Boston University BU Bound ?s Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sophcap

New

Boston University BU Bound ?s

Post by sophcap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:09 pm

I read last year's forum and there doesn't seem to be much info out there about the BU Bound application (not the distinguished scholar program). I know it's a detriment to apply ED to some schools but a plus to apply ED to others. Anyone have any thoughts about BU? I'm fortunate enough where I can go even if I don't receive any scholarship. BU is by far my top choice, I fell in love after visiting but unfortunately this was after I submitted my app. So, I applied in the regular pool in the interest of getting my app in earlier in the cycle. It's a reach for me - my LSAC GPA is a 3.96 but my LSAT is a 157 (took two times and studied for over a year, so pls no retake pushes, unfortunately standardized testing isn't my strong suit). Any thoughts on if I should email them and change my app to the BU Bound? Don't want to do so if it would be a detriment/make it harder to get in!

WhatEvenIsMyLife

New

Re: Boston University BU Bound ?s

Post by WhatEvenIsMyLife » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Generally Early Decision doesn't boost your chances. This Powerscore post examined the data from a bit ago and found that it doesn't appear to boost your chances at BU specifically, either. I'd stick with Regular Decision! You might have more response in the BU Thread! I applied to their other Early Decision program, so I'm waiting to hear back too. Best of luck!!

sophcap

New

Re: Boston University BU Bound ?s

Post by sophcap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:14 pm

WhatEvenIsMyLife wrote:Generally Early Decision doesn't boost your chances. This Powerscore post examined the data from a bit ago and found that it doesn't appear to boost your chances at BU specifically, either. I'd stick with Regular Decision! You might have more response in the BU Thread! I applied to their other Early Decision program, so I'm waiting to hear back too. Best of luck!!
Thanks for the info! Best of luck to you too!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”