UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KPUSN07

Bronze

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm

fl114 wrote:Got waitlisted today, applied in late February.
HOLD or WAITLIST?

fl114

New

Post by fl114 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
HOLD or WAITLIST?
Waitlist, took 24 hours for me to change from hold to waitlist

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 am

fl114 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:
HOLD or WAITLIST?
Waitlist, took 24 hours for me to change from hold to waitlist
Wow... ok sorry to hear that... I only ask b/c myself and I'm sure others have been on HOLD since October (I remain on HOLD).

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 am

I don't quite feel y'alls pains, got put on hold 3/1. Feb LSAT was a good turnout though, so hoping to have some positive response from UF sometime soon-is...jk who am I kidding it'll be 2 months :D

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:45 am

Hey guys. I know I'm pretty late in the game. I just submitted my application a couple of days ago. Any idea what the timeline is for applications sent in March?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:Hey guys. I know I'm pretty late in the game. I just submitted my application a couple of days ago. Any idea what the timeline is for applications sent in March?
To be honest I think it doesn’t really matter being late in the game for UF and FSU this year. They seem to be putting anyone with average stats on hold until they get presumably everyone with feb LSAT scores’ applications in. So i really wouldn’t be shocked if you heard back the same time as the rest of us. Which, to be honest, none of us really have any idea when that will be either lol. I’m hoping soon now that Feb scores have been released and they’ll be going through all of those

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:16 pm

kw25 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:Hey guys. I know I'm pretty late in the game. I just submitted my application a couple of days ago. Any idea what the timeline is for applications sent in March?
To be honest I think it doesn’t really matter being late in the game for UF and FSU this year. They seem to be putting anyone with average stats on hold until they get presumably everyone with feb LSAT scores’ applications in. So i really wouldn’t be shocked if you heard back the same time as the rest of us. Which, to be honest, none of us really have any idea when that will be either lol. I’m hoping soon now that Feb scores have been released and they’ll be going through all of those
Thanks! I needed to retake the LSAT in February, so I couldn't apply until I got that score back. I'm a super impatient person lol. Here's hoping we find out soon.

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am

So I know we've all been struggling and dying over the wait... But it's getting so late in the game now. Seat deposits are due at other schools, some as early as the first week of April. I really don't know what to do at this point, because UF is my first choice but I might not even get in. I'm thinking I might end up having to put a deposit down at another school and just eat it if I get accepted at UF. Anyone else been thinking about this? What's your game plan?

Smalltowngal

New

Post by Smalltowngal » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 pm

I was waitlisted a few weeks ago. Roughly median LSAT and high GPA. How much movement typically is there on the waitlist?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Smalltowngal wrote:I was waitlisted a few weeks ago. Roughly median LSAT and high GPA. How much movement typically is there on the waitlist?
That is really strange because I haven't seen or heard of many waitlists at all. Almost everyone seems to be on hold at the moment.

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:51 pm

kw25 wrote:So I know we've all been struggling and dying over the wait... But it's getting so late in the game now. Seat deposits are due at other schools, some as early as the first week of April. I really don't know what to do at this point, because UF is my first choice but I might not even get in. I'm thinking I might end up having to put a deposit down at another school and just eat it if I get accepted at UF. Anyone else been thinking about this? What's your game plan?
In the same boat as you. I've been on hold since October, though I did notify them I was retaking my LSAT. My number was slightly above their 25th. However, I had a family emergency come up and was not able to retake like I thought. I notified UF, asked them to evaluate my app as it stands. I am still on hold. I put my seat deposit down somewhere else, because like you, I know the deadlines are coming soon and I'm just not prepared to hold out for a school that could go either way when I already have a guaranteed "yes" elsewhere. I hope UF comes through, and if they do, I will just lose my seat deposit at the school I've committed to. I'm not holding my breath, though!

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:32 am

Being on hold for 6 monthsish - is that looking like a rejection?

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:08 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:Being on hold for 6 monthsish - is that looking like a rejection?
I really don’t think there’s a way to tell. They haven’t flat out rejected literally anyone yet. Everyone’s either hold or waitlist. they probably just haven’t gone back over the holds yet. I think if you’re on hold vs. waitlist you’re probably in better shape honestly.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:45 am

Went under review this morning :shock:

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:Went under review this morning :shock:
Good luck

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:12 pm

kw25 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:Went under review this morning :shock:
Good luck
Back at you!

Ufla12

New

Post by Ufla12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 pm

So my status has been “Application Under Review” for about six weeks now... is that still a pretty standard time frame for them to be evaluating my application? I’m not on hold because my status hasn’t changed at all so does anyone have thoughts/opinions about this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 am

Ufla12 wrote:So my status has been “Application Under Review” for about six weeks now... is that still a pretty standard time frame for them to be evaluating my application? I’m not on hold because my status hasn’t changed at all so does anyone have thoughts/opinions about this?
Mine was under review for a while before it went to hold. Not sure exactly how long. I don’t think it was 6 weeks but then again I can’t eeally remember. I submitted my app on 1/31 so it couldn’t have been THAT long. Wish I could be more helpful, sorry

Ufla12

New

Post by Ufla12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:02 am

kw25 wrote:
Ufla12 wrote:So my status has been “Application Under Review” for about six weeks now... is that still a pretty standard time frame for them to be evaluating my application? I’m not on hold because my status hasn’t changed at all so does anyone have thoughts/opinions about this?
Mine was under review for a while before it went to hold. Not sure exactly how long. I don’t think it was 6 weeks but then again I can’t eeally remember. I submitted my app on 1/31 so it couldn’t have been THAT long. Wish I could be more helpful, sorry
No it's ok and thanks for responding. I just didn't know if other people have been "Under Review" for that long. I submitted my app on 2/6 and it's been "Under Review" since 2/13. I guess I was hoping to get a decision by the end of March but at this point who knows.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 am

I’ve been held since late October

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Ufla12 wrote:
kw25 wrote:
No it's ok and thanks for responding. I just didn't know if other people have been "Under Review" for that long. I submitted my app on 2/6 and it's been "Under Review" since 2/13. I guess I was hoping to get a decision by the end of March but at this point who knows.
No problem. Actually looked at my status today after I responded to this to see the exact date. App submitted on 1/31, received a week or so later, went under review, placed on hold 2/28/18. Might be a good thing you've been under review so long and not marked as hold, who knows. Good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ufla12

New

Post by Ufla12 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am

kw25 wrote:
Ufla12 wrote:
kw25 wrote:
No problem. Actually looked at my status today after I responded to this to see the exact date. App submitted on 1/31, received a week or so later, went under review, placed on hold 2/28/18. Might be a good thing you've been under review so long and not marked as hold, who knows. Good luck!
Thanks! You too! I actually may have spoken too soon because yesterday evening my status changed from “Under Review” to Hold. To be honest, I’m surprised and disappointed UF does holds because other law schools don’t seem to do that. Also, I’m surprised that they don’t give a date when final decisions will be made.

JoeyBG37

New

Post by JoeyBG37 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 am

It's kind of frustrating. I've been on hold since January and Tennessee and a few other schools need answers by April 1. I guess I'm going to put in a deposit in one of those schools and wait on UF. They're definitely my top choice.

JoeyBG37

New

Post by JoeyBG37 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:18 pm

Do think it's appropriate to write a letter of continued interest after having been on hold for a while or should that wait until something like a waitlist?

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:14 pm

JoeyBG37 wrote:Do think it's appropriate to write a letter of continued interest after having been on hold for a while or should that wait until something like a waitlist?
I think i saw earlier in the thread that they’re not encouraging/accepting LOCI’s from those on hold. Not sure though, give the office a call and let us know!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”