UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mhmyeah

New

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by mhmyeah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Gsd10,

Money and/or rankings... pick your poison.

Awrig1193

New

Post by Awrig1193 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:04 pm

I was sent an acceptance email and then the assistant dean called and said it was an error today. Has this happened to anyone else?

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Awrig1193 wrote:I was sent an acceptance email and then the assistant dean called and said it was an error today. Has this happened to anyone else?
Are you for real? If so, that is terrible :( I am so sorry you had to go through that. :(

KylawRen

New

Post by KylawRen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:39 am

Awrig1193 wrote:I was sent an acceptance email and then the assistant dean called and said it was an error today. Has this happened to anyone else?
Wow. That’s wild. If you want to go to uf you should be able to use that to get a real acceptance I would think. I would not just say ok to that.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:Someone who went on a tour recently said they told them they were planning to start accepting waitlist people today.
What about HOLD people lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AlHarringtonsWWITM

New

Post by AlHarringtonsWWITM » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:Someone who went on a tour recently said they told them they were planning to start accepting waitlist people today.
On the WL right now so BIG if true

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:50 am

Alright everyone, it's clear that there is a certain unnamed troll in our midst. I think the best course of action is to continue discussions based on admission decisions/processes and not entertain triggered whiny twerps who have no business bringing that kind of nonsense into this thread. Moving on

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:50 am

Alright everyone, it's clear that there is a certain unnamed troll in our midst. I think the best course of action is to continue discussions based on admission decisions/processes and not entertain triggered whiny twerps who have no business bringing that kind of nonsense into this thread. Moving on

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am

KPUSN07 wrote:
What about HOLD people lol
No idea but it’s crazy that you’re still on hold!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 pm

AlHarringtonsWWITM wrote:
Not seeing anything so maybe it wasn't true

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
mhmyeah wrote:What is the purpose of UF scaling their class down by a 3rd?
Try and raise their ranking I guess
It's unfortunate that schools completely ratify their admissions logistics to solely raise their rankings...It seems that's the only motivation behind anything law schools do, which is sad.
uf should pump the breaks on raising ranks and focus on their grads passing the bar. they had the lowest bar pass rate in the state!

AlHarringtonsWWITM

New

Post by AlHarringtonsWWITM » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:
had me checking every other minute all day lol

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:
had me checking every other minute all day lol
I'm still doing that haha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

abogadesq

Silver

Post by abogadesq » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:58 pm

kengh wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
mhmyeah wrote:What is the purpose of UF scaling their class down by a 3rd?
Try and raise their ranking I guess
It's unfortunate that schools completely ratify their admissions logistics to solely raise their rankings...It seems that's the only motivation behind anything law schools do, which is sad.
uf should pump the breaks on raising ranks and focus on their grads passing the bar. they had the lowest bar pass rate in the state!
One thing I've noticed since graduating is that the bar passage rate has gotten worse in tandem with a lower average LSAT of incoming students (though it looks like it's increased in the most recent admitted class).

Gsd10

New

Post by Gsd10 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Tbh, I don’t really trust anything the admissions office says anymore. I doubt a single decision is made this week—or next for that matter. Maybe my impatience is getting to me...

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 am

Gsd10 wrote:Tbh, I don’t really trust anything the admissions office says anymore. I doubt a single decision is made this week—or next for that matter. Maybe my impatience is getting to me...
Well apparently they’re overcommitted cause they called an admitted student and asked if they would defer to the next year for scholarship money. :(

sneakysnake

New

Post by sneakysnake » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:Tbh, I don’t really trust anything the admissions office says anymore. I doubt a single decision is made this week—or next for that matter. Maybe my impatience is getting to me...
Well apparently they’re overcommitted cause they called an admitted student and asked if they would defer to the next year for scholarship money. :(
Where did you hear this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:07 pm

sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
It's on r/lawschooladmissions

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm

sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum

Gsd10

New

Post by Gsd10 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm

WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum
Yeah I just read this, pretty unfortunate.

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum
Well now someone I know just got accepted from the WL so this is just getting weird.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum
Newest post on there states that someone got accepted off WL.

WhiteFish11

New

Post by WhiteFish11 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:03 pm

KoozBall wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum

Yeah this has all become very confusing to me haha

Gsd10

New

Post by Gsd10 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:38 pm

KoozBall wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum

Does anyone know his/her stats? I don't have a reddit account.

kw25

New

Post by kw25 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Gsd10 wrote:
KoozBall wrote:
Gsd10 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
sneakysnake wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
Reddit forum

Does anyone know his/her stats? I don't have a reddit account
I don’t want to invade anyone’s privacy but the LSAT was between 155-160 and the gpa was between a 3.5 and 4.0

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”