Howard Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
June1234

New

Re: Howard Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by June1234 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:10 pm

brownbear27 wrote:Did you already submit your FAFSA? If not, then do that asap. If so, then (assuming your credit is fine) you are eligible. The next thing you need to do if you need more than the $20,500 that is automatically granted through federal loans, then you need to apply to the Grad Plus loan (which will cover whatever you need on top of that $20,500 up to the COA to go to Howard). Idk if Howard will email students about this (they should, but their admin is slow to do everything so I'm skeptical). Either way, you can do this on your own without their prompting. Just google "apply for grad plus loan" and the government site will have you link your FAFSA account to your grad plus application, and you can tell it that Howard is where you want your funds to go. Hope that helps!
Thank you! That helps a lot

futurelawstudent121

New

Post by futurelawstudent121 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:37 pm

I was wait listed for Howard on March 28th. I'm trying to remain positive, as this is my top school; however, playing the waiting game is very frustrating. I am constantly checking the application status to see if any movement has happened. Does anyone know of anyone who is wait listed for Howard/ or has been wait listed? What is the best course of action? I also deleted my email containing all wait list information and no longer have access to it so there's that lol.

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

futurelawstudent121 wrote:I was wait listed for Howard on March 28th. I'm trying to remain positive, as this is my top school; however, playing the waiting game is very frustrating. I am constantly checking the application status to see if any movement has happened. Does anyone know of anyone who is wait listed for Howard/ or has been wait listed? What is the best course of action? I also deleted my email containing all wait list information and no longer have access to it so there's that lol.
You should send a Letter of Continued Interest, if you haven't already. There are a lot of resources on how this should look and what it should contain on the internet. Every school is a bit different on how many people they take off the wait list, but don't expect to hear back anytime soon. They won't take from the wait list until they have a final count for seat deposits. The latest deadline for admitted students to send in their deposit was April 30 last I saw, so the earliest you could possibly hear anything I would think is in May.

Good luck!

queenp

New

Post by queenp » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Hey does anyone know if there’s a Facebook page or group message for students who have submitted their deposit?

June1234

New

Post by June1234 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:44 pm

queenp wrote:Hey does anyone know if there’s a Facebook page or group message for students who have submitted their deposit?
I asked last week and they said they will create a Facebook page in the coming weeks....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

queenp

New

Post by queenp » Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 am

So I haven’t gotten any emails since I submitted my deposit and I guess I’m getting paranoid lol Anyone else heard anything? I think I’ll call the school today.

June1234

New

Post by June1234 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:39 am

queenp wrote:So I haven’t gotten any emails since I submitted my deposit and I guess I’m getting paranoid lol Anyone else heard anything? I think I’ll call the school today.
Same here! Let me know what they say when/if you call the

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:29 am

I emailed them last week about further documentation I need. this was their response:

"Thanks for your email. We will send out all pertinent information soon. We have a record-breaking applicant pool this year. Thus, we’re going through and finishing the decisions as quickly as possible so we can all be on the same page."

If you search the internet for reviews on the school, pretty much all of negative comments are about how slow the admin is and the general lack of communication. I've also talked to a couple current students and they were upfront about that too. So, I kind of expected this.

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:36 am

queenp wrote:So I haven’t gotten any emails since I submitted my deposit and I guess I’m getting paranoid lol Anyone else heard anything? I think I’ll call the school today.

Are you nervous bc you don't know whether they received it? They sent me an email the day after the deadline. However, it's also reflected in the status checker as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

photographer143

New

Post by photographer143 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:35 pm

brownbear27 wrote:

Are you nervous bc you don't know whether they received it? They sent me an email the day after the deadline. However, it's also reflected in the status checker as well.
You should have received an email saying your seat deposit was received! That’s the only email I’ve received from them since.

queenp

New

Post by queenp » Sun May 13, 2018 10:17 pm

The status checker did show they received my deposit. I was just making sure I wasn’t out of the loop lol I attended an HBCU for undergrad so I’m already here for the administrative roller coaster. I’m just trying to start getting my living situation sorted out.

June1234

New

Post by June1234 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:26 am

queenp wrote:The status checker did show they received my deposit. I was just making sure I wasn’t out of the loop lol I attended an HBCU for undergrad so I’m already here for the administrative roller coaster. I’m just trying to start getting my living situation sorted out.
Oh cool what HBCU did you attend? I just graduated from Hampton yesterday.

queenp

New

Post by queenp » Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm

June1234 wrote:
queenp wrote:The status checker did show they received my deposit. I was just making sure I wasn’t out of the loop lol I attended an HBCU for undergrad so I’m already here for the administrative roller coaster. I’m just trying to start getting my living situation sorted out.

