Loyola Law Los Angeles C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WSUWarrior

New

Re: Loyola Law Los Angeles C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by WSUWarrior » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 am

llabr6132 wrote:
paralegaltolawyer3 wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:To anyone who has gotten a decision already - did your status checker say “decision email” sent on a certain day before you got your decision? It says that on mine but I have not received an email
I'm in the same boat! I looked at the LSAC status checker today and it said that a decision has been rendered on my application, and it says that the email was sent two days ago, but I never received the email.
Exactly what mine says now! The status checker said before that the email can take 2 business days, so maybe it’s coming today/tonight (since everyone has said they got the emails at 1am)
I called Loyola and they said the email should come in some time today.
I didn’t get the email still. Anyone else? This is such a weird situation and I’m so anxious lol
I woke up this morning very excited to check my inbox, but there was nothing from the law school, so that was disappointing.

paralegaltolawyer3

New

Post by paralegaltolawyer3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 pm

WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:To anyone who has gotten a decision already - did your status checker say “decision email” sent on a certain day before you got your decision? It says that on mine but I have not received an email
I'm in the same boat! I looked at the LSAC status checker today and it said that a decision has been rendered on my application, and it says that the email was sent two days ago, but I never received the email.
Exactly what mine says now! The status checker said before that the email can take 2 business days, so maybe it’s coming today/tonight (since everyone has said they got the emails at 1am)
I called Loyola and they said the email should come in some time today.
I didn’t get the email still. Anyone else? This is such a weird situation and I’m so anxious lol
I woke up this morning very excited to check my inbox, but there was nothing from the law school, so that was disappointing.
Still no email for me either. I did get my admissions packet in the mail yesterday though. So I'm hopeful for everyone else that this was an acceptance wave!

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:12 pm

paralegaltolawyer3 wrote: Still no email for me either. I did get my admissions packet in the mail yesterday though. So I'm hopeful for everyone else that this was an acceptance wave!
When did your status change?

paralegaltolawyer3

New

Post by paralegaltolawyer3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:19 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
paralegaltolawyer3 wrote: Still no email for me either. I did get my admissions packet in the mail yesterday though. So I'm hopeful for everyone else that this was an acceptance wave!
I didn't notice when my status changed. It went from complete and then disappeared. Under their mailings section it said a decision email was sent 12/18. If it helps at all, I applied mid-October.

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:44 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
I didn't notice when my status changed. It went from complete and then disappeared. Under their mailings section it said a decision email was sent 12/18. If it helps at all, I applied mid-October.

That does help, thank you! I think we have the exact same timeline. Did your acceptance packet include scholarship info?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paralegaltolawyer3

New

Post by paralegaltolawyer3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:58 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:

That does help, thank you! I think we have the exact same timeline. Did your acceptance packet include scholarship info?
Yes!

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:59 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:

Yes!
Awesome! Congratulations!!!

WSUWarrior

New

Post by WSUWarrior » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:

Yes!
Awesome! Congratulations!!!
Did you ever hear anything back?

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:11 am

WSUWarrior wrote: Did you ever hear anything back?
Sadly I did not yet. Hoping for maybe one of their 1am emails tonight before Christmas

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WSUWarrior

New

Post by WSUWarrior » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:04 am

llabr6132 wrote:
Sadly I did not yet. Hoping for maybe one of their 1am emails tonight before Christmas
I am hoping for that as well!

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:10 am

WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
Still nothing. I’m beginning to think there is no email

WSUWarrior

New

Post by WSUWarrior » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 am

llabr6132 wrote:
WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
I think you may be right...

