Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bostongal

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby bostongal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 am

Waitlisted.. :shock:

Agree with post above. I’m 164 with a very slightly lower gpa.
If I had maybe 0.1 more gpa I would have been in a better position.. just a guess

sophcap

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:11 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby sophcap » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 am


NukinFutz

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NukinFutz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Dinged with a 161, a 3.52 and a 4.14 degree GPA at one of the top national schools.

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KPUSN07 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:33 pm

I am curious on how many folks are accepted via WL... I know impossible to predict, but wondering if there is a trend

jibrahim23

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jibrahim23 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:14 pm

I submitted early October and still have not heard anything. Anyone else in this boat?

OtisRedding24

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby OtisRedding24 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Any guesses when we'll hear back on the public interest scholarship?

nina2018

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nina2018 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Got the call! Submitted late Nov/early Dec

User avatar
Eleven

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Eleven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm

NukinFutz wrote:Dinged with a 161, a 3.52 and a 4.14 degree GPA at one of the top national schools.


Both your numbers are exactly at the 25ths, so I'm assuming the odds of acceptance were even less than 5%.

NukinFutz

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NukinFutz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Eleven wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:Dinged with a 161, a 3.52 and a 4.14 degree GPA at one of the top national schools.


Both your numbers are exactly at the 25ths, so I'm assuming the odds of acceptance were even less than 5%.


Did I make a claim as to what my odds were? Did I suggest I should have gotten in? Did I say that I was above the 25ths? Are you mentally defunct?

User avatar
Eleven

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Eleven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
Eleven wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:Dinged with a 161, a 3.52 and a 4.14 degree GPA at one of the top national schools.


Both your numbers are exactly at the 25ths, so I'm assuming the odds of acceptance were even less than 5%.


And you base your claim on knowing next to nothing about me in your infinite wisdom as a TLS troll? Did I make a claim as to what my odds were? Did I suggest I should have gotten in? Did I say that I was above the 25ths? Are you mentally defunct?



Nothing I said was a personal attack. But in all honesty, it doesn't matter if you are an astronaut, an Olympic gold medalist, or cured cancer. The odds of acceptance at any school below both medians is less than 10% regardless of anything else on your application. Period.

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AvatarMeelo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 am

Eleven wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:


I’m probably going to regret hopping in... but I’m guessing that NukinFutz just didn’t appreciate the unsolicited evaluation of their stats. SO, maybe before this exchange continues, we leave it at that and just cross our fingers for people still waiting to hear back - positive thoughts!!
Last edited by AvatarMeelo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gecko18

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gecko18 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 am

jibrahim23 wrote:I submitted early October and still have not heard anything. Anyone else in this boat?

Me neither. I was hoping to hear by now, but I guess we just wait it out. Good luck!

User avatar
Eleven

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Eleven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 am

AvatarMeelo wrote:
Eleven wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:


I’m probably going to regret hopping in... but I’m guessing that NukinFutz just didn’t appreciate the unsolicited evaluation of their stats. SO, maybe before this exchange continues, we leave it at that and just cross our fingers for people still waiting to hear back - positive thoughts!!


+180

mcmviii

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mcmviii » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Just got (missed actually, oops) the call! Submitted 26 Dec, complete 04 Jan, this was so fast I'm shocked!

covfefe

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby covfefe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Just got the call! Admitted! Submitted 12/22, complete 1/6. First acceptance and a wildly fast turnaround compared to what I was expecting, especially since I'm a splitter. Stats in profile!

ShakeAndBake

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ShakeAndBake » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:35 pm

gecko18 wrote:
jibrahim23 wrote:I submitted early October and still have not heard anything. Anyone else in this boat?

Me neither. I was hoping to hear by now, but I guess we just wait it out. Good luck!


Submitted end of October, 168 3.2x, same boat as you!

User avatar
Eleven

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Eleven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Accepted today via phone call. I submitted 12/11, went complete on 12/13.

User avatar
Oneanddone?

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Oneanddone? » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 pm

In as well. Over both 75ths. Very happy! Anyone accepted earlier know how long it typically takes to get the packet in the mail?

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby robin acrewood » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Oneanddone? wrote:In as well. Over both 75ths. Very happy! Anyone accepted earlier know how long it typically takes to get the packet in the mail?

I received mine about a week after being accepted.

User avatar
Oneanddone?

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Oneanddone? » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm

robin acrewood wrote:
Oneanddone? wrote:In as well. Over both 75ths. Very happy! Anyone accepted earlier know how long it typically takes to get the packet in the mail?

I received mine about a week after being accepted.

Thank you so much!

mmart207

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mmart207 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Got the call yesterday, in! 3.7 and 157. Hoping to hear about scholarship info soon.

Sullanfield

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Sullanfield » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:43 pm

In as of 1.16, sorry for late notice. Above both 75ths, got the scholarship info a few days after the (missed) call.

The money's going to make it really hard to go elsewhere but I'm down with Boston in any case.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 pm

I am feeling very much ghosted by BU...
Splitter but way above 75th LSAT, hair below 25th GPA. Complete in October. MyLSN had me at 100% which I am increasingly sure is going to be inaccurate.

User avatar
jellyjar

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jellyjar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I am feeling very much ghosted by BU...
Splitter but way above 75th LSAT, hair below 25th GPA. Complete in October. MyLSN had me at 100% which I am increasingly sure is going to be inaccurate.

Literally same, Im also above 75th lsat and 25 GPA 50, and submitted early November, so I thought it would be pretty likely... I'm trying to decide if a "Why BU" would be helpful in any sort of movement on my app one way or the other. Did you write one?

mmart207

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mmart207 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 pm

jellyjar wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:I am feeling very much ghosted by BU...
Splitter but way above 75th LSAT, hair below 25th GPA. Complete in October. MyLSN had me at 100% which I am increasingly sure is going to be inaccurate.

Literally same, Im also above 75th lsat and 25 GPA 50, and submitted early November, so I thought it would be pretty likely... I'm trying to decide if a "Why BU" would be helpful in any sort of movement on my app one way or the other. Did you write one?

They seem to be very GPA picky this cycle. I was at the 50th for GPA and below the 25th for LSAT and I was accepted relatively quickly. When I look at LSN they seem to be waitlisting/rejecting people with strong LSATs but lower than 50th GPAs.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests