Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rmk28

New

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Post by rmk28 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:49 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:
rmk28 wrote:Just received scholarship info today: $13,000/year. Kinda disappointed considering I'm 165/3.4 and have seen people with similar stats get more than that from OSU. Do you guys think I can leverage a $40,000/year offer from Washington and Lee to negotiate this scholarship?
I got the same offer. 166/3.36 here and way better offers from similarly ranked schools. According to LSN that's pretty standard for OSU, though. I haven't heard anything about how they are with negotiation.
Someone with a 165/3.1 on LSN got $18,500/year

DCKMK13

New

Post by DCKMK13 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 am

sifn32 wrote:I'm a 2l at OSU. Feel free to ask me any questions about my time here! Also, OP, where did you did get the entering LSAT/GPA scores for the class of 2020?
Hey there, do you think you could fill us in on the general student culture at OSU? Also I’m interested in any information on the Columbus area in general, I’ve heard it’s a little sketchy around the campus. Lastly, how was your 1L experience at OSU, what did you like and dislike?

ArthurTimothyRead

New

Post by ArthurTimothyRead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm not applying to OSU for law school, but I pretty much grew up on campus and have spent four years here for undergrad. Let me know if anyone has questions about campus life/Columbus in general :)

Oneanddone?

New

Post by Oneanddone? » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:33 pm

DCKMK13 wrote:
sifn32 wrote:I'm a 2l at OSU. Feel free to ask me any questions about my time here! Also, OP, where did you did get the entering LSAT/GPA scores for the class of 2020?
Hey there, do you think you could fill us in on the general student culture at OSU? Also I’m interested in any information on the Columbus area in general, I’ve heard it’s a little sketchy around the campus. Lastly, how was your 1L experience at OSU, what did you like and dislike?
All I know is that the OSU law grads I’ve met absolutely loved their experience and are super proud of their school. Campus is nice (huge imo) and while nothing’s perfect in an urban environment, I always felt safe there. It also felt wayyy more comfortable and safe than UPenn and Columbia. I’ve only been to campus a few times when traveling for work, so I’m not as familiar as Arthur by any means. But I’ve always enjoyed my time there.
Last edited by Oneanddone? on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catzzzzz14

New

Post by Catzzzzz14 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:31 am

Anyone planning on attending the January or February accepted student days?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dr440913

New

Post by dr440913 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Catzzzzz14 wrote:Anyone planning on attending the January or February accepted student days?
I'm attending a student-led tour and class on February 9th.

_aj86

New

Post by _aj86 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Just got accepted! Yay!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:14 pm

_aj86 wrote:Just got accepted! Yay!
Awesome and congrats! Did you receive scholly info, or do they make you wait for snail mail? Been in review since 1/2, which is appears that they are just getting around to making decisions about applicants in that temporal frame.

greenheels11

New

Post by greenheels11 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 pm

I just got in today!! UR 01/04. Email said scholly info will come sometime within the next 3 weeks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dr440913

New

Post by dr440913 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:05 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
_aj86 wrote:Just got accepted! Yay!
Awesome and congrats! Did you receive scholly info, or do they make you wait for snail mail? Been in review since 1/2, which is appears that they are just getting around to making decisions about applicants in that temporal frame.
They emailed me my scholarship info about 3 weeks after I got accepted!

Markjatwater

New

Post by Markjatwater » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:08 am

Accepted today!!! 157/3.85. UR 12/27, decision via email

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Is anyone else getting an email from OSU Law regarding alternative dispute resolution and programs?? I was thinking it was some sort of decision... but no...

hinton2014

New

Post by hinton2014 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm

NukinFutz wrote:Is anyone else getting an email from OSU Law regarding alternative dispute resolution and programs?? I was thinking it was some sort of decision... but no...
freaking same. Been UR since 12/28. Very frustrating,

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:51 pm

hinton2014 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:Is anyone else getting an email from OSU Law regarding alternative dispute resolution and programs?? I was thinking it was some sort of decision... but no...
freaking same. Been UR since 12/28. Very frustrating,
Killing me! They sent it to both of my email account they have from my app too. Then I get a ridiculous "Happy New Year" email from Emory, who has had my app for nearly three months, saying wait longer essentially. Then an hour later I get a call from Virginia - where I know absolutely no one but do have an app pending at UVA - and it is a freaking telemarketing service..... My fucking god, how torturous is this day been?