Congratulations !! I went to Morgan State !

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

June1234

New

Post by June1234 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:51 pm

queenp wrote:
June1234 wrote:

Congratulations !! I went to Morgan State !
Thank you ☺️

UMhopeful21

New

Post by UMhopeful21 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Joining You all at Howard. Just got accepted today.

June1234

New

Post by June1234 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am

UMhopeful21 wrote:Joining You all at Howard. Just got accepted today.
Yay! Congrats :D

S/n: I received an email with my student id so if you guys haven’t already you should soon.

WritersBlock

New

Post by WritersBlock » Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 am

Got my ID number as well! The email with the ID also mentioned that they will be opening the Facebook page soon. :D

Now I just have to find the rest of this money.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sparkles5

New

Post by Sparkles5 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:02 am

Would you mind sharing your stats?

UMhopeful21

New

Post by UMhopeful21 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Sparkles5 wrote:
Sure, but I have to add some context. 152 with a 2.2gpa. However I had a rough patch where I ended up dropping out in the middle of undergrad. Came back 7 years later and got a 3.9 in my final 60 credits (In other words I was more mature). So upward grade trend with extensive work experience I believe worked in my favor. I am on waitlist at UF Law, and will be taking the LSAT in June to try and test off the waitlist (I am currently practice testing at 160). If I get in at UF off the waitlist, I may just stay in-state (Florida) and go there instead of Howard. However, for now Howard Law it is.

Sparkles5

New

Post by Sparkles5 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:52 pm

UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
Sure, but I have to add some context. 152 with a 2.2gpa. However I had a rough patch where I ended up dropping out in the middle of undergrad. Came back 7 years later and got a 3.9 in my final 60 credits (In other words I was more mature). So upward grade trend with extensive work experience I believe worked in my favor. I am on waitlist at UF Law, and will be taking the LSAT in June to try and test off the waitlist (I am currently practice testing at 160). If I get in at UF off the waitlist, I may just stay in-state (Florida) and go there instead of Howard. However, for now Howard Law it is.
good luck! I have a similar story and stats (2.5 gpa, 159 lsat) so fingers crossed I can get off the howard waitlist. I am also waitlisted at Emory. Taking the June LSAT sounds like a great idea... i just... can'tttttt.

UMhopeful21

New

Post by UMhopeful21 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:11 am

Sparkles5 wrote:
UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
good luck! I have a similar story and stats (2.5 gpa, 159 lsat) so fingers crossed I can get off the howard waitlist. I am also waitlisted at Emory. Taking the June LSAT sounds like a great idea... i just... can'tttttt.
I understand. Have you sent loci to Howard? I hate the waitlist. It’s torture.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sparkles5

New

Post by Sparkles5 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 am

UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
I have. I'm also planning to visit soon.
Any idea how many people are on the waitlist, or how many have been accepted off the waitlist in previous years?

UMhopeful21

New

Post by UMhopeful21 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 pm

Sparkles5 wrote:
UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
Any idea how many people are on the waitlist, or how many have been accepted off the waitlist in previous years?
No idea. But when the dean called me they expressed a desire to admit people who really wanted to be there. Is Howard your top choice?

Sparkles5

New

Post by Sparkles5 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
UMhopeful21 wrote:
Sparkles5 wrote:
No idea. But when the dean called me they expressed a desire to admit people who really wanted to be there. Is Howard your top choice?
100% my top choice

UMhopeful21

New

Post by UMhopeful21 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:07 am

good luck! I have a similar story and stats (2.5 gpa, 159 lsat) so fingers crossed I can get off the howard waitlist. I am also waitlisted at Emory. Taking the June LSAT sounds like a great idea... i just... can'tttttt.[/quote]

I understand. Have you sent loci to Howard? I hate the waitlist. It’s torture.[/quote]

Any idea how many people are on the waitlist, or how many have been accepted off the waitlist in previous years?[/quote]

No idea. But when the dean called me they expressed a desire to admit people who really wanted to be there. Is Howard your top choice?[/quote]

100% my top choice[/quote]

Hopefully you’ll get in soon. Tell them to stop playing. They know they love that lsat score of yours.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”