Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
srt2021

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby srt2021 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Liberty4All wrote:has there only been one wave of admits so far? when can we expect more?


Answer is yes. Last year the next wave was 1/31, year before 1/19.

User avatar
april_ludgate

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

User avatar
Dickens

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Dickens » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:53 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)

User avatar
april_ludgate

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha

gotmilk332

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby gotmilk332 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha


lol i've had the same exact thing happen with Harvard. Also NYU: me--"I got into NYU!" family friend--"Congrats! I hear Yale is #1" :?

User avatar
april_ludgate

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

gotmilk332 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha


lol i've had the same exact thing happen with Harvard. Also NYU: me--"I got into NYU!" family friend--"Congrats! I hear Yale is #1" :?


When I got into NYU my mom texted me the thumbs up emoji lmao

srt2021

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby srt2021 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
gotmilk332 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha


lol i've had the same exact thing happen with Harvard. Also NYU: me--"I got into NYU!" family friend--"Congrats! I hear Yale is #1" :?


When I got into NYU my mom texted me the thumbs up emoji lmao


All of this!!
Plus a mentor (re: Harvard) who was like: "Oh. That's terrible. What about Yale?"
Me: "..."
Her: "...okay, okay. That's good news, I guess."

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm

srt2021 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
gotmilk332 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha


lol i've had the same exact thing happen with Harvard. Also NYU: me--"I got into NYU!" family friend--"Congrats! I hear Yale is #1" :?


When I got into NYU my mom texted me the thumbs up emoji lmao


All of this!!
Plus a mentor (re: Harvard) who was like: "Oh. That's terrible. What about Yale?"
Me: "..."
Her: "...okay, okay. That's good news, I guess."


y'all have weird friends and family...

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:24 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:
srt2021 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
gotmilk332 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha


lol i've had the same exact thing happen with Harvard. Also NYU: me--"I got into NYU!" family friend--"Congrats! I hear Yale is #1" :?


When I got into NYU my mom texted me the thumbs up emoji lmao


All of this!!
Plus a mentor (re: Harvard) who was like: "Oh. That's terrible. What about Yale?"
Me: "..."
Her: "...okay, okay. That's good news, I guess."


y'all have weird friends and family...

IKR? none of my friends really know my stats or anything bc I don't talk about that stuff with them (save it all for here :P) so when i said I had an interview with harvard law they were like "yeah right dm..." and made a bunch of legally blonde jokes

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:25 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:y'all have weird friends and family...


Retweet! Like my family and friends are lit every single time I get into a new school - even if it’s one I no longer care about.

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby DowsingForAJD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Yall gave me heart palpitations with these thread bumps lol
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

srt2021

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby srt2021 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:
srt2021 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
gotmilk332 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
Dickens wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?

People! Honest to God the worst. Seriously congrats on Harvard! No follow up Qs :)


Thank you!! I don’t know how many more times I can tell people i have no clue when I’ll hear from Yale haha


lol i've had the same exact thing happen with Harvard. Also NYU: me--"I got into NYU!" family friend--"Congrats! I hear Yale is #1" :?


When I got into NYU my mom texted me the thumbs up emoji lmao


All of this!!
Plus a mentor (re: Harvard) who was like: "Oh. That's terrible. What about Yale?"
Me: "..."
Her: "...okay, okay. That's good news, I guess."


y'all have weird friends and family...


Well, you're not wrong... :| (I have to admit everyone else is happy, though, so that's been the exception for me, not the rule!)

srt2021

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby srt2021 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah, sorry folks, this is all really just my way of taking out my nervousness about Yale online :P

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:29 pm

srt2021 wrote:Yeah, sorry folks, this is all really just my way of taking out my nervousness about Yale online :P

this is my way of postponing going to the gym :D

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby DowsingForAJD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:29 pm

srt2021 wrote:Yeah, sorry folks, this is all really just my way of taking out my nervousness about Yale online :P


That's what the thread is for! I share those same nervous feelings :lol:
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gotmilk332

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby gotmilk332 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm

y'all have weird friends and family...[/quote]

Well, you're not wrong... :| (I have to admit everyone else is happy, though, so that's been the exception for me, not the rule!)[/quote]

Haha it's definitely the exception almost everyone was over the moon about Harvard it's just funny when you hear weird comments like that.

bubblebat

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby bubblebat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:31 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?


Literally my life.

Although my favorite part was my weird estranged lawyer uncle who called me after years spent ignoring me to try and convince me Harvard was the better choice.

User avatar
Prudence

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Prudence » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm

I really want to go to yale since I could live with my parents (lol sad) if it wasn't for this sweet saving on COA, I would just take the T-14 offering the most $$$ but yale is incredibly close to home so I had to apply

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 pm

bubblebat wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?


Literally my life.

Although my favorite part was my weird estranged lawyer uncle who called me after years spent ignoring me to try and convince me Harvard was the better choice.

do all of you guys come from like super accomplished families and shit? because my family is super impressed by UW madison lol

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Meanwhile my Kenyan family is like "Why aren't you going to the one Barack Obama went to?"

bubblebat

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby bubblebat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:04 pm

dm1683 wrote:
bubblebat wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?


Literally my life.

Although my favorite part was my weird estranged lawyer uncle who called me after years spent ignoring me to try and convince me Harvard was the better choice.

do all of you guys come from like super accomplished families and shit? because my family is super impressed by UW madison lol

I certainly don't. I think that weird uncle and I are the only people back at least five generations to have attended any form of higher education. But, in my case, that makes my family members more expectant. A lot of them felt robbed of the opportunity to do "big and important things," so they want to get some of that vicarious glory. When I graduated at the top of my undergrad class with an award for that year's best thesis, my dad looked at me and said he wasn't proud and later went on to lament that I wasn't pursuing my kindergarten dream of microbiology. :/

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:06 pm

My family still thinks I should get a PhD. My Yale app has been delayed because my professor writing my recommendation keeps trying to convince me to get a JD/PhD... she's convinced I'll be bored with a JD because I know math.

Her dad is a Nobel Prize winner and so is her husband, so I think she has a slightly skewed idea of normal.

User avatar
april_ludgate

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby april_ludgate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:44 pm

bubblebat wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
bubblebat wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?


Literally my life.

Although my favorite part was my weird estranged lawyer uncle who called me after years spent ignoring me to try and convince me Harvard was the better choice.

do all of you guys come from like super accomplished families and shit? because my family is super impressed by UW madison lol

I certainly don't. I think that weird uncle and I are the only people back at least five generations to have attended any form of higher education. But, in my case, that makes my family members more expectant. A lot of them felt robbed of the opportunity to do "big and important things," so they want to get some of that vicarious glory. When I graduated at the top of my undergrad class with an award for that year's best thesis, my dad looked at me and said he wasn't proud and later went on to lament that I wasn't pursuing my kindergarten dream of microbiology. :/


Yeah my mom was a Supreme Court Clerk lol sigh

User avatar
Prudence

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Prudence » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:00 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:Meanwhile my Kenyan family is like "Why aren't you going to the one Barack Obama went to?"


Big Facts. Every time i tell my (immigrant) mom Harvard doesn’t give merit aid shes like “you better not say no to Harvard. Michelle and Barack went there” like ok mother lets see if they want me first :roll:

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Me: I got into Harvard!!
Several people (several!!!!): Congrats! Have you heard from Yale? No? When will you hear?


This is so relatable.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests