Indiana - Maurer Law c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blackmamba8

Bronze

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law c/o 2021

Post by blackmamba8 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:15 pm

KoozBall wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:Status changed today (1/5) to decision made - email within 48 hours - not sure what to expect.... no seat deposits listed, but not sure if that is how IU works
Mine says 24 hours. I see a rejection wave coming through so far today so maybe us 24 hours ones got rejected and the 48 hours ones got admitted.
Mine was 24 hours, but I'm not sure if there's any significance regarding the time frame they tell you.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:I'm decision made as of today-- but it says nothing about an email/time frame...
This is what my checker said:

"The committee has made a decision on your file. Communications are sent to your primary email address within 48 business hours of this status update. Our goal is to review our applications as expeditiously as possible; therefore, we kindly ask that you refrain from contacting the Office of Admissions about your status as this will only slow down the process.
Thank you,
The Admissions Staff"

Not sure what to think - probably a rejection :|

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:28 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:I'm decision made as of today-- but it says nothing about an email/time frame...

"The committee has made a decision on your file. Communications are sent to your primary email address within 48 business hours of this status update. Our goal is to review our applications as expeditiously as possible; therefore, we kindly ask that you refrain from contacting the Office of Admissions about your status as this will only slow down the process.
Thank you,
The Admissions Staff"

Mine still says this and I was accepted a month ago.

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:

Thank you,
The Admissions Staff"

Wow, compared to mine yours is verbose! This is what mine said:

The committee has made a decision on your file. Communications are sent by email to your primary email address within 24 hours of this status update.
Thank you,
The Admissions Staff

I'm gonna take the pessimism and say I got rejected and your flowery message means you got accepted! :D

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Side note- been very impressed with IU since being accepted. I received a personalized voice mail congratulating me and a IU branded Bluetooth speaker in the mail. Very cool!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Y'all are all gonna get accepted and then join me at the February 24th ASD.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:43 pm

KoozBall wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

Thank you,
The Admissions Staff"

The committee has made a decision on your file. Communications are sent by email to your primary email address within 24 hours of this status update.
Thank you,
The Admissions Staff

I'm gonna take the pessimism and say I got rejected and your flowery message means you got accepted! :D
If you were rejected I think you would know by now.... I’m going to say waitlist or rejected for me just to not get my hopes up - haven’t heard anything yet though

ChiCityLove

New

Post by ChiCityLove » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:44 pm

KoozBall wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

Thank you,
The Admissions Staff"

Thank you,
The Admissions Staff

Oops, I totally overlooked the message at the top of the status checker. Mine says the same 24 hour thing, not nothing!

par283

New

Post by par283 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Mine says 24 hours. No seat deposit link. Does that mean I got rejected?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:57 pm

par283 wrote:Mine says 24 hours. No seat deposit link. Does that mean I got rejected?

No I don’t think so - did your status change today to decision made?

Delta887

New

Post by Delta887 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 pm

FWIW I went complete in October and still haven’t had any change to my status checker other than it just saying picture checkbox on the bottom.

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:03 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:Y'all are all gonna get accepted and then join me at the February 24th ASD.
Yes, I will be joining you at the ASD!!!!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:08 pm

KoozBall wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:Y'all are all gonna get accepted and then join me at the February 24th ASD.
Congrats!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

par283

New

Post by par283 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
par283 wrote:Mine says 24 hours. No seat deposit link. Does that mean I got rejected?

Yea, it says decision made and 24 hours notice. I'm a splitter so, it's possible I got dinged, but others with my stats got in and my lsat is 4 points above they're 75% so I'd be a little surpised.

par283

New

Post by par283 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:17 pm

par283 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

Yea, it says decision made and 24 hours notice. I'm a splitter so, it's possible I got dinged, but others with my stats got in and my lsat is 4 points above they're 75% so I'd be a little surpised.
I got in!

ChiCityLove

New

Post by ChiCityLove » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:19 pm

In via email!

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Congrats to those in - I’m guess waitlist for me as I’ve not already been rejected as I had the 48 hr notice vi status checker?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:34 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:Congrats to those in - I’m guess waitlist for me as I’ve not already been rejected as I had the 48 hr notice vi status checker?
Not necessarily! Bet you got in, have you heard yet?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:19 pm

KoozBall wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:Congrats to those in - I’m guess waitlist for me as I’ve not already been rejected as I had the 48 hr notice vi status checker?
Not necessarily! Bet you got in, have you heard yet?
Yea I just heard - WL for me - that's ok - my GPA is below 25% and my LSAT is slightly above 25% - can't complain too much!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 pm

BL2017 wrote:Side note- been very impressed with IU since being accepted. I received a personalized voice mail congratulating me and a IU branded Bluetooth speaker in the mail. Very cool!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was accepted back on the 18th of Dec. I loved the little speaker; it rocks! I also enjoyed my conversation with Dean Canada. Scholly too boot :)

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:18 pm

KoozBall wrote:
Flying in to check IU out on the 24th :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
KoozBall wrote:
Flying in to check IU out on the 24th :)
Awesome, see you there!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:56 pm

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 am

Hey all, checking in! Was admitted to Maurer on Friday last week. It's my first law school acceptance so far! Still waiting to hear back from several other schools, but I'm thinking of going to the admitted students day. Do you guys think it'd be better to go in Feb or March? Also, received a 50% scholarship, but I'd like to negotiate if possible. I hear Maurer is generous with their scholarships. Any ideas of how I should go about doing that?

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:43 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:Hey all, checking in! Was admitted to Maurer on Friday last week. It's my first law school acceptance so far! Still waiting to hear back from several other schools, but I'm thinking of going to the admitted students day. Do you guys think it'd be better to go in Feb or March? Also, received a 50% scholarship, but I'd like to negotiate if possible. I hear Maurer is generous with their scholarships. Any ideas of how I should go about doing that?
Congrats :) I was kinda wondering the same thing, but it seems early for hitting them up for scholarship bumps seeing they just really started admitting people.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”