Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

You just want a pretty Stanford to notice you, so you're taking to Instagram to post...

A selfie in a Stanford hat, Stanford sweatshirt, waving a Stanford flag, taken on the Stanford campus
8
13%
A casual photo from Cambridge, Mass. because jealousy is your friend
16
25%
That photo you got with Mark Zuckerberg during your Facebook internship
1
2%
That photo you got with Jesse Eisenberg + a witty caption thanking him for your Facebook internship
1
2%
A photo of rare books you haven't read with a vintage filter #learned
15
23%
A photo of you with nothing but a Stanford flag draped carefully over your body #comeatmecensors
18
28%
Already have my acceptance letter, so I'll just Insta that with some sunglass emojis ;)
5
8%
 
Total votes: 64

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Under review! Also submitted KH

lobsicle

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby lobsicle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH


What is the text of your status checker?

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 pm

lobsicle wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH


What is the text of your status checker?


"Your file has been submitted for review"

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:37 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH


When did you submit?

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH


When did you submit?


Transmitted my app in the beginning of September; my recs all came in by September 31. Also submitted KH in August.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby principalagent » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
"Your file has been submitted for review"


Oh I didn’t realize that was UR1. I just assumed that meant it’s complete and just kinda hanging out.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH


What is the text of your status checker?


"Your file has been submitted for review"


I checked the Stanford board from previous years and the consensus is that "File submitted for review" is the Stanford way of saying "File complete." I'm no expert though!

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:29 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH


What is the text of your status checker?


"Your file has been submitted for review"


I checked the Stanford board from previous years and the consensus is that "File submitted for review" is the Stanford way of saying "File complete." I'm no expert though!


That might be true. It went from "File Incomplete" to "submitted for review" - minor details I guess; I just want that answer!

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Just got an email from admissions. My file went to under review that quickly because I am a KH applicant. The exact words:

"We have completed your file for review as of yesterday because you are a Knight-Hennessy applicant."

Posting it here FWIW

nyc2dc

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:38 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby nyc2dc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Status changed to "Your file has been submitted for review"

I am also a KH applicant but I haven't received an email explaining why my status changed to under review.

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby ayylmao » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 am

Hey guys, I'm a Stanford 1L taking questions in this thread over here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=282783

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby #gobroncos » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 am

nyc2dc wrote:I am also a KH applicant but I haven't received an email explaining why my status changed to under review.


Nor have I. I wouldn't worry about it. The Knight-Hennessy program says that everyone will find out on December 15th, and Stanford seems to do its first round of decisions in January, so I figure we're just cooling our heels for awhile here and don't have anything to get worked up about until mid-December rolls around.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby Platopus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:45 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby principalagent » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:57 am

Platopus wrote:Hey everyone, so while bored as hell on a Saturday night I did some playing around on MyLSN with some curious results. I plugged in my score range and received the following for Stanford

Image

I then bumped the LSAT by just one point, and things look drastically different:

Image

Sample sizes are pretty small, but not ridiculously small, and the difference between each graph is pretty pronounced. What is going on here? Am I reading into this too much or is there a reason Stanford would waitlist more people with a higher score?


I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby #gobroncos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am

principalagent wrote:
I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.


I do also wonder to what extent complacency really does set in among folks with really great numbers. We’d never be able to actually know or quantify that, but maybe it really is that better applicants tend more toward laziness or even self-aggrandizement in their PS, etc. making them WL candidates rather than admits even as folks with lower numbers get in.

black_mirror

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby black_mirror » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
principalagent wrote:
I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.


I do also wonder to what extent complacency really does set in among folks with really great numbers. We’d never be able to actually know or quantify that, but maybe it really is that better applicants tend more toward laziness or even self-aggrandizement in their PS, etc. making them WL candidates rather than admits even as folks with lower numbers get in.


The solution would be to write your PS before getting ur LSAT score ;)

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby maybeman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm

black_mirror wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:
principalagent wrote:
I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.


I do also wonder to what extent complacency really does set in among folks with really great numbers. We’d never be able to actually know or quantify that, but maybe it really is that better applicants tend more toward laziness or even self-aggrandizement in their PS, etc. making them WL candidates rather than admits even as folks with lower numbers get in.


The solution would be to write your PS before getting ur LSAT score ;)

Have you guys noticed the discrepancy between the LSN GPA/LSAT grid and MyLSN? I don't know if I'm plugging things in incorrectly or they somehow use different data sets, but the acceptance percentages are different. MyLSN is way more optimistic about my numbers
Last edited by maybeman on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chaimthegreat

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby Chaimthegreat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Platopus wrote:Sample sizes are pretty small, but not ridiculously small, and the difference between each graph is pretty pronounced. What is going on here? Am I reading into this too much or is there a reason Stanford would waitlist more people with a higher score?


I'll be the first person to tell you I am not an expert on mylsn- but that sample size is small.

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby urmlaw17 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 am

I have a LSAC Fee waiver for applications.

I have my Stanford application ready and noticed that my application fee was not being waived. I was refreshing my page thinking it was a glitch but then realized that Stanford does not accept LSAC Fee Waiver.

Anyone have success getting it waived?

User avatar
TheKingLives

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby TheKingLives » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 am

.
Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby #gobroncos » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 am

TheKingLives wrote:Not applying but whomever made the last option on the poll (#gobroncos?) is my hero. lmao


Appreciate you. :mrgreen:

I’m racing to get to 100 posts so that I can put pictures back in, clean up the OP with a few spoilers, AND a new poll.

black_mirror

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby black_mirror » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 am

urmlaw17 wrote:I have a LSAC Fee waiver for applications.

I have my Stanford application ready and noticed that my application fee was not being waived. I was refreshing my page thinking it was a glitch but then realized that Stanford does not accept LSAC Fee Waiver.

Anyone have success getting it waived?


I think they have a separate form that you can fill in.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm

black_mirror wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:I have a LSAC Fee waiver for applications.

I have my Stanford application ready and noticed that my application fee was not being waived. I was refreshing my page thinking it was a glitch but then realized that Stanford does not accept LSAC Fee Waiver.

Anyone have success getting it waived?


I think they have a separate form that you can fill in.


They do. I thought it was a hassle so I just paid the $100.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby Platopus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:12 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelac

Bronze
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Postby rachelac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:15 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
principalagent wrote:
I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.


I do also wonder to what extent complacency really does set in among folks with really great numbers. We’d never be able to actually know or quantify that, but maybe it really is that better applicants tend more toward laziness or even self-aggrandizement in their PS, etc. making them WL candidates rather than admits even as folks with lower numbers get in.


Plus maybe people with numbers that strong usually apply as K-JD? If I'd had a slightly higher GPA I might've been more likely to consider it, but it seems like Stanford really likes WE



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jedacruz and 18 guests