassou to my Hellenic friends.

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos
if you had no desire to go to Cornell, then they did the right thing WLing you IMO

subpoenacolada

Bronze

Post by subpoenacolada » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Top Tier Lurker wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:I wasn't aware that I had applied to any Greek law schools, so I was rather surprised to be offered the waitlist from a school in Ithaca. Well, Cornell (am I pronouncing that right?), I do truly appreciate that you've saved me a spot in line, but alas, I must decline. You see, I was accepted this week to a school called Harvard. That's a very good school in my country. It's part of a group of very good schools called the Ivy League. There are eight of them, but only five have law schools: Harvard, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, and Princeton. I'm sure you're a very good law school, too! Please don't take this personally, and give a warm yassou to my Hellenic friends.

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos
if you had no desire to go to Cornell, then they did the right thing WLing you IMO
This thread is for salt and negativity only tho

Top Tier Lurker

New

Post by Top Tier Lurker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:
Top Tier Lurker wrote:

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos
This thread is for salt and negativity only tho
Understood. I applied to the whole T14 sans Cornell, so I'm sure I'll be stopping by the Ding Bar for a stiff one at some point :cry:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ddevich

New

Post by ddevich » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos
It's not Cor-nell, it's pronounced Colonel and it's the highest rank in the military.

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

ddevich wrote:

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos
It's not Cor-nell, it's pronounced Colonel and it's the highest rank in the military.
Pretty sure you’re thinking of kernel, but like, duly noted. :lol:

bababoom

New

Post by bababoom » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 pm

ddevich wrote:

Ευχαριστούμε!
#gobroncos
it's pronounced cor-nell and it's the highest rank in the IVY LEAGUE

hulahooping

New

Post by hulahooping » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:07 pm

this garbage ivy apologized that they couldn't offer me a spot in their law program...i'd like to inform them that their apology is not necessary. see, i'm not trash, so i don't feel bad at all!! ya'all know exactly who i'm talking about.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”