WSUWarrior

New

Post by WSUWarrior » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:52 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
I received a packet from the law school at my school address, but I’m home on break, so the anticipation to get back to school is going to kill me! I’m hoping it’s an acceptance packet!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:40 pm

WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
WSUWarrior wrote:
llabr6132 wrote:
I received a packet from the law school at my school address, but I’m home on break, so the anticipation to get back to school is going to kill me! I’m hoping it’s an acceptance packet!
I’m sure it is!! I am assuming mine is in the same boat, and I won’t be back there until January 11th sadly

WSUWarrior

New

Post by WSUWarrior » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:34 pm

I received my acceptance packet in the mail sometime the week before Christmas. No acceptance email and no scholarship, but that was to be expected as my LSAT was much lower than what Loyola looks for, but it was still nice to be accepted!

saffles

Bronze

Post by saffles » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:40 pm

WSUWarrior wrote:I received my acceptance packet in the mail sometime the week before Christmas. No acceptance email and no scholarship, but that was to be expected as my LSAT was much lower than what Loyola looks for, but it was still nice to be accepted!
:o what was your gpa? My lsat is 152 and I’m submitting my apps within the next two weeks...but I just registered for February lsat TAT

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Edit: Just saw your stats on lsn. I’m sure you’ll get at least 60k. I think they want to raise their stat averages (I guess as with all colleges)

RedBadger2112

New

Post by RedBadger2112 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Checking in. Submitted Last week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

livbear

New

Post by livbear » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:42 am

Decision rendered today, being mailed. Seems like some mailed decisions come with emails and some without but I’m not a patient person so I’m hoping for an email! Submitted 12/12, complete 12/13. LSAT>75, 25>GPA

NewUser_2017

New

Post by NewUser_2017 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi everyone, I am currently a student at Loyola LS, willing to answer some questions if anyone has any.

SDAW2012

New

Post by SDAW2012 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 pm

NewUser_2017 wrote:Hi everyone, I am currently a student at Loyola LS, willing to answer some questions if anyone has any.
Is there anything that stands out about Loyola compared to other SoCal law schools?

I'm primarily trying to differentiate between San Diego and Loyola. It is hard to do considering placement rates and cost of loving (after scholarships) are almost identical. It seems like it comes down to whether a person wants to practice in SD or LA, but I have no preference. I think I understand the pros and cons of living in each city and it comes out to a push for me.

One thing I am curious about is the culture of the student bodies. It seems like Loyola is a little bit more diverse (demographically and ideologically) and San Diego has a bigger religious/right presence. But I could be totally off-base on that.

Thanks for your time!

shukwah

New

Post by shukwah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 pm

First time poster! I am applying to Loyola but I have not finished my application yet. I am going to take the LSAT next month. Hope I get in since this is my #1 school and I will be applying for PT. On the application when it said evening/day does that mean you prefer evening first then day?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

saffles

Bronze

Post by saffles » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 pm

shukwah wrote:First time poster! I am applying to Loyola but I have not finished my application yet. I am going to take the LSAT next month. Hope I get in since this is my #1 school and I will be applying for PT. On the application when it said evening/day does that mean you prefer evening first then day?
If you're doing part-time, I think evening is what you want to select. Day is for full-time.
Good luck!

llabr6132

New

Post by llabr6132 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:38 pm

NewUser_2017 wrote:Hi everyone, I am currently a student at Loyola LS, willing to answer some questions if anyone has any.
What is your least favorite thing about Loyola and what is your favorite thing?

shukwah

New

Post by shukwah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:44 pm

saffles wrote:
shukwah wrote:First time poster! I am applying to Loyola but I have not finished my application yet. I am going to take the LSAT next month. Hope I get in since this is my #1 school and I will be applying for PT. On the application when it said evening/day does that mean you prefer evening first then day?
If you're doing part-time, I think evening is what you want to select. Day is for full-time.
Good luck!
I was trying to say there was a part where it said day, evening, day/evening, and evening/day.
Does that mean you are interested in PT and full-time?
Sorry for asking this question that might be super simple!

saffles

Bronze

Post by saffles » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 pm

shukwah wrote:
saffles wrote:
Good luck!
I was trying to say there was a part where it said day, evening, day/evening, and evening/day.
Does that mean you are interested in PT and full-time?
Sorry for asking this question that might be super simple!
Haha it’s okay. In that case I’m not sure... :/ I would ask admissions if no one else can answer, sorry.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”