Indiana - Maurer Law c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MercW07

Bronze

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law c/o 2021

Post by MercW07 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Accepted via email this morning! Very excited about this one, and the money they have offered me is going to be very hard to turn down.

vif

New

Post by vif » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Accepted earlier this month - in undergrad here so if anyone has any questions about Bloomington/IU feel free to pm me!

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:03 pm

MercW07 wrote:Accepted via email this morning! Very excited about this one, and the money they have offered me is going to be very hard to turn down.
Congrats MercW07! Can you let me know how long did it take since you submitted your app until they took the decision? Thanks!

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Accepted via email this morning! Very excited about this one, and the money they have offered me is going to be very hard to turn down.
Congrats MercW07! Can you let me know how long did it take since you submitted your app until they took the decision? Thanks!
Thank you! I submitted 12/24/17

lildove

New

Post by lildove » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Okay I’m very nervous because I applied on Dec 20th and ever since then it has been “application complete - ready for review” and there’s been absolutely NO ACTION on status checker since then. I see people who applied later than me already getting in and mine hasn’t even been submitted for review? Should I contact them? I don’t want to seem desperate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 pm

lildove wrote:Okay I’m very nervous because I applied on Dec 20th and ever since then it has been “application complete - ready for review” and there’s been absolutely NO ACTION on status checker since then. I see people who applied later than me already getting in and mine hasn’t even been submitted for review? Should I contact them? I don’t want to seem desperate.
I was accepted without ever going under review. I just stayed at complete until it changed to decision made.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm

lildove wrote:Okay I’m very nervous because I applied on Dec 20th and ever since then it has been “application complete - ready for review” and there’s been absolutely NO ACTION on status checker since then. I see people who applied later than me already getting in and mine hasn’t even been submitted for review? Should I contact them? I don’t want to seem desperate.
Are you a splitter?

lildove

New

Post by lildove » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:12 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Are you a splitter?

Very much so! GPA > 75th, LSAT below median. Also international student and strong softs (or so I’ve been said lol)

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:42 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
I was accepted without ever going under review. I just stayed at complete until it changed to decision made.
+1 Same here. I went from 'complete' to getting an email saying congrats.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:49 pm

You have to remember that admissions - and every other law school too - was probably on winter/holiday break from 12/24 all the way through 1/3. That's ten solid days of guaranteed 'no action' for everyone. So while it might seem like it is taking a while, it really hasn't been. In reality, your app has only been available to them for three weeks, tops. That is by no means abnormally long time to be in review. Some people wait months to hear back (not necessarily from IU, but in general). As myself and others have indicated above, your status checker isn't likely to say "in review", only "complete". Chances are that you are - and have been - in review. I would respectfully suggest that a phone call would only have the effect of annoying admissions, or worse yet, you illustrate you are impatient at the very time they are looking at your application. Just let them do their work. In the interim, chew off your nails in lieu of calling them.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 pm

lildove wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
Are you a splitter?

Very much so! GPA > 75th, LSAT below median. Also international student and strong softs (or so I’ve been said lol)
Thats probably why its taking them so long. Ive seen apps like yours take twice as long as a "standard" apps (according to LSN). Don't sweat it, you'll get your decision sooner rather than later.

Edit: Ill also add that of all of the schools that Ive applied to (22 in total over the last 2 years) IU is the one school with the strictest "do not contact us about your application" policy. Most schools encourage emails with questions regarding the application process, etc. but IU seems to be very much against it, so Id recommend not contacting them.

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 am

We are on the same boat. I applied Dec 25th, my file has been under review for exactly 3 weeks today. I am an international student as well, LSAT >75th, Above Average GPA report. Have you applied to the 2-year program by any chance? I am starting to think that the fact they have not answered to me yet has to do with that.

I visited the school a couple of months ago and had the opportunity to speak with Greg Canada. The school seemed really interested in my profile so right now I'm going crazy wondering what is going on.

lildove

New

Post by lildove » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:11 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:
We are on the same boat. I applied Dec 25th, my file has been under review for exactly 3 weeks today. I am an international student as well, LSAT >75th, Above Average GPA report. Have you applied to the 2-year program by any chance? I am starting to think that the fact they have not answered to me yet has to do with that.

I visited the school a couple of months ago and had the opportunity to speak with Greg Canada. The school seemed really interested in my profile so right now I'm going crazy wondering what is going on.
I didn’t apply for 2-year program, so it might be that. I also didn’t visit! If they seemed interested in your profile then I wouldn’t worry too much. After reading the answers here I feel so much better. I know the waiting game slowly kills us but it’s going to be alright and we’re all going to amazing schools (regardless of where they’re located haha.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lildove

New

Post by lildove » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm

MercW07 wrote:
lildove wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
Are you a splitter?

Thats probably why its taking them so long. Ive seen apps like yours take twice as long as a "standard" apps (according to LSN). Don't sweat it, you'll get your decision sooner rather than later.

Edit: Ill also add that of all of the schools that Ive applied to (22 in total over the last 2 years) IU is the one school with the strictest "do not contact us about your application" policy. Most schools encourage emails with questions regarding the application process, etc. but IU seems to be very much against it, so Id recommend not contacting them.
Thanks! This helped a lot, especially the fact that they hate being contacted. I’ll just lay off and “trust the process.” No point in worrying so much when all work is done, now just sit and wait.

