ASU c/o 2021 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dylanca

New

Re: ASU c/o 2021 applicants

Post by dylanca » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:27 am

kippercd wrote:Anyone going to the admitted students event on the 15 of December?
I have my flight booked! I just need to get my airbnb. Still not sure if I am going to rent a car or just take Lyfts around. Definitely take advantage of the travel stipend if you're coming from outside of Phoenix.

Wllygkp

New

Post by Wllygkp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 am

dylanca wrote:
kippercd wrote:Anyone going to the admitted students event on the 15 of December?
I have my flight booked! I just need to get my airbnb. Still not sure if I am going to rent a car or just take Lyfts around. Definitely take advantage of the travel stipend if you're coming from outside of Phoenix.
I’m just gonna stay at a hotel within walking distance and get a cab to/from the airport.

lawgal2021

New

Post by lawgal2021 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Did everyone receive an email for acceptance or see it on the Status Checker first? I applied earlier this month and am eagerly awaiting a decision!

BobbyWarz

New

Post by BobbyWarz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Revelator 12 wrote:And. Lurking. Ends. Now.

Congrats on your respective acceptances!

I was also accepted yesterday - I spoke with their admissions rep at the DC LSAC Forum in July and thought why not apply?

Now that I'm in and drilling deeper into their employment stats, etc. I'm noticing that it's a real feeder into the Arizona market. Obviously regional schools are a great choice if you're dead set on the area, but is this not a great choice for someone looking to end up in a different market? The offer they made me was indeed generous so I don't want to discount the school, but I want to learn more about it from people besides admissions reps.

Again, congrats all!

Hi all,

I'm a current 3L at ASU. Congrats to those who've been accepted! For those of you wondering about out-of-state job placement, the short of it is that ASU is a great place to go if you want to work in Phoenix, but it does not preclude you from getting a job elsewhere. Especially as the school has gradually risen in the rankings, it seems to be turning an eye to out-of-state jobs more and more. I know of a few fellow 3Ls who are heading to L.A. & San Diego post-grad, one who is heading to Portland, and another who was getting interviews in Boston (and I think may have accepted a job there...). There is definitely an opportunity to go elsewhere, particularly on the West Coast and Rocky Mountain regions. That said, a good number of people who come here wanting to go elsewhere also end up deciding to stay, due to job offers/low cost of living/climate/etc....

Feel free to DM me with any questions. Ill do my best to respond to them all.

Wllygkp

New

Post by Wllygkp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:51 pm

lawgal2021 wrote:Did everyone receive an email for acceptance or see it on the Status Checker first? I applied earlier this month and am eagerly awaiting a decision!
I got a phone call, then an email, and finally a packet in the mail. Based on my own experience and from what others have posted, ASU seems to have a pretty good response time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kbf1995

New

Post by kbf1995 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 pm

In via phone call from the Dean! He said I will receive scholarship information with my official acceptance email. Good luck to everyone!

Revelator 12

New

Post by Revelator 12 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:01 am

BobbyWarz wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:And. Lurking. Ends. Now.

Congrats on your respective acceptances!

I was also accepted yesterday - I spoke with their admissions rep at the DC LSAC Forum in July and thought why not apply?

Now that I'm in and drilling deeper into their employment stats, etc. I'm noticing that it's a real feeder into the Arizona market. Obviously regional schools are a great choice if you're dead set on the area, but is this not a great choice for someone looking to end up in a different market? The offer they made me was indeed generous so I don't want to discount the school, but I want to learn more about it from people besides admissions reps.

Again, congrats all!

Hi all,

I'm a current 3L at ASU. Congrats to those who've been accepted! For those of you wondering about out-of-state job placement, the short of it is that ASU is a great place to go if you want to work in Phoenix, but it does not preclude you from getting a job elsewhere. Especially as the school has gradually risen in the rankings, it seems to be turning an eye to out-of-state jobs more and more. I know of a few fellow 3Ls who are heading to L.A. & San Diego post-grad, one who is heading to Portland, and another who was getting interviews in Boston (and I think may have accepted a job there...). There is definitely an opportunity to go elsewhere, particularly on the West Coast and Rocky Mountain regions. That said, a good number of people who come here wanting to go elsewhere also end up deciding to stay, due to job offers/low cost of living/climate/etc....

Feel free to DM me with any questions. Ill do my best to respond to them all.
Thanks for your comprehensive response! I’ll probably take you up on the DM offer when I have some more pointed questions.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm

In with a phone call from the Dean!

Edit: With $$ in the follow-up email.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawgal2021

New

Post by lawgal2021 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Did anyone else’s status checker date change before they got a decision? Mine went in review on 11-8, but the date changed today to 11-20. Any ideas why?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm

lawgal2021 wrote:Did anyone else’s status checker date change before they got a decision? Mine went in review on 11-8, but the date changed today to 11-20. Any ideas why?
I don't know how any of these schools use the in review dates, but my status didn't change until after I got the call that I was in.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawgal2021

New

Post by lawgal2021 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 pm

lawgal2021 wrote:Did anyone else’s status checker date change before they got a decision? Mine went in review on 11-8, but the date changed today to 11-20. Any ideas why?
I’m in! Just got the call from the dean!

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:49 pm

lawgal2021 wrote:
I’m in! Just got the call from the dean!
Congratulations!

apollo12

New

Post by apollo12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Accepted as well. Was in AZ this summer for a wedding and had time to go take a look at the facilities - they are gorgeous. Unfortunately, the 120 degree weather while I was there did not impress me :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cmoney $$

New

Post by Cmoney $$ » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:04 pm

I'll be attending. I booked my flight last week.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Cmoney $$ wrote:
I'll be attending. I booked my flight last week.
I just booked my flight as well.

JayDee21

New

Post by JayDee21 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 am

Hey all, in since September. Going to the admitted students program on December 15 - hope to see some of you there.

Wllygkp

New

Post by Wllygkp » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Anyone receive details/schedule for the admitted students program yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rllesueur

New

Post by Rllesueur » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm

So I went and toured the school about a week ago. Talked to the Dean of Admissions, Financial Aid, the Law School, and Career Services. I didn't realize there were so many deans at one school! Every single one of them was outstanding and seemed completely committed to helping achieve whatever my goals are. The issue for me is I want to work in Southern California, so I'm weighing whether or not going to a school in AZ with that end state is a mistake. They seem to think plugging me into the SoCal job market will be easy.

Still waiting to hear back from the CA schools I applied to, but I was thoroughly impressed with the staff at ASU!

kbf1995

New

Post by kbf1995 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Does anyone know how much travel assistance they are offering for admitted students day in December? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it on here!

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm

kbf1995 wrote:Does anyone know how much travel assistance they are offering for admitted students day in December? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it on here!
up to $500 for the flight
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dasseeker

New

Post by dasseeker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm shocked... I was just out right rejected to ASU. My stats are 166/3.37. I thought I was a lock for this school, and given that people with much lower stats were at least waitlisted, they must have seriously disliked me in order to flat out reject me. Unfortunately, it must have to do with Character and Fitness concerns. I am 5 years recovered from drug addiction, and I had numerous related legal charges (no convictions), which I obviously disclosed to them. I have been accepted by better schools that did not require me to disclose this information, but this is the first result I've had from a school that did require this disclosure. This is disheartening as the vast majority of schools I applied to did require full discloser. Fuck.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 pm

dasseeker wrote:I'm shocked... I was just out right rejected to ASU.
Sorry to hear that. It's hard to know how schools are going to take something like you're looking at in your application, so hopefully you'll have other options that can see past it. I think we're seeing some schools being harsher about various traits they would have accepted or waitlisted in the past due to the increase in the applicant pool this year (I got WL'd at a school that mylsn.info indicated was almost a lock with a scholly for my numbers), but it still sucks. The good news is, you already got acceptances in hand. I hope the rest of the cycle goes more your way.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spacecase

New

Post by Spacecase » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 am

Applied binding, went UR 12/6 still haven't heard back.
To those who've received decisions; did you get a call or email first?

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 am

Spacecase wrote:Applied binding, went UR 12/6 still haven't heard back.
To those who've received decisions; did you get a call or email first?
I got the call quite a bit before my email.

Also, I'm at the admitted students weekend. If anyone wants to meet up, PM me.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spacecase

New

Post by Spacecase » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:32 pm

How was students weekend?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”