Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you applying

September
22
8%
October
72
28%
November
70
27%
December
44
17%
January
45
17%
February
7
3%
 
Total votes: 260

pizzapocky

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby pizzapocky » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:16 pm

pizzapocky wrote:
cwasser3 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:GOT INTO PENN LAW DUCHESS STRIKES AGAIN


Congrats everyone who got in so far! Is it just a call or do you also get an email/status checker change?


Thank you! Looks like just phone calls (at least domestically). No email or status checker changes so far for me.


Congratulations to everyone who heard today and good luck to everyone still waiting!
For posterity, I just noticed my status checker changed to "Offer of Admission."

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:40 pm

pizzapocky wrote:
pizzapocky wrote:
cwasser3 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:GOT INTO PENN LAW DUCHESS STRIKES AGAIN


Congrats everyone who got in so far! Is it just a call or do you also get an email/status checker change?


Thank you! Looks like just phone calls (at least domestically). No email or status checker changes so far for me.


Congratulations to everyone who heard today and good luck to everyone still waiting!
For posterity, I just noticed my status checker changed to "Offer of Admission."


I doubt there are three more beautiful words in the English language

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
pizzapocky wrote:
pizzapocky wrote:
cwasser3 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:GOT INTO PENN LAW DUCHESS STRIKES AGAIN


Congrats everyone who got in so far! Is it just a call or do you also get an email/status checker change?


Thank you! Looks like just phone calls (at least domestically). No email or status checker changes so far for me.


Congratulations to everyone who heard today and good luck to everyone still waiting!
For posterity, I just noticed my status checker changed to "Offer of Admission."


I doubt there are three more beautiful words in the English language


+1. Really can't think of any

rorobobo

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rorobobo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am

.
Last edited by rorobobo on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:08 am

167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 am

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ravenclaw12

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ravenclaw12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Does anyone know how many RD December waves there were last year? Would the next one likely not be until January?

I'm also UCR2 11/30 with no phone call yesterday...it seems like a bad sign.

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.

is it possible to switch an RD app to ED? considering this as well. is there a significant ED boost for Penn?

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:55 pm

ersd27106 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.

is it possible to switch an RD app to ED? considering this as well. is there a significant ED boost for Penn?


I don't know if you can switch, but based on my personal experience there is an ED boost. I just got accepted with a 164 LSAT and I think I saw someone on Reddit get in ED with lower (but they had a higher GPA). However, depending on your stats you might not have to ED and it basically takes you out of consideration for a scholarship.

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 am

Platopus wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.


I don't think it's worth it to ED. You have a good shot as it is. Just be patient. There's no reason to panic. You'll likely get in, but with this competitive cycle, you might just have to wait a little longer.


Thanks for the insight! I've been getting a little anxious because I've had zero movement aside from the Cornell request and a waitlist at Berk. I'm going to try and wait it out and just hope my less than stellar LSAT has put me in the last stack of admits.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 am

Slawthschool wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.


I don't think it's worth it to ED. You have a good shot as it is. Just be patient. There's no reason to panic. You'll likely get in, but with this competitive cycle, you might just have to wait a little longer.


Thanks for the insight! I've been getting a little anxious because I've had zero movement aside from the Cornell request and a waitlist at Berk. I'm going to try and wait it out and just hope my less than stellar LSAT has put me in the last stack of admits.


Yeah, you have a beautiful GPA and Penn tends to favor reverse-splitters in general. Don't ED because definitely have a good chance at getting off the WL at Berk.

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KPUSN07 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 am

ersd27106 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.

is it possible to switch an RD app to ED? considering this as well. is there a significant ED boost for Penn?


I don't think it is possible to swap RD to ED - has to be submitted ED at submission.

AndyNewMan9240

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AndyNewMan9240 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.


I'll bet you all the money in the world that if you call Penn and asked them to change your application to early decision, they'd say yes, and it would boost your chances of acceptance significantly. Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll be waitlisted, which is a horrible process for pretty much all schools.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 pm

AndyNewMan9240 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.


I'll bet you all the money in the world that if you call Penn and asked them to change your application to early decision, they'd say yes, and it would boost your chances of acceptance significantly. Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll be waitlisted, which is a horrible process for pretty much all schools.

Honestly, I'm not sure he/she will be waitlisted. I got in with a lower GPA and lower LSAT. I was ED, but there might be a difference between ED1 and ED2. Of course we don't know what the rest of his/her application looks like, but that is a solid GPA.

User avatar
sharris2017

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby sharris2017 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:59 pm

AndyNewMan9240 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.


I'll bet you all the money in the world that if you call Penn and asked them to change your application to early decision, they'd say yes, and it would boost your chances of acceptance significantly. Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll be waitlisted, which is a horrible process for pretty much all schools.


Horrible move. Do not go to ED. You have a good chance of getting in.

User avatar
chrysippusofsoli

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:07 pm

sharris2017 wrote:
AndyNewMan9240 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:167 3.98 UCR2 11/30 no phone call yesterday, hoping to be in the next wave because I really love Penn but also considering swapping my app to ED2.


I'll bet you all the money in the world that if you call Penn and asked them to change your application to early decision, they'd say yes, and it would boost your chances of acceptance significantly. Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll be waitlisted, which is a horrible process for pretty much all schools.


Horrible move. Do not go to ED. You have a good chance of getting in.


+1.

User avatar
sharris2017

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby sharris2017 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Do we think we'll have another wave this week? UR2 on 12/11.

User avatar
chrysippusofsoli

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:51 pm

sharris2017 wrote:Do we think we'll have another wave this week? UR2 on 12/11.


I hope so, but I'm not optimistic. (I was UR2 on 12/5, and still waiting.)

curvybanana63

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby curvybanana63 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:48 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
sharris2017 wrote:Do we think we'll have another wave this week? UR2 on 12/11.


I hope so, but I'm not optimistic. (I was UR2 on 12/5, and still waiting.)


Based on their twitter it seems like they like to do decisions on Fridays... so cautiously optimistic for another one this Friday.

Bojack93

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bojack93 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:04 pm

curvybanana63 wrote: Based on their twitter it seems like they like to do decisions on Fridays... so cautiously optimistic for another one this Friday.


While that predictability would be nice, last year their first few rounds were:

Tuesday, 12/13 (ED)
Tuesday, 12/20
Thursday, 1/12
Monday, 1/23
Friday, 1/27 (ED2)
Friday, 2/3
Wednesday, 2/8

curvybanana63

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby curvybanana63 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Bojack93 wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote: Based on their twitter it seems like they like to do decisions on Fridays... so cautiously optimistic for another one this Friday.


While that predictability would be nice, last year their first few rounds were:

Tuesday, 12/13 (ED)
Tuesday, 12/20
Thursday, 1/12
Monday, 1/23
Friday, 1/27 (ED2)
Friday, 2/3
Wednesday, 2/8


Yeah i was just about to say the same thing.. i scrolled back farther and RD decisions actually seem pretty random.

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Just went UCR1. Complete 11/22.

User avatar
JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Went from UR1->UR2 in like a week. Hopefully a good sign. Also the only app movement I've seen in like a month...
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missmiabuttface

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby missmiabuttface » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Bojack93 wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote: Based on their twitter it seems like they like to do decisions on Fridays... so cautiously optimistic for another one this Friday.


While that predictability would be nice, last year their first few rounds were:

Tuesday, 12/13 (ED)
Tuesday, 12/20
Thursday, 1/12
Monday, 1/23
Friday, 1/27 (ED2)
Friday, 2/3
Wednesday, 2/8


Thanks for the info! Do you mind linking where the info came from? I can't seem to find the page.

spicysalmonroll

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spicysalmonroll » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Is it a good sign if you move from complete to UR1 in just a few days? I went complete on 12/14, UR1 on 12/18.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: guanshi, Majestic-12 [Bot], TheLaw1995 and 15 guests