Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you applying

September
21
8%
October
71
28%
November
69
27%
December
44
17%
January
45
18%
February
6
2%
 
Total votes: 256

aboveandbeyond

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:07 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby aboveandbeyond » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:21 am

For the waitlist/dings have you guys applied ED or RD?

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby InterLaw » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:28 am

Waitlist, totally expected (if not hoped) since UPenn is pretty strongly international adverse... Applied RD in November

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 am

InterLaw wrote:Waitlist, totally expected (if not hoped) since UPenn is pretty strongly international adverse... Applied RD in November


Sorry to hear that. :/

They sent the email this morning??

aboveandbeyond

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:07 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby aboveandbeyond » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:19 am

Im thinking that ED2 decisions will be sent tomorrow.

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 am

aboveandbeyond wrote:For the waitlist/dings have you guys applied ED or RD?


RD

181plz

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 181plz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am

Have we developed an estimate of how long ur2 proceeds? Been there since 1/10

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 am

181plz wrote:Have we developed an estimate of how long ur2 proceeds? Been there since 1/10

Been there since 12/6 :lol:

181plz

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 181plz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
181plz wrote:Have we developed an estimate of how long ur2 proceeds? Been there since 1/10

Been there since 12/6 :lol:


:roll:

surfsup12345

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby surfsup12345 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 pm

aboveandbeyond wrote:Im thinking that ED2 decisions will be sent tomorrow.


+1

Man, I really hope there is an ED boost for EDII or else I'm done for.

For ED, do you think they release it all at once? Or acceptances one day and wl/dings the next day?

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Waitlist email yesterday. Not surprising considering I'm a reverse splitter, but good luck to everybody!

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby InterLaw » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Waitlist, totally expected (if not hoped) since UPenn is pretty strongly international adverse... Applied RD in November


Sorry to hear that. :/

They sent the email this morning??


Yep, they did

sarahbelle6

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby sarahbelle6 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:44 pm

when penn law posts this on the school's twitter and i'm like "hi i'm a female veteran EDII applicant waiting here anxiously are you trying to give me a heart attack"

https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/news/774 ... reaks-down

jerrycallow

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jerrycallow » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Kinda new here so I don't know if this question is obvious or already been answered here but,
I'm an EDII applicant and I've been UCR since the 9th (I submitted my app on the 4th). If we're expected to hear back by the end of the week, is it possible I don't even get to UCR2? Or will my decision just come out later than everybody else's?

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Since the mailing for 1/10/18 admits is taking so long do you think there's a chance that it will come with scholarship info?

evanrn

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby evanrn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 pm

Just got a call from a Philadelphia area code and mentally prepared myself ... it was Comcast :roll:

surfsup12345

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby surfsup12345 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:04 pm

evanrn wrote:Just got a call from a Philadelphia area code and mentally prepared myself ... it was Comcast :roll:


lol. I have been doing that for every call the past 2 weeks.

mdltook

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mdltook » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:47 pm

mwells56 wrote:For anybody who's interviewing today/yesterday/tomorrow let us know how it goes! Curious if any insights into the cycle. Also from what I understand Penn interviews are rare so I'm interested in what happens.


+1 to this, anyone who interviewed have any insight?

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:53 pm

etramak wrote:Since the mailing for 1/10/18 admits is taking so long do you think there's a chance that it will come with scholarship info?

Admitted 1/10, just got the mailing, no scholarship info. Just two viewbooks and a PennLaw folder. I have to say they didn't come up with the swag like duke did...

EDIT btw i'm in the midwest for reference

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 pm

So assuming that the last of the interviews slots for EDII were today, think the wave will come tomorrow or Friday? And if so, which? My money's on Friday.

LSNlife

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LSNlife » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts about sending a particularly late why penn? I applied back in October and went UCR2 finally in mi-January, should I send a why penn just to be safe or wait for the likely WL (if not a ding) and use it as an LOCI?

surfsup12345

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby surfsup12345 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 pm

mwells56 wrote:So assuming that the last of the interviews slots for EDII were today, think the wave will come tomorrow or Friday? And if so, which? My money's on Friday.


I think they'll do EDll tomorrow. Phone calls for the acceptances tomorrow and the official email for the wl/dings on Friday.

LorneMalvo

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LorneMalvo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 pm

surfsup12345 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:So assuming that the last of the interviews slots for EDII were today, think the wave will come tomorrow or Friday? And if so, which? My money's on Friday.


I think they'll do EDll tomorrow. Phone calls for the acceptances tomorrow and the official email for the wl/dings on Friday.


I think they’ll do ED tomorrow as well. But I still don’t understand why they did a handful of ED2 acceptances and rejections last week.

Episcopalian

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Episcopalian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:10 am

Hi, everyone! Current 1L here who wanted to wish you all luck. I was in the office yesterday and they were doing Skype interviews. Lots of movement, which is great.

I’m happy to serve as a resource for anxious applicants. We also just got our grades back, so I can speak a bit on that as well.

Good luck everyone!

*I should add, I was an EDII applicant who had an interview and was waitlisted thereafter. That happened to five of us on here. Three of us are now at Penn! So, no giving up, people!
Last edited by Episcopalian on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aboveandbeyond

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:07 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby aboveandbeyond » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am

It’s gonna be a long day waiting by the phone/refreshing my email.

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 am

Episcopalian wrote:Hi, everyone! Current 1L here who wanted to wish you all luck. I was in the office yesterday and they were doing Skype interviews. Lots of movement, which is great.

I’m happy to serve as a resource for anxious applicants. We also just got our grades back, so I can speak a bit on that as well.

Good luck everyone!

*I should add, I was an EDII applicant who had an interview and was waitlisted thereafter. That happened to five of us on here. Three of us are now at Penn! So, no giving up, people!


Do you think decisions will be today or tomorrow?!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests