UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mhmyeah

New

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 pm

lavarman84,

I must assume by your previous statements that you have not read my replies to, kw25. I have clearly distinguished a singular remark she made in a racist manner. I am done replying to you until you have read my previous responses/replies to others, which you clearly have not.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Noaction wrote:Case and point watching others get things handed to them solely because of the color of their skin. That is the most outright example of racism.
Google the word "racism," and look up the definitions. It's pretty clear that you don't know what it means.
Affirmative Action, the process of allocating a certain percentage of open enrollment to members of each race, is an epitome of racism.
If you think affirmative action is the "epitome" of racism, I think we're getting a better idea of why UF hasn't accepted you. Check your entitlement by the door.
This issue is the main reason I even want to become an attorney. My daughters should have the same chance of getting in to any college they choose as any other racial group and I refuse to let them feel bad for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.
I hope you don't instill in your daughters the entitlement and bitterness you clearly harbor. And I'm glad UF isn't helping you become an attorney if those are your true goals.

One final point:
Noaction wrote:This being my 2nd year of applying to get in to UF and watching the stats I feel like I have to address the elephant in the room. I’m 75 percentile and above on LSAT and GPA and have worked at a law firm as Director of Marketing and Head Legal Assistant for the top construction law firm in the state and owned my own corporation with over 10 employees and have been waitlisted both years.
If your GPA and LSAT are actually that strong and you've been waitlisted in back-to-back years, you have an issue in your background or application that is causing the problem. It's not the minorities who are the problem here. I don't know if you have a criminal record or some other background issue or if it's your personal statement or letters of recommendation, but your credentials (GPA and LSAT) aren't keeping you out. You may want to identify that problem and address it. From reading your posts here, I wouldn't be surprised if your personal statement is the issue.

Only 31.9% of UF's entering class last year identified as "ethnically and racially diverse." The minorities aren't keeping you out of law school. Stop blaming them for your issues. I see white people always questioning what white privilege is. Here's a great example of it: Whining about the minorities holding you back despite the fact that white people made up 69.1% of UF's entering class last year. If affirmative action is the worst discrimination you have to face in your life, consider yourself to be very blessed.

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:52 pm

lavarman84,

Racism -- "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

Firstly, I want you to tell me why Affirmative Action exists in the first place, then our argument can begin.

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Only 31.9% of UF's entering class last year identified as "ethnically and racially diverse." The minorities aren't keeping you out of law school. Stop blaming them for your issues. I see white people always questioning what white privilege is. Here's a great example of it: Whining about the minorities holding you back despite the fact that white people made up 69.1% of UF's entering class last year. If affirmative action is the worst discrimination you have to face in your life, consider yourself to be very blessed.[/quote]

Also, you just admitted that Affirmative Action is discriminatory.

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 pm

lavarman84,

Referring to your quote, "If affirmative action is the worst discrimination you have to face in your life, consider yourself to be very blessed." I would have to disagree, even if this were the case, choosing what law school to attend, is arguably one of the most important decisions of one's life... so this form of discrimination is certainly of a devastating degree.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Or you know... you could simply do the best with the hand that life has dealt you and stop bitching about it. You aren't being discriminated against, you just aren't getting the boost that those who have been historically underrepresented within the field of law are enjoying.

I assume that mhmyeah didn't get into the school that he/she hoped to get into, if that's the case then own it, don't pass the blame onto URM's.

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:48 pm

QUIZ,

For god sake, you and the rest of your followers can't follow/make an argument to save your life. GL with that major in zoology going into law school. Maybe I'll be able to have to discussion with my peers at Georgetown this Fall, as you are incapable.

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 pm

QUIZ,

I also am able to see your incredible lack of ambition to contribute to the betterment of society -- certainly do not have the courage of Rosa Parks, or the thousands who have spoke up against oppression since the beginning of time. Is it fair to assume you are another racist URM?

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:03 pm

QUIZ,

DISCRIMINATION -- "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Triggered? :lol:

Gsd10

New

Post by Gsd10 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:22 pm

mhmyeah wrote:QUIZ,

DISCRIMINATION -- "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex."
Mhmyeah,

I’m sorry, but can you please stop trolling this feed? I’m trying to follow people’s admission decisions and timelines, not your rebuttal to every challenge against your viewpoint. If that is what you want to continue doing, please create a new subject page where you can discuss this issue further.

Sincerely,
Most people following this discussion.

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:57 pm

uf did good on the bar this feburary

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:05 pm

lavarman84,

"Only 31.9% of UF's entering class last year identified as "ethnically and racially diverse." Do you think racial diversity contributes to the betterment of the entering class, or does diversity stem beyond ethnicity?

"Only 31.9% of UF's entering class last year identified as "ethnically and racially diverse." If you add the percentage of women (52%) to that figure, the sum is ~83%, meaning a mere 17% of the class was white, and male. Do you know the percentage of white men in the U.S.? I would assume the make up would be around 45%. We can assume from these figures that white women made up ~36% of the class. White males are clearly the most disadvantaged segment of the admitted class.

[I assumed these numbers by halving (16%) the ~32% of URM into male and female categories, then subtracted 16% (not white males) from the 52% of females to achieve 36% (white, and woman).]

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Gsd10,

I'm not "trolling" this feed, but you got it. ET phone home... See ya!

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Well okay then. That was a lot.

Anyways... Anyone have any idea when we might see some waitlist movement?

sneakysnake

New

Post by sneakysnake » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:12 pm

I asked last month when I toured and they said they’d start pulling people after the deposit deadline which was Friday, so I guess any time now?? They also said they’ll send waitlisted candidates periodical newsletters with updates on movement.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:32 pm

mhmyeah wrote:lavarman84,

"Only 31.9% of UF's entering class last year identified as "ethnically and racially diverse." Do you think racial diversity contributes to the betterment of the entering class, or does diversity stem beyond ethnicity?

"Only 31.9% of UF's entering class last year identified as "ethnically and racially diverse." If you add the percentage of women (52%) to that figure, the sum is ~83%, meaning a mere 17% of the class was white, and male. Do you know the percentage of white men in the U.S.? I would assume the make up would be around 45%. We can assume from these figures that white women made up ~36% of the class. White males are clearly the most disadvantaged segment of the admitted class.

[I assumed these numbers by halving (16%) the ~32% of URM into male and female categories, then subtracted 16% (not white males) from the 52% of females to achieve 36% (white, and woman).]
WhiteFish11 wrote:Well okay then. That was a lot.

Anyways... Anyone have any idea when we might see some waitlist movement?
I don't want to be too pessimistic, but in past years, I noticed that there wasn't a lot of waitlist movement after April. I wish you all luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:58 pm

sneakysnake wrote:I asked last month when I toured and they said they’d start pulling people after the deposit deadline which was Friday, so I guess any time now?? They also said they’ll send waitlisted candidates periodical newsletters with updates on movement.
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know :)

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:I asked last month when I toured and they said they’d start pulling people after the deposit deadline which was Friday, so I guess any time now?? They also said they’ll send waitlisted candidates periodical newsletters with updates on movement.
Not WL'ed yet - but I feel the WL movement might not be great this year if the class is scaled down

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am

KPUSN07 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Not WL'ed yet - but I feel the WL movement might not be great this year if the class is scaled down

You’re probably right about that. I conveniently forget about that to make myself feel better haha.

mhmyeah

New

Post by mhmyeah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:33 pm

What is the purpose of UF scaling their class down by a 3rd?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:

You’re probably right about that. I conveniently forget about that to make myself feel better haha.
Ha.... Don't worry - I feel the same way - not confident in admission to really any WL school at this point.

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 pm

mhmyeah wrote:What is the purpose of UF scaling their class down by a 3rd?
Try and raise their ranking I guess

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Someone who went on a tour recently said they told them they were planning to start accepting waitlist people today.

Gsd10

New

Post by Gsd10 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:43 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:
mhmyeah wrote:What is the purpose of UF scaling their class down by a 3rd?
Try and raise their ranking I guess
It's unfortunate that schools completely ratify their admissions logistics to solely raise their rankings...It seems that's the only motivation behind anything law schools do, which is sad.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”