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:43 pm

lildove wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:

I didn’t apply for 2-year program, so it might be that. I also didn’t visit! If they seemed interested in your profile then I wouldn’t worry too much. After reading the answers here I feel so much better. I know the waiting game slowly kills us but it’s going to be alright and we’re all going to amazing schools (regardless of where they’re located haha.)
I'll let you know if I hear back from them! I hope that they will issue some decisions by this weekend (maybe?). If you can, I strongly recommend you to visit the school. It was a very positive experience for me, everyone was really nice and welcoming and getting to know the school and some of the students/staff involved only reinforced my already good opinion of IU Maurer.

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:29 pm

I had thought that Indiana didn't update the status checker, but mine changed to File Complete-In Review as of this morning. Went complete 10/19.

Sharktank1515

New

Post by Sharktank1515 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:55 pm

TedBuckland wrote:I had thought that Indiana didn't update the status checker, but mine changed to File Complete-In Review as of this morning. Went complete 10/19.
Same, mine is in review. Does it usually take the full 3 weeks for a decision as it states?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Sharktank1515 wrote:
TedBuckland wrote:I had thought that Indiana didn't update the status checker, but mine changed to File Complete-In Review as of this morning. Went complete 10/19.
Same, mine is in review. Does it usually take the full 3 weeks for a decision as it states?
It actually states "up to 3 weeks". I know some people who got a decision in less than that. In my case, I'm just in the last day of the 3-week period and I haven't gotten a response yet.

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:
lildove wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:

I'll let you know if I hear back from them! I hope that they will issue some decisions by this weekend (maybe?). If you can, I strongly recommend you to visit the school. It was a very positive experience for me, everyone was really nice and welcoming and getting to know the school and some of the students/staff involved only reinforced my already good opinion of IU Maurer.
This is good to see. I can't wait for February ASW and am hoping that I have the same experience/impression.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Sharktank1515 wrote:

I got in exactly 1 week after I went into review. But I’m a reapplicant (got WLed last cycle) so maybe that’s why I had such a quick turn around? I’m not sure to be honest.

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Sharktank1515 wrote:

I got in exactly 1 week after I went into review. But I’m a reapplicant (got WLed last cycle) so maybe that’s why I had such a quick turn around? I’m not sure to be honest.
I'm the exact same, WL last cycle, so a week would be a nice turnaround

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tominusprime

New

Post by tominusprime » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 am

gabylsatprep18 wrote:

All of this, times a hundred. They were sending me all sorts of invitations to apply since before I took my June LSAT, but I've been stuck at "Complete - Ready for Review" since Nov. 10 and still haven't heard a word back. Not sure whether to take it as a good or bad sign that I haven't been put on the waitlist by now, it's almost been 3 months. :cry:

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm

tominusprime wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:

All of this, times a hundred. They were sending me all sorts of invitations to apply since before I took my June LSAT, but I've been stuck at "Complete - Ready for Review" since Nov. 10 and still haven't heard a word back. Not sure whether to take it as a good or bad sign that I haven't been put on the waitlist by now, it's almost been 3 months. :cry:
I had been very happy so far this cycle with good offers from George Mason, W&M and W&L. I even got accepted to Vanderbilt yesterday. However, I'm an in-state resident in Indiana and I'm pretty disappointed with both IUs so far. IU McKinney accepted me but made me a scholarship offer that makes no sense whatsoever looking at my numbers and softs. And IU Maurer does not issue a decision. I am crossing fingers we will hear by this weekend. By LSN it looks like most people who applied and went complete around the same dates have been getting decisions for the last two weeks.

lildove

New

Post by lildove » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:
tominusprime wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:

I had been very happy so far this cycle with good offers from George Mason, W&M and W&L. I even got accepted to Vanderbilt yesterday. However, I'm an in-state resident in Indiana and I'm pretty disappointed with both IUs so far. IU McKinney accepted me but made me a scholarship offer that makes no sense whatsoever looking at my numbers and softs. And IU Maurer does not issue a decision. I am crossing fingers we will hear by this weekend. By LSN it looks like most people who applied and went complete around the same dates have been getting decisions for the last two weeks.
I’m on the new forum mostly but because this is here I just wanted to check with you guys if your status checker changed or everything just continues the same. I’ve seen absolutely no change in mine, still says “ready for review.” Actually freaking out now. And congrats on making Vanderbilt! That is actually my first choice although clearly a bit of a reach for me. Would you go to Maurer if accepted?

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm

lildove wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:
tominusprime wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:

I’m on the new forum mostly but because this is here I just wanted to check with you guys if your status checker changed or everything just continues the same. I’ve seen absolutely no change in mine, still says “ready for review.” Actually freaking out now. And congrats on making Vanderbilt! That is actually my first choice although clearly a bit of a reach for me. Would you go to Maurer if accepted?
I am still under review and going nuts (my application has been UR for 5 weeks now). I do not know why, but my in-state applications are not going as I anticipated. I got accepted at IUPUI but their merit award offer was really low (I believe this has to do with the fact that their rank is really far from any other schools I have applied to. I suspect they believe I am not attending their school and therefore they did not waste time in sending me a decent offer). I got accepted in Notre Dame a week and a half after applying (I did not expect that to happen that quick). Meanwhile, I am still waiting to hear on IU and wondering if I should send a LOCI or try to schedule a second visit to the school. The worst part of all this is that IU was my #1 option in-state, and probably overall.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”