Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you applying

September
22
8%
October
72
28%
November
69
27%
December
44
17%
January
45
17%
February
7
3%
 
Total votes: 259

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 am

UR2 yesterday :shock: (1/6, also are they really working the weekend??)

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:12 pm

PostNihilist wrote:UR2 yesterday :shock: (1/6, also are they really working the weekend??)


Oh damn looks like I’m status checking every day now.

thingy

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby thingy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 am

According to Penns website
" For Round 2, Early Decision applicants must take the LSAT no later than December of the application year and submit the application by January 7.
Additionally, the Office of Admissions must receive all required supporting documents, including theLSAC Credential Assembly Service report and letters of recommendation, by December 1 for Round 1 and by January 15 for Round 2."
I called up Penn a few days ago and they confirmed that the LOR's, personal statement, and CAS report have until the 15th.
I filled out the application forms and uploaded ED form today. I have not yet uploaded my LOR's, personal statement, and resume, and my CAS report is not yet ready. My understanding was that this was enough to meet the deadline if the 7th. However, I was unable to pay the application fee and click submit. I'm confused as to whether I have met the Jan 7th deadline or not? Please clarify.

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 am

thingy wrote:According to Penns website
" For Round 2, Early Decision applicants must take the LSAT no later than December of the application year and submit the application by January 7.
Additionally, the Office of Admissions must receive all required supporting documents, including theLSAC Credential Assembly Service report and letters of recommendation, by December 1 for Round 1 and by January 15 for Round 2."
I called up Penn a few days ago and they confirmed that the LOR's, personal statement, and CAS report have until the 15th.
I filled out the application forms and uploaded ED form today. I have not yet uploaded my LOR's, personal statement, and resume, and my CAS report is not yet ready. My understanding was that this was enough to meet the deadline if the 7th. However, I was unable to pay the application fee and click submit. I'm confused as to whether I have met the Jan 7th deadline or not? Please clarify.

I'm going to vote no on this; if it didn't submit on or before the 7th for whatever reason, it missed the deadline.

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:01 pm

thingy wrote:According to Penns website
" For Round 2, Early Decision applicants must take the LSAT no later than December of the application year and submit the application by January 7.
Additionally, the Office of Admissions must receive all required supporting documents, including theLSAC Credential Assembly Service report and letters of recommendation, by December 1 for Round 1 and by January 15 for Round 2."
I called up Penn a few days ago and they confirmed that the LOR's, personal statement, and CAS report have until the 15th.
I filled out the application forms and uploaded ED form today. I have not yet uploaded my LOR's, personal statement, and resume, and my CAS report is not yet ready. My understanding was that this was enough to meet the deadline if the 7th. However, I was unable to pay the application fee and click submit. I'm confused as to whether I have met the Jan 7th deadline or not? Please clarify.


Maybe you submitted it at like 1 AM in California when it would be past the deadline ET.

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Also -- UR1! Something's happening!

thingy

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby thingy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:57 pm

dietcoked wrote:
thingy wrote:According to Penns website
" For Round 2, Early Decision applicants must take the LSAT no later than December of the application year and submit the application by January 7.
Additionally, the Office of Admissions must receive all required supporting documents, including theLSAC Credential Assembly Service report and letters of recommendation, by December 1 for Round 1 and by January 15 for Round 2."
I called up Penn a few days ago and they confirmed that the LOR's, personal statement, and CAS report have until the 15th.
I filled out the application forms and uploaded ED form today. I have not yet uploaded my LOR's, personal statement, and resume, and my CAS report is not yet ready. My understanding was that this was enough to meet the deadline if the 7th. However, I was unable to pay the application fee and click submit. I'm confused as to whether I have met the Jan 7th deadline or not? Please clarify.


Maybe you submitted it at like 1 AM in California when it would be past the deadline ET.


Nope. I tried submitting at 11 EST

AndyNewMan9240

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AndyNewMan9240 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 pm

thingy wrote:
dietcoked wrote:
thingy wrote:According to Penns website
" For Round 2, Early Decision applicants must take the LSAT no later than December of the application year and submit the application by January 7.
Additionally, the Office of Admissions must receive all required supporting documents, including theLSAC Credential Assembly Service report and letters of recommendation, by December 1 for Round 1 and by January 15 for Round 2."
I called up Penn a few days ago and they confirmed that the LOR's, personal statement, and CAS report have until the 15th.
I filled out the application forms and uploaded ED form today. I have not yet uploaded my LOR's, personal statement, and resume, and my CAS report is not yet ready. My understanding was that this was enough to meet the deadline if the 7th. However, I was unable to pay the application fee and click submit. I'm confused as to whether I have met the Jan 7th deadline or not? Please clarify.


Maybe you submitted it at like 1 AM in California when it would be past the deadline ET.


Nope. I tried submitting at 11 EST


Under a textual analysis of the phrasing/wording of what you wrote concerning the January 7th/15th deadlines, the application is due on the 7th ("application" defined as merely the paperwork you fill out entitled "Penn Law Application" (or some other such phrase)), while the remainder of your documents (that ones that accompany your application (like LOR and CAS report)) are due on the 15th. The confusion appears to lie in the two definitions of the word "application", one of which is merely the paperwork entitled "Application" and the other of which is the paperwork entitled "Application" PLUS supporting documents (LOR, CAS report, etc.).

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby hbdash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 pm

dietcoked wrote:Also -- UR1! Something's happening!

When did you apply/go complete? And are you RD or ED?

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 am

Wave today? Maybe?
Last edited by NavyNuke on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 am

NavyNuke wrote:Wave today? Maybe?

Fingers are crossed but I'm thinking thurs/fri

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 am

PostNihilist wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:Wave today? Maybe?

Fingers are crossed but I'm thinking thurs/fri


Please be psychic. Either way. This week would be amazing.

Eman1994

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Eman1994 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 am

Just looked at the Status Checker at it said "Under Committee Review". Is this any different from being "Under Review"? If so is it positive or negative? Lastly, how close am I to receiving a decision?

LSNlife

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LSNlife » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 am

Eman1994 wrote:Just looked at the Status Checker at it said "Under Committee Review". Is this any different from being "Under Review"? If so is it positive or negative? Lastly, how close am I to receiving a decision?


Nope, no difference, and generally speaking people go UCR1 and UCR2 before receiving a decision.

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Any ED 2 people get any status checker updates?

User avatar
walks

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby walks » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
PostNihilist wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:Wave today? Maybe?

Fingers are crossed but I'm thinking thurs/fri


Please be psychic. Either way. This week would be amazing.


Here's hoping. I just went UR 2.
Last edited by walks on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Question... does a date change mean UR2?? I'm ED2 but I just got UR1 yesterday 1/8 and now there's a date change??

loisisinla

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby loisisinla » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 pm

dietcoked wrote:Question... does a date change mean UR2?? I'm ED2 but I just got UR1 yesterday 1/8 and now there's a date change??
Same here

User avatar
the lsat failure

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby the lsat failure » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:28 am

So I've been under "Application Received And Processing" since 12/23, with the Requirements List bar in red, possibly due to the "Early Decision Agreement" box and "only needed if applied early decision" not being checked off. I was wondering if this should be cause for concern?

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 am

the lsat failure wrote:So I've been under "Application Received And Processing" since 12/23, with the Requirements List bar in red, possibly due to the "Early Decision Agreement" box and "only needed if applied early decision" not being checked off. I was wondering if this should be cause for concern?


I think you have the 15th to get in your early decision agreement. Did you attach one to your app?

User avatar
the lsat failure

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby the lsat failure » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 am

dietcoked wrote:
the lsat failure wrote:So I've been under "Application Received And Processing" since 12/23, with the Requirements List bar in red, possibly due to the "Early Decision Agreement" box and "only needed if applied early decision" not being checked off. I was wondering if this should be cause for concern?


I think you have the 15th to get in your early decision agreement. Did you attach one to your app?


I applied RD, which is why I am concerned because the Requirements List bar is still red and I have been stuck at the "Application Received And Processing" for quite some time...

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 am

loisisinla wrote:
dietcoked wrote:Question... does a date change mean UR2?? I'm ED2 but I just got UR1 yesterday 1/8 and now there's a date change??
Same here

First time it says "Under Committee Review" is UR1
When the status date changes, it's UR2

sarahbelle6

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby sarahbelle6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 am

dietcoked wrote:Question... does a date change mean UR2?? I'm ED2 but I just got UR1 yesterday 1/8 and now there's a date change??


Same here as well

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 am

PostNihilist wrote:
loisisinla wrote:
dietcoked wrote:Question... does a date change mean UR2?? I'm ED2 but I just got UR1 yesterday 1/8 and now there's a date change??
Same here

First time it says "Under Committee Review" is UR1
When the status date changes, it's UR2


Ah, ok. That’s what I thought. I was just surprised at the quick status change.

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby albinododobird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 am

the lsat failure wrote:
dietcoked wrote:
the lsat failure wrote:So I've been under "Application Received And Processing" since 12/23, with the Requirements List bar in red, possibly due to the "Early Decision Agreement" box and "only needed if applied early decision" not being checked off. I was wondering if this should be cause for concern?


I think you have the 15th to get in your early decision agreement. Did you attach one to your app?


I applied RD, which is why I am concerned because the Requirements List bar is still red and I have been stuck at the "Application Received And Processing" for quite some time...

I'm pretty sure you're fine. The bar is red and it doesn't change color. I'm UCR2 since 12/11 and the bar is still red.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests