UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UMhopeful21

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby UMhopeful21 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:18 am

mhmyeah wrote:Noaction,

Affirmative action is an inherently racist piece of legislation -- you are not alone.

kw25,

The fact that you are going around raving over "white male privilege" in forums disgusts me. The only privilege being had is by the minority in this instance. Can you imagine if the policy was vice versa? i.e. due to the color of my skin, being red, yellow, white, etc. I was accepted at a higher rate, w/ less qualifications, than my counterparts? Does this seem right? The answer is no. I understand you're trying to defend your privilege as a minority, but if you're going to be a lawyer, you're failure to distinguish BOTH SIDES of the arguments concerns me. Probably has to do with the fact for why you were waitlisted.


Does the fact that UF laws classes tend to have majority white students with a mix of stats have any weight in this argument? Why does it bother you so much that some of the very few minorities that get in have shitty stats? Get over it.

UMhopeful21

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby UMhopeful21 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:23 am

mhmyeah wrote:kw25,

Continually, what is it to be "privileged?" Does it mean that you come from a wealthy background, that stems from incredibly hard-work on behalf of your immediate as well as distant family members? And why is it that the female segment of the white population is excluded from this argument?

In California they do not request ID to vote, for some reason I ASSUME involving potential discrimination. Yet, on a law school application we are required to list if we identify as LGBT, M or F, Black or White, etc.? Does this not seem inherently discriminatory? Do you think they should also require a passport size photo included in the application to insure the accuracy of these statements? I think not. If you fail to learn history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Everyone in their lives face some sort of adversity, and it is not necessarily due to their color of their skin. The law school application, among others, should not be turned into a sob story. Everyone goes through adversity, and what matters is how we respond. Clearly, the "white privileged man" you were replying to has overcome adversity and succeeded in many areas of life.


Or had everything handed and spoon fed to him, that’s a possibility. That’s like saying trump with his 1 million dollars graduation gift from dad that gave him a head start on his way to success signifies that he overcame adversity. Oh what a hard life for poor old trump to finally overcome and beat the odds. Give me a break. The only people mad at the privilege argument are the privileged. Look in the mirror.

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:12 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:
KoozBall wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:Tbh, I don’t really trust anything the admissions office says anymore. I doubt a single decision is made this week—or next for that matter. Maybe my impatience is getting to me...


Well apparently they’re overcommitted cause they called an admitted student and asked if they would defer to the next year for scholarship money. :(


Where did you hear this?


Reddit forum


Well I’m still on hold....... so.....?

Yeah I just read this, pretty unfortunate.


Newest post on there states that someone got accepted off WL.



Yeah this has all become very confusing to me haha

audreykirsch

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby audreykirsch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:17 pm

I was acccepted off of the waitlist on Wednesday night.

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:02 pm

audreykirsch wrote:I was acccepted off of the waitlist on Wednesday night.


Do you mind telling me your stats? Congrats!

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:03 pm

They just called someone else today to ask them to defer if they upped their scholarship. I wonder what's going on and how many people will accept this offer.

KoozBall

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KoozBall » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:04 pm

audreykirsch wrote:I was acccepted off of the waitlist on Wednesday night.


Congrats! Hoping I can get that status soon too!

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:45 pm

UMhopeful21 wrote:
mhmyeah wrote:Noaction,

Affirmative action is an inherently racist piece of legislation -- you are not alone.

kw25,

The fact that you are going around raving over "white male privilege" in forums disgusts me. The only privilege being had is by the minority in this instance. Can you imagine if the policy was vice versa? i.e. due to the color of my skin, being red, yellow, white, etc. I was accepted at a higher rate, w/ less qualifications, than my counterparts? Does this seem right? The answer is no. I understand you're trying to defend your privilege as a minority, but if you're going to be a lawyer, you're failure to distinguish BOTH SIDES of the arguments concerns me. Probably has to do with the fact for why you were waitlisted.


Does the fact that UF laws classes tend to have majority white students with a mix of stats have any weight in this argument? Why does it bother you so much that some of the very few minorities that get in have shitty stats? Get over it.



I just don't think it's right. I have already explained this and I am not continuing this discussion.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:48 pm

UMhopeful21 wrote:
mhmyeah wrote:kw25,

Continually, what is it to be "privileged?" Does it mean that you come from a wealthy background, that stems from incredibly hard-work on behalf of your immediate as well as distant family members? And why is it that the female segment of the white population is excluded from this argument?

In California they do not request ID to vote, for some reason I ASSUME involving potential discrimination. Yet, on a law school application we are required to list if we identify as LGBT, M or F, Black or White, etc.? Does this not seem inherently discriminatory? Do you think they should also require a passport size photo included in the application to insure the accuracy of these statements? I think not. If you fail to learn history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Everyone in their lives face some sort of adversity, and it is not necessarily due to their color of their skin. The law school application, among others, should not be turned into a sob story. Everyone goes through adversity, and what matters is how we respond. Clearly, the "white privileged man" you were replying to has overcome adversity and succeeded in many areas of life.


Or had everything handed and spoon fed to him, that’s a possibility. That’s like saying trump with his 1 million dollars graduation gift from dad that gave him a head start on his way to success signifies that he overcame adversity. Oh what a hard life for poor old trump to finally overcome and beat the odds. Give me a break. The only people mad at the privilege argument are the privileged. Look in the mirror.



"Adversity" is pretty vague. There are many types of adversity... but just to emphasize a little more on your envy of Trump, 1MIL really is not a lot of cash, relatively speaking. It speaks to something as he has turned that 1MIL into billions. We are all privileged to some extent -- simply for the fact that we were born in the U.S., and not Iraq.

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:35 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:They just called someone else today to ask them to defer if they upped their scholarship. I wonder what's going on and how many people will accept this offer.


This is all very strange - I remain on HOLD lol. Nothing to do but smile and wait 8)

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:07 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:They just called someone else today to ask them to defer if they upped their scholarship. I wonder what's going on and how many people will accept this offer.


This is all very strange - I remain on HOLD lol. Nothing to do but smile and wait 8)


Geez. Really hope you hear something this week.

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Anyone hear of any waitlist movement this week?

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:16 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:Anyone hear of any waitlist movement this week?


Radio silent on my end :?

GoldenBoyKod

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby GoldenBoyKod » Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 am

Has anyone heard anything yet about WL movement? At what point in the cycle do you guys think I should consider giving up hope?

Gsd10

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby Gsd10 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:58 pm

GoldenBoyKod wrote:Has anyone heard anything yet about WL movement? At what point in the cycle do you guys think I should consider giving up hope?


Minus the few people who were admitted right after the first seat deposit, it doesn't seem like anyone has heard anything. I'm assuming that's because they are (1) waiting to see if anyone else withdraws at the second deposit and (2) seeing who applies with the June LSAT. To be honest, I've already given up most of my hope and am fully planning to attend a different school.

UMhopeful21

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby UMhopeful21 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Gsd10 wrote:
GoldenBoyKod wrote:Has anyone heard anything yet about WL movement? At what point in the cycle do you guys think I should consider giving up hope?


Minus the few people who were admitted right after the first seat deposit, it doesn't seem like anyone has heard anything. I'm assuming that's because they are (1) waiting to see if anyone else withdraws at the second deposit and (2) seeing who applies with the June LSAT. To be honest, I've already given up most of my hope and am fully planning to attend a different school.


I decided to retake the June LSAT to see if I can be let in off the waitlist..

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:20 pm

UMhopeful21 wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:
GoldenBoyKod wrote:Has anyone heard anything yet about WL movement? At what point in the cycle do you guys think I should consider giving up hope?


Minus the few people who were admitted right after the first seat deposit, it doesn't seem like anyone has heard anything. I'm assuming that's because they are (1) waiting to see if anyone else withdraws at the second deposit and (2) seeing who applies with the June LSAT. To be honest, I've already given up most of my hope and am fully planning to attend a different school.


I decided to retake the June LSAT to see if I can be let in off the waitlist..


I really, really thought about this.... but ultimately decided against it due already taking it four times, highest being a 156 - I didn’t want to force the test without more more preparation and ensuring I score at least a 162+

sneakysnake

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby sneakysnake » Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Someone on reddit posted about receiving an email about WL interest today, did anyone else get one?

Gsd10

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby Gsd10 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:40 pm

sneakysnake wrote:Someone on reddit posted about receiving an email about WL interest today, did anyone else get one?


I did not receive the email, which makes me a little nervous considering the reply deadline is Wednesday.

Gsd10

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby Gsd10 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Have there been multiple reports of this email? I’ve only seen one on a reddit post; however, another reddit post said that “several people” received the email. Does anyone know?

ApplicationSzn

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby ApplicationSzn » Wed May 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Can someone post the link to the Reddit post, I can’t find it

Gsd10

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby Gsd10 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:46 pm

ApplicationSzn wrote:Can someone post the link to the Reddit post, I can’t find it


https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmis ... _movement/

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Someone was accepted from the waitlist Tuesday!

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Gsd10 wrote:Have there been multiple reports of this email? I’ve only seen one on a reddit post; however, another reddit post said that “several people” received the email. Does anyone know?



The person accepted from the WL on Tuesday hadn’t received this email



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests