UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KPUSN07

Bronze

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Eli1 wrote:Has anyone who got the "no final decision made" status seen any movement yet? Should we expect to not hear anything until after the December LSAT scores/applicants are considered?
Not yet.... I heard a while ago that maybe in January some movement should occur

selizm433

New

Post by selizm433 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I got my email today!!! I submitted my application (as in CAS and everything sent) on 12/15 so I am so excited!! In with president's scholarship. (I went to UF undergrad)

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm

selizm433 wrote:I got my email today!!! I submitted my application (as in CAS and everything sent) on 12/15 so I am so excited!! In with president's scholarship. (I went to UF undergrad)
Congrats!

Did you live off campus during undergrad? I've heard that the COL isn't bad up in Gainsville but I won't really get a chance to visit until the March ASD.

vishniac

New

Post by vishniac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 pm

QUIZ wrote:
selizm433 wrote:I got my email today!!! I submitted my application (as in CAS and everything sent) on 12/15 so I am so excited!! In with president's scholarship. (I went to UF undergrad)
Congrats!

Did you live off campus during undergrad? I've heard that the COL isn't bad up in Gainsville but I won't really get a chance to visit until the March ASD.
I'm not the original commenter, but I went to UF for undergrad and lived off campus. I had to find an apartment that allowed large dogs, but my one bedroom apartment was only like $630 a month. COL is much lower in Gainesville than most cities.

selizm433

New

Post by selizm433 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:55 pm

QUIZ wrote:
Congrats!

Yes! It's not bad. I ended up having a dog as well and lived in a more expensive part of town (near Sorority Row and in a nice place near campus) and my rent in 2/2 was around $850 for just me..but I also paid $100 just for parking a month (so it was really only $750). Parking will kill you but the area around the law school is actually cheaper and has a lot more options.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm

vishniac wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
Congrats!

I'm not the original commenter, but I went to UF for undergrad and lived off campus. I had to find an apartment that allowed large dogs, but my one bedroom apartment was only like $630 a month. COL is much lower in Gainesville than most cities.
Thanks for the reply! That doesn't sound bad at all, and if I do decide to attend and live near UF I'd definitely be looking for a 1 bedroom, (not really interested in having a roommate during my 1L).
selizm433 wrote:
Yes! It's not bad. I ended up having a dog as well and lived in a more expensive part of town (near Sorority Row and in a nice place near campus) and my rent in 2/2 was around $850 for just me..but I also paid $100 just for parking a month (so it was really only $750). Parking will kill you but the area around the law school is actually cheaper and has a lot more options.
Paying for parking wasn't something that I considered, definitely something to think about in regards to the overall cost. Thanks for the reply as well.

Dubbus

New

Post by Dubbus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Got in to UF with a full tuition scholarship but wasn't really considering it because I have lived in Florida my whole life and wanted to leave. But they just bumped me to a Levin Ethos scholarship with a 6k a year stipend, now I don't know wtf to do. Hard to turn down the idea of graduating law school for 30k COA or less. Florida isn't that bad...

evanrn

New

Post by evanrn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Dubbus wrote:Got in to UF with a full tuition scholarship but wasn't really considering it because I have lived in Florida my whole life and wanted to leave. But they just bumped me to a Levin Ethos scholarship with a 6k a year stipend, now I don't know wtf to do. Hard to turn down the idea of graduating law school for 30k COA or less. Florida isn't that bad...
Same exact thing. I would really rather go to a T10 school but getting paid to go to school sounds real nice...

Dubbus

New

Post by Dubbus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 pm

[vine][/vine]
evanrn wrote:
Dubbus wrote:Got in to UF with a full tuition scholarship but wasn't really considering it because I have lived in Florida my whole life and wanted to leave. But they just bumped me to a Levin Ethos scholarship with a 6k a year stipend, now I don't know wtf to do. Hard to turn down the idea of graduating law school for 30k COA or less. Florida isn't that bad...
Same exact thing. I would really rather go to a T10 school but getting paid to go to school sounds real nice...
Lol right. COL is so insanely low in Gainesville that the stipend really punches above its weight. Oh well at least law students aren't the sort of people to obsess over difficult choices right haha..ha...ha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

surfingwithgators

New

Post by surfingwithgators » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:28 pm

I can't help but feel like I was kind of low-balled by UF scholarship-wise. They offered me 75% scholarship, which is not bad, but FSU offered full tuition plus 6,000 stipend and Miami also offered full tuition. My numbers are: 3.7/167. It's just kind of disappointing, considering I go to UF for undergrad and I thought I wrote a really nice Why UF. Do you think UF will be open to negotiation?