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Got it once, thought it was my decision, got sad when it wasn't. 20 mins later got another email from OSU, got excited cause surely this time its my decision, nope same freaking ADR email. UGH

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 pm

A general question for those that have been admitted: did any of you apply for the Mortiz Merit Scholarship in Law? I'm curious if OSU holds making a decision on your admission until they have gotten through their process of determining who is a candidate for the scholarship (their website says they essentially thin the heard by Feb. 1st)? Or do they admit you regardless and you just hear back later regarding the scholarship? If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I have been UR since 1/2. Statistically I should be a likely admit. But I am wondering if I'm not going to hear back until there is more movement on the Moritz Merit Scholarship. Thanks!

hinton2014

New

Post by hinton2014 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:26 am

NukinFutz wrote:A general question for those that have been admitted: did any of you apply for the Mortiz Merit Scholarship in Law? I'm curious if OSU holds making a decision on your admission until they have gotten through their process of determining who is a candidate for the scholarship (their website says they essentially thin the heard by Feb. 1st)? Or do they admit you regardless and you just hear back later regarding the scholarship? If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I have been UR since 1/2. Statistically I should be a likely admit. But I am wondering if I'm not going to hear back until there is more movement on the Moritz Merit Scholarship. Thanks!

This is a great question. Statistically, I should also be an likely admit. However, I also am still UR, since 12/28, but also applies for the Moritz

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AKQ2017

New

Post by AKQ2017 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Anybody have any luck with negotiating scholarships? I have some better offers from higher ranked schools and want to see if anyone has had any success.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:07 pm

hinton2014 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:A general question for those that have been admitted: did any of you apply for the Mortiz Merit Scholarship in Law? I'm curious if OSU holds making a decision on your admission until they have gotten through their process of determining who is a candidate for the scholarship (their website says they essentially thin the heard by Feb. 1st)? Or do they admit you regardless and you just hear back later regarding the scholarship? If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I have been UR since 1/2. Statistically I should be a likely admit. But I am wondering if I'm not going to hear back until there is more movement on the Moritz Merit Scholarship. Thanks!

This is a great question. Statistically, I should also be an likely admit. However, I also am still UR, since 12/28, but also applies for the Moritz
I have received an answer to my question, and by extension, yours as well Hinton:

"Your Moritz Merit Scholarship application is complete and awaiting review. In the interim, you may receive another scholarship award. This does not preclude the award being replaced by the Moritz Merit Scholarship."

hinton2014

New

Post by hinton2014 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:31 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:

I have received an answer to my question, and by extension, yours as well Hinton:

"Your Moritz Merit Scholarship application is complete and awaiting review. In the interim, you may receive another scholarship award. This does not preclude the award being replaced by the Moritz Merit Scholarship."
Yeah, I received that email in early January! I actually just got my acceptance email 30 min ago!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:39 pm

hinton2014 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
hinton2014 wrote:

Yeah, I received that email in early January! I actually just got my acceptance email 30 min ago!
Oh! Awesome! Congratulations :) When did you go into review?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AMax1

New

Post by AMax1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 am

Does anyone know if Moritz negotiates scholarship amounts? I received a good offer from Ohio State and it is where I want to go, but I received an even better offer from Illinois and Case Western

ohladcsc

New

Post by ohladcsc » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:36 pm

For those asking about negotiation, I sent a negotiation email today with much better offers from Wisconsin, Florida, Wake and William & Mary and within an hour they sent back an email saying "no, but consider all the reasons we're better than them anyways and we still think you should come here even though it's going to cost you way more." Very frustrating and disappointing as I would have sent in my deposit today if they would have given me at least $20,000 more.

BigTex1980

New

Post by BigTex1980 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm

ohladcsc wrote:For those asking about negotiation, I sent a negotiation email today with much better offers from Wisconsin, Florida, Wake and William & Mary and within an hour they sent back an email saying "no, but consider all the reasons we're better than them anyways and we still think you should come here even though it's going to cost you way more." Very frustrating and disappointing as I would have sent in my deposit today if they would have given me at least $20,000 more.
You didn't mean to put that in quotes, right? they didn't actually say THAT, did they?

ohladcsc

New

Post by ohladcsc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:53 pm

BigTex1980 wrote:
ohladcsc wrote:For those asking about negotiation, I sent a negotiation email today with much better offers from Wisconsin, Florida, Wake and William & Mary and within an hour they sent back an email saying "no, but consider all the reasons we're better than them anyways and we still think you should come here even though it's going to cost you way more." Very frustrating and disappointing as I would have sent in my deposit today if they would have given me at least $20,000 more.
You didn't mean to put that in quotes, right? they didn't actually say THAT, did they?
Not those exact words, no, but that was the overall gist of the response. I suppose in that sense the quotes were misused, apologies.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”