Minnesota c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
reesewithoutherspoon

Re: Minnesota c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Admitted via phone call this AM - submitted 11/25. First acceptance of the cycle!

Edit: Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed on the status checker is total or annual?

mistakepluskeleven

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

reesewithoutherspoon wrote:Admitted via phone call this AM - submitted 11/25. First acceptance of the cycle!

Edit: Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed on the status checker is total or annual?

Same here. I hope to god annual (but I doubt it). They'd want to play up how much it is and would probably lump it all together

Edit: Is yours labeled "Dean's Distinguished"??

reesewithoutherspoon

Postby reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
reesewithoutherspoon wrote:Admitted via phone call this AM - submitted 11/25. First acceptance of the cycle!

Same here. I hope to god annual (but I doubt it). They'd want to play up how much it is and would probably lump it all together

Mine is labeled "Academic Excellence".... I am trying not to get my hopes up, but comparing my stats with others on LSN, the offer as a total amount would be pretty low, so I am not sure what to think.

mistakepluskeleven

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm

reesewithoutherspoon wrote:

Mine is labeled "Academic Excellence".... I am trying not to get my hopes up, but comparing my stats with others on LSN, the offer as a total amount would be pretty low, so I am not sure what to think.

Just checked LSN and I think you may be right. People with similar numbers to me are getting much bigger offers. Fingers crossed for annual! It should be more clear when we receive our offer letter

reesewithoutherspoon

Postby reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Just checked LSN and I think you may be right. People with similar numbers to me are getting much bigger offers. Fingers crossed for annual! It should be more clear when we receive our offer letter

Update: couldn't resist, so I called and asked the admissions office. The amount listed in the status checker is annual!

mistakepluskeleven

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Update: couldn't resist, so I called and asked the admissions office. The amount listed in the status checker is annual!

Hallelujah!! Thanks for checking :D

Vianco

Postby Vianco » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 pm

UMN undergrad, not applying this cycle though I indicated I was on LSAC. Unsolicited fee waiver a couple of days ago.

BL2017

Postby BL2017 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

Just received my scholarship via status checker. It wasn't listed there last week when it appeared for others. Big money, makes Minnesota a serious contender for me.

Revelator 12

Postby Revelator 12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm

BL2017 wrote:Just received my scholarship via status checker. It wasn't listed there last week when it appeared for others. Big money, makes Minnesota a serious contender for me.

Same here. I'm from MN and did undergrad there. I wish the school was just a BIT better but the $$$ could turn me yet. The Twin Cities are such a great place to live.

BL2017

Postby BL2017 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Revelator 12 wrote:
BL2017 wrote:Just received my scholarship via status checker. It wasn't listed there last week when it appeared for others. Big money, makes Minnesota a serious contender for me.

Same here. I'm from MN and did undergrad there. I wish the school was just a BIT better but the $$$ could turn me yet. The Twin Cities are such a great place to live.

I agree. If I don't get into the T14, UMN would be hard to turn down absent a large scholarship from another school. I'm definitely going to ASW. I visited Minneapolis this summer and loved it but didn't get to check out campus. You trying to go out of state?

Revelator 12

Postby Revelator 12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm

BL2017 wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:

I agree. If I don't get into the T14, UMN would be hard to turn down absent a large scholarship from another school. I'm definitely going to ASW. I visited Minneapolis this summer and loved it but didn't get to check out campus. You trying to go out of state?

I'm not sure. I've lived in DC for the past three years and am just trying to keep my options open right now.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”