Dubbus

New

Post by Dubbus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:00 am

surfingwithgators wrote:I can't help but feel like I was kind of low-balled by UF scholarship-wise. They offered me 75% scholarship, which is not bad, but FSU offered full tuition plus 6,000 stipend and Miami also offered full tuition. My numbers are: 3.7/167. It's just kind of disappointing, considering I go to UF for undergrad and I thought I wrote a really nice Why UF. Do you think UF will be open to negotiation?
Can't hurt to try. My lsat was 1 point lower. I'm guessing if they spontaneously upped my scholarship they might be open to talking?
Last edited by Dubbus on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

pussypoppins

New

Post by pussypoppins » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 am

surfingwithgators wrote:I can't help but feel like I was kind of low-balled by UF scholarship-wise. They offered me 75% scholarship, which is not bad, but FSU offered full tuition plus 6,000 stipend and Miami also offered full tuition. My numbers are: 3.7/167. It's just kind of disappointing, considering I go to UF for undergrad and I thought I wrote a really nice Why UF. Do you think UF will be open to negotiation?
o

I saw on Reddit that they’re giving out unsolicited scholarship upgrades. I also got a 75%. Maybe a LOCI? Maybe they’re banking on your attendance regardless because you’re already established there, so they feel like they don’t have to entice you as much. I’d show them other offers you have that are superior.

Also, FSU only offered me a $5k/year stipend. You got $6k? I might need to negotiate!

surfingwithgators

New

Post by surfingwithgators » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Dubbus wrote:
Can't hurt to try. My lsat was 1 point lower. I'm guessing if they spontaneously upped my scholarship they might be open to talking?
Yeah I think I will call the admissions office!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

surfingwithgators

New

Post by surfingwithgators » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:21 pm

pussypoppins wrote:
o

I saw on Reddit that they’re giving out unsolicited scholarship upgrades. I also got a 75%. Maybe a LOCI? Maybe they’re banking on your attendance regardless because you’re already established there, so they feel like they don’t have to entice you as much. I’d show them other offers you have that are superior.

Also, FSU only offered me a $5k/year stipend. You got $6k? I might need to negotiate!
Yeah you may be right! I will definitely give them a call and you should give FSU a call too!

laurens

New

Post by laurens » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Accepted today via email! Have all scholarship offers been included in the email or have some gotten scholarships that were not mentioned in the email?

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Negotiate. UF tends to lowball UF students.

ndskhjsdabnsjhk

New

Post by ndskhjsdabnsjhk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 pm

lavarman84 wrote:
Negotiate. UF tends to lowball UF students.
I was admitted with no scholarship and am above 75th in both categories... I am also a UF undergraduate. I think I am going to send an email because that seems a little off to be offered no scholarship. I was accepted mid Jan.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndskhjsdabnsjhk

New

Post by ndskhjsdabnsjhk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 pm

TheRealEscobar wrote:I was just accepted via email. No scholarship info, not sure what that means.
Hey did you ever receive scholly info? Do you mind if I ask your numbers?

ndskhjsdabnsjhk

New

Post by ndskhjsdabnsjhk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 pm

laurens wrote:Accepted today via email! Have all scholarship offers been included in the email or have some gotten scholarships that were not mentioned in the email?
I was accepted and did not receive any scholarship info in my email... above 75th in both categories. Did you receive scholarship info later?

Eli1

New

Post by Eli1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:08 am

For those of us still on hold, does anyone know when we should expect to hear something?

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Eli1 wrote:For those of us still on hold, does anyone know when we should expect to hear something?
Just a guess, but I’d assume after Feb. LSAT scores are released. Probably March.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gennyJD96

New

Post by gennyJD96 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I committed to UF a few months back and they have been really late in setting up a Facebook page. I want to start figuring out housing arrangements and would prefer to have a roommate, but haven't been able to connect with any other accepted students because I'm from NY. I'm a dude, K-JD, big sports fan, and if anyone is looking to catch up, please feel free to PM me. Would be happy to get to know some other incoming Gators!

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Hey everyone, looks like I may be coming in a little late.. I'm also on hold and I applied a little later than it looks like most of you guys did. Application was submitted on 1/31 and got the hold notif via status checker on 2/28. Been accepted at two other private schools in FL with a 50% and an almost 50% scholarship. Stats are painfully average so I feel like I might be in more of a reach position than most unfortunately. I really enjoyed reading through this thread and knowing I'm not the only one obsessing/pulling my hair out over the hold status. I'm sorry for those of you who have had to endure it for a few months.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:01 pm

I've seen some WLs sent out from UF - wondering what that means for the HOLDs.... On HOLD since October.... :|

fl114

New

Post by fl114 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Got waitlisted today, applied in late February.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”