Emory c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GotLost

New

Re: Emory c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by GotLost » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm

ocw96 wrote:
GotLost wrote:In with a 117,000 scholarship and a personal note.
Congrats! Did you get the mail today?
Yesterday

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Congrats to all of you who have gotten in so far. To those who are still waiting, hang tight - there's still a lot of time left in the admissions cycle. As some of you start looking towards making a decision, feel free to ask me any questions that you have (I'm a 1L) - you can PM me or post on here, but if you post on here please quote me so I get a notification.

I'd also like to encourage you to attend Visiting Day, which is the first weekend in April. Emory's Visiting Day is phenomenal - there are a lot of people in my class who came to Visiting Day with their hearts set on other schools (including me) but left Visiting Day absolutely in love with this place. A few student orgs will be planning special events before and during Visiting Day (we've been planning things since December and we're pumped to have y'all come out) so check those out as well.

flyingbirdy

New

Post by flyingbirdy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm

EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hi, this is Ethan Rosenzweig, dean of admission, financial aid, and student life at Emory Law. I appreciate your indulging my posts from time-to-time. As many have posted, our first wave of admission letters are in the mail. This is my favorite time of the year, and I wanted to update everyone on our process:

Application Submissions: We started making admission and scholarship decisions earlier this month, and I encourage folks to begin getting their applications in so that we can make sure everyone has full opportunity for the maximum financial aid. We do accept the February LSAT, but ask that you submit your application before the scores are released so we can begin preparing your file before our March 1 priority submission deadline.

Decision Notification: We send admission decisions in multiple waves; I anticipate the next set to go out by the end of January. We will continue to send acceptance letters through at least April. We communicate decisions via U.S. Mail, Fedex, and for international applicants (except Canada) via email. Emory’s OPUS portal will not contain admission decisions for law school applicants.

That is all I have for now. Thanks for making my job so fulfilling. I do hope to read your application soon. If you have any questions or need anything, just give me a shout via jdadmisison(a)emory.edu.
Thanks for reaching out to everyone in the thread here! Two quick questions, will Canadians like myself be receiving our decisions (if we get accepted) via Fedex or UPS? Also, can we expect the same timeline for receiving decisions as US applicants?

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi! Checking in!

I received an e-mail on 01/06 stating that they had received my application and would send me an e-mail shortly if it was complete to let me know it was under review.

After that, I haven't heard back. I know for a fact that my application was complete. Anyone with the same problem?

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:Hi! Checking in!

I received an e-mail on 01/06 stating that they had received my application and would send me an e-mail shortly if it was complete to let me know it was under review.

After that, I haven't heard back. I know for a fact that my application was complete. Anyone with the same problem?
I think that's their standard email for receiving apps. I got that email on 1/2 and a day later received an email saying my app was complete. Is there any reason to believe that they could still be waiting on your transcripts or LORs from LSAC? You seem to be between the "received" and "complete" stages.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Zero Hedge wrote:

I think that's their standard email for receiving apps. I got that email on 1/2 and a day later received an email saying my app was complete. Is there any reason to believe that they could still be waiting on your transcripts or LORs from LSAC? You seem to be between the "received" and "complete" stages.
I actually started completing my application in November, however my LORs arrived later on 11/21 and 12/19. But I have checked with LSAC and it seems like they sent everything to them. This is the only university in which this has happened. All others are already complete/in review (and were sent later, late December-early January). I'm feeling tempted to send an e-mail to admissions asking about it.

els18

New

Post by els18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:56 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

I actually started completing my application in November, however my LORs arrived later on 11/21 and 12/19. But I have checked with LSAC and it seems like they sent everything to them. This is the only university in which this has happened. All others are already complete/in review (and were sent later, late December-early January). I'm feeling tempted to send an e-mail to admissions asking about it.
Hello! I am a current 3L at Emory and I work in the admission office. The "application complete" email may have gone to the junk folder of your email (it happens a lot!), so I would check there. You are also welcome to call the office and someone can check on the status of your application for you. The school is closed today and tomorrow for weather, but I would try giving a call on Friday.

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

els18 wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

Hello! I am a current 3L at Emory and I work in the admission office. The "application complete" email may have gone to the junk folder of your email (it happens a lot!), so I would check there. You are also welcome to call the office and someone can check on the status of your application for you. The school is closed today and tomorrow for weather, but I would try giving a call on Friday.
Thank you! I have checked my junk folder and it is not there. I have sent an e-mail to jdadmission@emory.edu explaining the situation and providing my full name and LSAC Account No. I hope that will work, but I will try to call on Friday to just to make sure everything is fine.

par283

New

Post by par283 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Yay! In with 111K. Emory's jumped to the top of my list with the awesome scholarship money!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

usersomethingname

New

Post by usersomethingname » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 am

Hollidae wrote:Happy to see all these acceptances but dang I'm feeling discouraged. Looks like their only taking the people above their median lsat this first round. I'm somewhere in between the 25 and the median percentile or so. Sigh. Here's to a long wait....
Last edited by usersomethingname on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hollidae

New

Post by Hollidae » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 am

usersomethingname wrote:
Hollidae wrote:Happy to see all these acceptances but dang I'm feeling discouraged. Looks like their only taking the people above their median lsat this first round. I'm somewhere in between the 25 and the median percentile or so. Sigh. Here's to a long wait....
not true.. I'm a super reverse splitter
Really? Stats if you don't mind?

nina2018

New

Post by nina2018 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Uh question. If I've already been admitted with a fat scholly, is it too late to submit a nom for Woodruff?

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze

Post by MonicaYoung_LOL » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 pm

nina2018 wrote:Uh question. If I've already been admitted with a fat scholly, is it too late to submit a nom for Woodruff?
I believe the Woodruff deadline is 1/25, so go for it!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wolfonlawstreet

Bronze

Post by wolfonlawstreet » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Came home to a big envelope containing my admittance and scholarship! :)
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

nina2018

New

Post by nina2018 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:06 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
nina2018 wrote:Uh question. If I've already been admitted with a fat scholly, is it too late to submit a nom for Woodruff?
thank you!!

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze

Post by MonicaYoung_LOL » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:06 pm

nina2018 wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
thank you!!
No problem! Best of luck! :)

CADM1UM

New

Post by CADM1UM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 am

Does anyone know if Emory's refusal to negotiate scholarships is a policy that is still in effect?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:03 pm

els18 wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

Thank you for your help, els18! I called today and the admissions staff checked my status for me and said that the file is complete and I have possibly not received an e-mail yet because of the school being closed for these past two days. I feel much better now!
Last edited by gabylsatprep18 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

alhookem2020

New

Post by alhookem2020 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:24 pm

For those of you who received an acceptance package, did it ship from Atlanta? Tracking my mail online lol

surfingwithgators

New

Post by surfingwithgators » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:28 pm

alhookem2020 wrote:For those of you who received an acceptance package, did it ship from Atlanta? Tracking my mail online lol
Yes

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fastfretxfingers

New

Post by fastfretxfingers » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm

My LSAT score is a 164. It's a total heartbreaker seeing admission letters going out for only 165 and above. :(

Hollidae

New

Post by Hollidae » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 pm

fastfretxfingers wrote:My LSAT score is a 164. It's a total heartbreaker seeing admission letters going out for only 165 and above. :(
If you look above, there's a reverse splitter who says that's not the case because he got his acceptance. I live an hour up the road from ATL and they got a bad snowstorm (bad for us southerners who don't get snow). Here's to hoping the weather has delayed my acceptance.
Last edited by Hollidae on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

els18

New

Post by els18 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm

gabylsatprep18 wrote:
els18 wrote:
gabylsatprep18 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

Thank you for your help, els18! I called today and the admissions staff checked my status for me and said that the file is complete and I have possibly not received an e-mail yet because of the school being closed for this past two days. I feel much better now!
Glad you got it all figured out! Good luck!

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm

littlewing67 wrote:I submitted around mid Dec but had my app held for Dec scores. No admission package yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Same. And I'm local.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”