Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

You just want a pretty Stanford to notice you, so you're taking to Instagram to post...

A selfie in a Stanford hat, Stanford sweatshirt, waving a Stanford flag, taken on the Stanford campus
12%
A casual photo from Cambridge, Mass. because jealousy is your friend
24%
That photo you got with Mark Zuckerberg during your Facebook internship
3%
That photo you got with Jesse Eisenberg + a witty caption thanking him for your Facebook internship
3%
A photo of rare books you haven't read with a vintage filter #learned
24%
A photo of you with nothing but a Stanford flag draped carefully over your body #comeatmecensors
27%
Already have my acceptance letter, so I'll just Insta that with some sunglass emojis ;)
7%

Total votes: 67

#gobroncos

Bronze

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Post by #gobroncos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
SuckMyLSN wrote:
minsnail wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Has someone who got rejected by KH been accepted by SLS so far?
hello, it's me
Ditto.
I would have preferred not to hear this, but still.. CONGRATS TO BOTH!
Forgive me if I’m being dumb but what’s KH?
Knight Hennessy - It's a full ride + living stipend + health insurance + summer funding + extra special clubhouse scholarship that Stanford started this year. It didn't seem that anyone who posts on TLS actually got it. The scholarship is available for any grad program that lasts at least 2 years, I believe.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:24 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
SuckMyLSN wrote:
minsnail wrote:
hello, it's me
Ditto.
Knight Hennessy - It's a full ride + living stipend + health insurance + summer funding + extra special clubhouse scholarship that Stanford started this year. It didn't seem that anyone who posts on TLS actually got it. The scholarship is available for any grad program that lasts at least 2 years, I believe.
Oh wow. Thank you!

jkander31

Bronze

Post by jkander31 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
SuckMyLSN wrote:
minsnail wrote:
hello, it's me
Ditto.

Knight Hennessy

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 pm

For what it’s worth, I have a (domestic) friend who’s a finalist, but he’s not a law school applicant.

FriedChickenHero

New

Post by FriedChickenHero » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 am

Congrats to everyone admitted! Submitted in September... No word yet :( :( :( Think I will give up hope at this point.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

purpleplatypus

New

Post by purpleplatypus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:25 pm

FriedChickenHero wrote:Congrats to everyone admitted! Submitted in September... No word yet :( :( :( Think I will give up hope at this point.
I submitted in September too! (though it's worth noting that my file didn't actually go complete until the beginning of October because Stanford asked me to send them a study abroad transcript.) I don't think we should give up hope yet. Looking at previous cycles, there were some people who applied in September and got in in February and March. Last year, someone who went complete on October 1 was admitted on April 6. There is still plenty of time! Keep your chin up and don't give up hope.

H2M211

New

Post by H2M211 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 pm

purpleplatypus wrote:
FriedChickenHero wrote:Congrats to everyone admitted! Submitted in September... No word yet :( :( :( Think I will give up hope at this point.
I submitted in September too! (though it's worth noting that my file didn't actually go complete until the beginning of October because Stanford asked me to send them a study abroad transcript.) I don't think we should give up hope yet. Looking at previous cycles, there were some people who applied in September and got in in February and March. Last year, someone who went complete on October 1 was admitted on April 6. There is still plenty of time! Keep your chin up and don't give up hope.

Question--were your study abroad grades at all reflected in the transcript already included in your application? Did they reach out and ask you for it or did you reach out to them?

Asking because I submitted on January 3/4 and haven't gotten notice of completion yet...

Thanks!

purpleplatypus

New

Post by purpleplatypus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 am

H2M211 wrote:
purpleplatypus wrote:

Question--were your study abroad grades at all reflected in the transcript already included in your application? Did they reach out and ask you for it or did you reach out to them?

Asking because I submitted on January 3/4 and haven't gotten notice of completion yet...

Thanks!
Yes, my study abroad grades were reflected on my undergraduate transcript. Since I just studied abroad for a quarter, I didn’t think I would need a separate study abroad transcript. When I looked at the Stanford status checker, I saw that my application was incomplete because they didn’t have the SA transcript. I sent an email to the admissions office asking how they would like m to send the transcript, and they told me to have my SA institution send the transcript directly to them. Stanford is the only school I applied to that requested a separate transcript for study abroad.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 am

FWIW I haven't heard back yet. Not sure silence at this point means ding-ification. At least I hope not

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

H2M211

New

Post by H2M211 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 am

I STILL haven't received a status checking after submitting on January 4. When should I freak out/contact them?

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 am

H2M211 wrote:I STILL haven't received a status checking after submitting on January 4. When should I freak out/contact them?
My devilish side says that you should have freaked out several days ago and should call them at least 10 times and send 5 emails tomorrow, first thing. :twisted: :D I am sure you will get it. In any event, Stanford takes their time. The delay is actually saving you time and anguish from checking the status check 5 times a day.

H2M211

New

Post by H2M211 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 am

Ha—thanks for sparing me. I ended up getting it last night and my file has been submitted for review :wink:

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:53 pm

H2M211 wrote:Ha—thanks for sparing me. I ended up getting it last night and my file has been submitted for review :wink:
Good! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gotmilk332

New

Post by gotmilk332 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:58 pm

H2M211 wrote:
purpleplatypus wrote:

Thanks!

I thought mine were but you should check in with them -- especially if the checkbox is not checked! They notified me that they wanted more explanation, which I didn't need for any other school. They're super friendly and helpful so feel free to reach out over phone or email. Once I sent in my study abroad transcript I went complete almost immediately.

pancakes4ever

New

Post by pancakes4ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Welp, just got "Decision Letter Sent" via status checker. Guess there's a ding or waitlist letter comin my way in the mail. Oh well, it was a good ride, good luck to everyone else!

chelseacarl4970

New

Post by chelseacarl4970 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:12 pm

pancakes4ever wrote:Welp, just got "Decision Letter Sent" via status checker. Guess there's a ding or waitlist letter comin my way in the mail. Oh well, it was a good ride, good luck to everyone else!
Do you mind sharing when you went UR?

pancakes4ever

New

Post by pancakes4ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

chelseacarl4970 wrote:
pancakes4ever wrote:Welp, just got "Decision Letter Sent" via status checker. Guess there's a ding or waitlist letter comin my way in the mail. Oh well, it was a good ride, good luck to everyone else!
September 12. To be fair, I'm under the 25th %ile for GPA and between 50th and 75th for LSAT, so I expected this outcome from the get-go

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm

pancakes4ever wrote:
chelseacarl4970 wrote:
September 12. To be fair, I'm under the 25th %ile for GPA and between 50th and 75th for LSAT, so I expected this outcome from the get-go
Do you know for sure it's bad news?
Last edited by NavyNuke on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 pm

NavyNuke wrote:Do you know for sure it's bad news?
Stanford always calls or emails acceptances before changing to DLS.

pancakes4ever

New

Post by pancakes4ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:21 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
pancakes4ever wrote:
chelseacarl4970 wrote:
Do you know for sure it's bad news?
I'm going off the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" TLS thread:

Stanford
Complete
Decision letter sent
Accepted: phone call
WL/dinged: snail mail
*Some people WL/dinged last cycle called after seeing DLS on the status checker and admissions told them their status so they didn't have to wait*

I never got a call, so I'd say there's a verrrrry high chance it's a waitlist or ding

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm

principalagent wrote:
Ok, thanks! Still under review for now, but I'm sure my ding is coming soon.
Last edited by NavyNuke on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
principalagent wrote:
RT

pancakes4ever

New

Post by pancakes4ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
principalagent wrote:
You never know - you could get a nice surprise! Best of luck to you :)

InvisiblePineapple

New

Post by InvisiblePineapple » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Many hugs to everyone who just got dinged or WL'ed via status checker. I'm sure you'll have plenty of other great choices!

If my application has been in for 2 months and I've survived this first round of cuts, should I take that as a moderately positive sign for me? I guess I've lived to fight another day?

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm

InvisiblePineapple wrote:Many hugs to everyone who just got dinged or WL'ed via status checker. I'm sure you'll have plenty of other great choices!

If my application has been in for 2 months and I've survived this first round of cuts, should I take that as a moderately positive sign for me? I guess I've lived to fight another day?
At the risk of sounding like a huge schmuck, I think there are no positive or negative signs until you hear one way or the other. Their admissions graph is pretty scattered.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”