Minnesota c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
reesewithoutherspoon

New

Re: Minnesota c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Admitted via phone call this AM - submitted 11/25. First acceptance of the cycle!

Edit: Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed on the status checker is total or annual?

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

reesewithoutherspoon wrote:Admitted via phone call this AM - submitted 11/25. First acceptance of the cycle!

Edit: Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed on the status checker is total or annual?
Same here. I hope to god annual (but I doubt it). They'd want to play up how much it is and would probably lump it all together

Edit: Is yours labeled "Dean's Distinguished"??

reesewithoutherspoon

New

Post by reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
reesewithoutherspoon wrote:Admitted via phone call this AM - submitted 11/25. First acceptance of the cycle!

Same here. I hope to god annual (but I doubt it). They'd want to play up how much it is and would probably lump it all together

Mine is labeled "Academic Excellence".... I am trying not to get my hopes up, but comparing my stats with others on LSN, the offer as a total amount would be pretty low, so I am not sure what to think.

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm

reesewithoutherspoon wrote:

Mine is labeled "Academic Excellence".... I am trying not to get my hopes up, but comparing my stats with others on LSN, the offer as a total amount would be pretty low, so I am not sure what to think.
Just checked LSN and I think you may be right. People with similar numbers to me are getting much bigger offers. Fingers crossed for annual! It should be more clear when we receive our offer letter

reesewithoutherspoon

New

Post by reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Just checked LSN and I think you may be right. People with similar numbers to me are getting much bigger offers. Fingers crossed for annual! It should be more clear when we receive our offer letter
Update: couldn't resist, so I called and asked the admissions office. The amount listed in the status checker is annual!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Update: couldn't resist, so I called and asked the admissions office. The amount listed in the status checker is annual!
Hallelujah!! Thanks for checking :D

Vianco

New

Post by Vianco » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 pm

UMN undergrad, not applying this cycle though I indicated I was on LSAC. Unsolicited fee waiver a couple of days ago.

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

Just received my scholarship via status checker. It wasn't listed there last week when it appeared for others. Big money, makes Minnesota a serious contender for me.

Revelator 12

New

Post by Revelator 12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm

BL2017 wrote:Just received my scholarship via status checker. It wasn't listed there last week when it appeared for others. Big money, makes Minnesota a serious contender for me.
Same here. I'm from MN and did undergrad there. I wish the school was just a BIT better but the $$$ could turn me yet. The Twin Cities are such a great place to live.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Revelator 12 wrote:
BL2017 wrote:Just received my scholarship via status checker. It wasn't listed there last week when it appeared for others. Big money, makes Minnesota a serious contender for me.
Same here. I'm from MN and did undergrad there. I wish the school was just a BIT better but the $$$ could turn me yet. The Twin Cities are such a great place to live.
I agree. If I don't get into the T14, UMN would be hard to turn down absent a large scholarship from another school. I'm definitely going to ASW. I visited Minneapolis this summer and loved it but didn't get to check out campus. You trying to go out of state?

Revelator 12

New

Post by Revelator 12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm

BL2017 wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
I agree. If I don't get into the T14, UMN would be hard to turn down absent a large scholarship from another school. I'm definitely going to ASW. I visited Minneapolis this summer and loved it but didn't get to check out campus. You trying to go out of state?
I'm not sure. I've lived in DC for the past three years and am just trying to keep my options open right now.

ChiaOut

New

Post by ChiaOut » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:33 pm

JUST got the call. I am IN!!!! Applied Early November!!!!!

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:30 am

Just submitted, and then made the mistake of looking up the current weather in Minneapolis. I went to school in Wisconsin, but have lived in the south for a few years so I might need to re-acclimate.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ChiaOut

New

Post by ChiaOut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:59 pm

vikingrunner wrote:Just submitted, and then made the mistake of looking up the current weather in Minneapolis. I went to school in Wisconsin, but have lived in the south for a few years so I might need to re-acclimate.

I have lived in the South my whole life. I did not realize Minnesota was so close to Canada. It's going to be an interesting Winter -__-

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Any movement since the holidays? I see when the status tracker says "this process may take up to 8 weeks," they hold to that. 8 weeks on Wednesday...

hcw1995

New

Post by hcw1995 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any movement since the holidays? I see when the status tracker says "this process may take up to 8 weeks," they hold to that. 8 weeks on Wednesday...
Don't see anything from anyone. Above both 75s, sub early November... lots of apps this cycle i'm thinking

ChiaOut

New

Post by ChiaOut » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:39 pm

hcw1995 wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any movement since the holidays? I see when the status tracker says "this process may take up to 8 weeks," they hold to that. 8 weeks on Wednesday...
Don't see anything from anyone. Above both 75s, sub early November... lots of apps this cycle i'm thinking
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not hear back until the 8th week. Which was right around Christmas I applied around October. I would not count the past 2 weeks as part of your 8 weeks. They were closed for majority of it so add 2 more weeks from your complete date. Good luck!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am

ChiaOut wrote:
hcw1995 wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not hear back until the 8th week. Which was right around Christmas I applied around October. I would not count the past 2 weeks as part of your 8 weeks. They were closed for majority of it so add 2 more weeks from your complete date. Good luck!!!
That is totally fair and something, bizarrely, that I never even contemplated.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Waitlisted as of today. Damn. :(

PourOverGin

New

Post by PourOverGin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Through compulsively checking my status online, I saw I was admitted today! No phone call or email yet, but I'm excited. MN is my top choice and it's nice to just have the ambiguity removed.

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 pm

PourOverGin wrote:Through compulsively checking my status online, I saw I was admitted today! No phone call or email yet, but I'm excited. MN is my top choice and it's nice to just have the ambiguity removed.
Congrats!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

PourOverGin wrote:Through compulsively checking my status online, I saw I was admitted today! No phone call or email yet, but I'm excited. MN is my top choice and it's nice to just have the ambiguity removed.
Congrats! When did you submit?

PourOverGin

New

Post by PourOverGin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:01 pm

ocw96 wrote:
Congrats! When did you submit?
Submitted 12/22, Under Review 1/08, Accepted 1/18.

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm

First time checking in. Accepted on November 21. Small but personally meaningful scholarship. I'll be at UMN in the fall!

Little bit of fun background. I'm from the South and have no substantial connection to the state. But I love the school. I applied as a freshman just to see if I could get in. Didn't think I would and didn't audition for the music school (my major), so I didn't go. But I fully planned on applying again and auditioning as a transfer. I did, and went up to UMN to audition for the sax professor, Eugene Rousseau. He accepted me and I was so thrilled, but then he announced his retirement. At the time I had just started thinking about law school, and I sort of ran into Walter Mondale Hall as I was looking for the music school. It's beyond words how excited I am to be returning for admitted students weekend.

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:28 pm

olemiss18 wrote:First time checking in. Accepted on November 21. Small but personally meaningful scholarship. I'll be at UMN in the fall!

Little bit of fun background. I'm from the South and have no substantial connection to the state. But I love the school. I applied as a freshman just to see if I could get in. Didn't think I would and didn't audition for the music school (my major), so I didn't go. But I fully planned on applying again and auditioning as a transfer. I did, and went up to UMN to audition for the sax professor, Eugene Rousseau. He accepted me and I was so thrilled, but then he announced his retirement. At the time I had just started thinking about law school, and I sort of ran into Walter Mondale Hall as I was looking for the music school. It's beyond words how excited I am to be returning for admitted students weekend.
That's a great story. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”