Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

You just want a pretty Stanford to notice you, so you're taking to Instagram to post...

A selfie in a Stanford hat, Stanford sweatshirt, waving a Stanford flag, taken on the Stanford campus
12%
A casual photo from Cambridge, Mass. because jealousy is your friend
24%
That photo you got with Mark Zuckerberg during your Facebook internship
3%
That photo you got with Jesse Eisenberg + a witty caption thanking him for your Facebook internship
3%
A photo of rare books you haven't read with a vintage filter #learned
24%
A photo of you with nothing but a Stanford flag draped carefully over your body #comeatmecensors
27%
Already have my acceptance letter, so I'll just Insta that with some sunglass emojis ;)
7%

Total votes: 67

pancakes4ever

New

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Post by pancakes4ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm

InvisiblePineapple wrote:Many hugs to everyone who just got dinged or WL'ed via status checker. I'm sure you'll have plenty of other great choices!

If my application has been in for 2 months and I've survived this first round of cuts, should I take that as a moderately positive sign for me? I guess I've lived to fight another day?
Fight on, you beautiful pineapple, you

tortsilllustrated

New

Post by tortsilllustrated » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm

InvisiblePineapple wrote:Many hugs to everyone who just got dinged or WL'ed via status checker. I'm sure you'll have plenty of other great choices!

If my application has been in for 2 months and I've survived this first round of cuts, should I take that as a moderately positive sign for me? I guess I've lived to fight another day?

According to last years thread, they reject/wl in chronological order, but I’m not sure

pancakes4ever

New

Post by pancakes4ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm

tortsilllustrated wrote:

According to last years thread, they reject/wl in chronological order, but I’m not sure
Sounds about right - I went UR 9/12. I think I was first to be voted off the island this year

allezallez21

New

Post by allezallez21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Is there a status checker update after "submitted for review" but before decision rendered? Something like "actually under review?"

Aspire

New

Post by Aspire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 pm

How long does it take to get a status checker from the time they receive the application?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm

allezallez21 wrote:Is there a status checker update after "submitted for review" but before decision rendered? Something like "actually under review?"
I don’t think so, I went straight from submitted to DLS.

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:52 am

Still UR since 9/28

andysimbi

Bronze

Post by andysimbi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:58 am

InterLaw wrote:Still UR since 9/28
9/12 for me lol

LawSSS

New

Post by LawSSS » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

Just checked my status checker...I've never been so happy to see that I'm still under review, even if it's back in September. That was schrodinger's status checker for a while.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:55 am

LawSSS wrote:Just checked my status checker...I've never been so happy to see that I'm still under review, even if it's back in September. That was schrodinger's status checker for a while.
+1

Submitted late September too

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:38 pm

principalagent wrote:
LawSSS wrote:Just checked my status checker...I've never been so happy to see that I'm still under review, even if it's back in September. That was schrodinger's status checker for a while.
+1

+2

To be honest though, I really enjoyed NOT checking that status checker for the last three months. Now that I know that they've started dings, I can't seem to stop myself (but feel tremendous self-loathing). WEAK.

tinycatfriend

Bronze

Post by tinycatfriend » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:50 pm

principalagent wrote:
+1

Q; is there a difference between "submitted for review" and "under review"?

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:
principalagent wrote:
+1

For SLS's online status checker, "submitted for review" is the only status between "incomplete" and "decision letter sent." (Admits get the phone call before the status changes from "submitted for review" to "DLS".) So, "submitted for review" covers the typical "under review" status of other schools' checkers.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm

personpitch wrote:
tinycatfriend wrote:
principalagent wrote:
+1

For SLS's online status checker, "submitted for review" is the only status between "incomplete" and "decision letter sent." (Admits get the phone call before the status changes from "submitted for review" to "DLS".) So, "submitted for review" covers the typical "under review" status of other schools' checkers.
did you ever figure out your LSAT issue?

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 pm

etramak wrote:
personpitch wrote:
did you ever figure out your LSAT issue?
Well, I decided to not email them and to try to stop being so paranoid about them not receiving my Dec. LSAT score. So, kinda :D (Given that my app was marked incomplete for three weeks due to lacking a "valid LSAT score" and only changed after LSAC sent them an updated report once scores posted, I think I was just being overly neurotic.)

JosephFourier

New

Post by JosephFourier » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Any chance of a wave this week?

koi29

New

Post by koi29 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi everyone --

How long did it take for SLS to process your applications? I submitted 2 weeks ago (January 9) and received a confirmation of receipt that day, but still haven't received confirmation that my application is complete or a link to the status checker. It's the only school I applied to that isn't done processing my application, so I'm starting to get concerned :? Is this normal?

Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

H2M211

New

Post by H2M211 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:33 pm

It took me a while—more than 10 days.

theharleyquinn

New

Post by theharleyquinn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:50 pm

JosephFourier wrote:Any chance of a wave this week?
Feels like we are due at least one more wave before February and based on last year's 1/24 wave...feels like it should be this week. Maybe tomorrow?

austinlove

New

Post by austinlove » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:52 pm

as long as it isn't a waitlist wave! lol!

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 am

Did anyone here submit only 1 optional essay, as opposed to 2? Feels like I should have done 2, but couldn't think of anything to write for the second one.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jkander31

Bronze

Post by jkander31 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am

tuna_wasabi wrote:Did anyone here submit only 1 optional essay, as opposed to 2? Feels like I should have done 2, but couldn't think of anything to write for the second one.
I submitted one. I wrote the essay that discussed what books I would contribute to my town's library. There was no "and why?" in the prompt so I felt nervous about only putting the names of the book. I ended up writing an essay.

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:56 am

tuna_wasabi wrote:Did anyone here submit only 1 optional essay, as opposed to 2? Feels like I should have done 2, but couldn't think of anything to write for the second one.
I only did one. I had an addendum and a diversity statement so I felt like they already had a lot to read

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze

Post by MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm

I only did one, too. I exclusively wrote the songs I would want them to listen to lol. I was really excited about that one.

hg5710

New

Post by hg5710 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm

FYI according to reddit there's an admit wave happening rn

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”