Emory c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ocw96

New

Re: Emory c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by ocw96 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:I submitted around mid Dec but had my app held for Dec scores. No admission package yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Same. And I'm local.
I submitted right after December scores and haven't heard yet, which is kind of surprising because most people with my stats have. Did either of you apply for Woodruff?

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
ocw96 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:I submitted around mid Dec but had my app held for Dec scores. No admission package yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Same. And I'm local.
I submitted right after December scores and haven't heard yet, which is kind of surprising because most people with my stats have. Did either of you apply for Woodruff?
I didn’t.
I believe I did and a recommendation letter sent. I don't know the process for Emory, however.

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
ocw96 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
Same. And I'm local.
I didn’t.
I believe I did and a recommendation letter sent. I don't know the process for Emory, however.
One thing that has happened in past years is that some people who apply for the Woodruff take longer to hear back for whatever reason. It was discussed in the thread from 2016. That cycle, many Woodruff applicants heard back in mid-February.

nina2018

New

Post by nina2018 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

ocw96 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
ocw96 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
Same. And I'm local.
I didn’t.
One thing that has happened in past years is that some people who apply for the Woodruff take longer to hear back for whatever reason. It was discussed in the thread from 2016. That cycle, many Woodruff applicants heard back in mid-February.
So I noted on my initial app that I intended to apply for Woodruff and got accepted with a scholly this week anyway (despite my nom letter not having been submitted). Not sure if y'all already have letters submitted but just a heads up that they will make a decision with or without your nom letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Good info, thanks all!

CADM1UM

New

Post by CADM1UM » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:21 pm

asking again but does anyone know if Emory still doesn't do scholarship negotiation?

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm

CADM1UM wrote:asking again but does anyone know if Emory still doesn't do scholarship negotiation?
It is rare (I was able to last cycle but under weird-ish circumstances - PM me for more specifics). For a lot of candidates, Emory's scholarship offer is going to be quite a bit higher than its peer institutions. That being said, if you're in a strong position to negotiate it's always worth a try.

usersomethingname

New

Post by usersomethingname » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 pm

CADM1UM wrote:asking again but does anyone know if Emory still doesn't do scholarship negotiation?
If they don't explicitly tell you not to (like Vanderbilt does) then you have the liberty to tactfully negotiate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Is anyone else not able to access the Opus site? When I try to obtain network ID and password, it tells me that "We do not have an Emory Network ID registered for exactly one person with a birthday of _______ and a social security number of ___________". Is this happening for anyone else? I submitted right before Christmas, and haven't yet been admitted.

reedm

New

Post by reedm » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 pm

ocw96 wrote:Is anyone else not able to access the Opus site? When I try to obtain network ID and password, it tells me that "We do not have an Emory Network ID registered for exactly one person with a birthday of _______ and a social security number of ___________". Is this happening for anyone else? I submitted right before Christmas, and haven't yet been admitted.
I was admitted 1/16 and have been getting the same message

els18

New

Post by els18 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:50 pm

reedm wrote:
ocw96 wrote:Is anyone else not able to access the Opus site? When I try to obtain network ID and password, it tells me that "We do not have an Emory Network ID registered for exactly one person with a birthday of _______ and a social security number of ___________". Is this happening for anyone else? I submitted right before Christmas, and haven't yet been admitted.
I am a current 3L at Emory and I work in the admission office and I can promise that there is not going to be any information on an Opus account for you regarding your admission decision or your application until AFTER you have been accepted. The university uses Opus for their undergraduate application process, but the law school doesn't use it for that and a status or decision will not be exist in that system. Once you are accepted, I don't think you use Opus for anything until you are ready to put down a deposit

legallyblonde2021

New

Post by legallyblonde2021 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Accepted today via mail! Can’t wait to visit!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alhookem2020

New

Post by alhookem2020 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:06 pm

legallyblonde2021 wrote:Accepted today via mail! Can’t wait to visit!
Mind sharing or messaging your stats? Congrats!

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:07 pm

els18 wrote:
reedm wrote:
I am a current 3L at Emory and I work in the admission office and I can promise that there is not going to be any information on an Opus account for you regarding your admission decision or your application until AFTER you have been accepted. The university uses Opus for their undergraduate application process, but the law school doesn't use it for that and a status or decision will not be exist in that system. Once you are accepted, I don't think you use Opus for anything until you are ready to put down a deposit
Oh okay, thanks so much for the insight!

StephArizona

New

Post by StephArizona » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 pm

For those that have asked about Woodruff and already being accepted, here is my experience.

I submitted in December and was accepted 1/16 by mail (USPS), with a scholarship.

My boss was able to submit my Woodruff letter yesterday. I received an email confirming that my nomination had been received and uploaded to my file prior to the deadline late today.

Fingers crossed! Good luck to all other nominees as well.
Last edited by StephArizona on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanbodonovan

New

Post by seanbodonovan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm

StephArizona wrote:For those that have asked about Woodruff and already brig accepted, here is my experience.

I submitted in December and was accepted 1/16 by mail (USPS), with a scholarship.

My boss was able to submit my Woodruff letter yesterday. I received an email confirming that my nomination had been received and uploaded to my file prior to the deadline late today.

Okay, hopefully I’ll be getting that email tomorrow. My boss submitted mine today. I was also accepted on 1/16 with a scholarship. I’m hoping that being so close to the deadline doesn’t start us from behind.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:41 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:
StephArizona wrote:For those that have asked about Woodruff and already brig accepted, here is my experience.

Okay, hopefully I’ll be getting that email tomorrow. My boss submitted mine today. I was also accepted on 1/16 with a scholarship. I’m hoping that being so close to the deadline doesn’t start us from behind.
Just to chime in here, I also got this confirmation email on Sunday!

FN-2187

Bronze

Post by FN-2187 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Does Emory also send WL/Dings through FedEx/USPS?
Last edited by FN-2187 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:34 am

FN-2187 wrote:Does Emory also send WL/Dings through FedEx/USPS?
In past years they have sent WL/ding via email I believe.

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Don't you scare me with those 24 days late "Happy New Year/Sit Tight/We're Really Busy And We'll Get To Your Application...We Promise" emails, Emory.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:36 pm

vikingrunner wrote:Don't you scare me with those 24 days late "Happy New Year/Sit Tight/We're Really Busy And We'll Get To Your Application...We Promise" emails, Emory.
My favorite part of the email was the "scholarship opportunities" where it linked to a religious scholarship that I'm pretty sure no one in law school is qualified to apply for.

SailorMars

New

Post by SailorMars » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:36 pm

vikingrunner wrote:Don't you scare me with those 24 days late "Happy New Year/Sit Tight/We're Really Busy And We'll Get To Your Application...We Promise" emails, Emory.
My heart stopped because I thought I was about to get accepted/rejected/WL. Nope!

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:36 pm

+1. The worst part about getting this email is that it implies that they still have yet to make a decision, ergo the hopes of something coming in the mail over the next few days goes poof.

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Zero Hedge wrote:
+1. The worst part about getting this email is that it implies that they still have yet to make a decision, ergo the hopes of something coming in the mail over the next few days goes poof.
I know, that email was ridiculously annoying...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”