Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When will first RD acceptances go out?

Week of the 4th. (ahhhhh! that's this week.)
6
11%
Week of the 11th.
19
35%
Week of the 18th. (My, aren't you the pessimist.)
20
36%
After Christmas. (bah-humbug.)
10
18%
 
Total votes: 55

ersd27106
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ersd27106 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 pm

GotLost wrote:just completed the interview right away. Felt great, hoping for the best.

what kinds of questions did they ask?

User avatar
GotLost
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby GotLost » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

.
Last edited by GotLost on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subpoenacolada
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby subpoenacolada » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Interview invite this morning!

User avatar
demos9
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby demos9 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:09 pm

ebrook93 wrote:
demos9 wrote:Just got the email inviting for a video interview!


ED or RD? Also, are you in or out of state?


RD, in-state. In Austin actually.

Casper195
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Casper195 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Video interview request! In-state, RD applicant.

Any tips on what to expect from people who have already done the interview?

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby dallinpackard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:39 pm

RD, in state, >25 GPA >75 LSAT just got an interview request!

User avatar
heyduchess
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby heyduchess » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:47 pm

dallinpackard wrote:RD, in state, >25 GPA >75 LSAT just got an interview request!


To clarify, your GPA is below the 25th and your LSAT is between the 50th and 75th?

User avatar
audrinainlaw
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 am

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby audrinainlaw » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 pm

heyduchess wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:RD, in state, >25 GPA >75 LSAT just got an interview request!


To clarify, your GPA is below the 25th and your LSAT is between the 50th and 75th?


I think he/she is between the 25th and median GPA but above the 75th LSAT? Congrats btw OP! Good luck with the interview.

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby dallinpackard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

audrinainlaw wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:RD, in state, >25 GPA >75 LSAT just got an interview request!


To clarify, your GPA is below the 25th and your LSAT is between the 50th and 75th?


I think he/she is between the 25th and median GPA but above the 75th LSAT? Congrats btw OP! Good luck with the interview.


Sorry for the confusion! GPA: 3.61 LSAT: 172
Thanks:)

User avatar
heyduchess
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby heyduchess » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:26 pm

dallinpackard wrote:
audrinainlaw wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:RD, in state, >25 GPA >75 LSAT just got an interview request!


To clarify, your GPA is below the 25th and your LSAT is between the 50th and 75th?


I think he/she is between the 25th and median GPA but above the 75th LSAT? Congrats btw OP! Good luck with the interview.


Sorry for the confusion! GPA: 3.61 LSAT: 172
Thanks:)


Oh so not at all and you still have great numbers. lolz

Congrats on your invite!

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby dallinpackard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:37 pm

heyduchess wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
audrinainlaw wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:RD, in state, >25 GPA >75 LSAT just got an interview request!


To clarify, your GPA is below the 25th and your LSAT is between the 50th and 75th?


I think he/she is between the 25th and median GPA but above the 75th LSAT? Congrats btw OP! Good luck with the interview.


Sorry for the confusion! GPA: 3.61 LSAT: 172
Thanks:)


Oh so not at all and you still have great numbers. lolz

Congrats on your invite!


No worries! That September retake definitely saved me. And thank you!

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby principalagent » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 am

Interview invite. RD, in-state, complete 10/2

ersd27106
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ersd27106 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 pm

finished interview this week, I wonder what the turnaround time for decisions will be..

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby dallinpackard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 pm

To answer any questions about what to wear for the interview, and what it means for decisions, here's some info I just received.

From Dave (UT adcomm I met at my school fair):

Receiving an invitation for an online application is a good thing and bodes well for your application. Men have been wearing jackets and ties in the interviews I've seen, but what you wear is up to you.

Files are under review now. Applicants are scheduled to begin receiving decisions by mid-December.

marcosand182
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby marcosand182 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Is the mid-December date both for RD and ED?

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby dallinpackard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:33 pm

marcosand182 wrote:Is the mid-December date both for RD and ED?

Both, sorry I didn't clarify.

User avatar
xinaialice
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby xinaialice » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Got interview invitation today :shock: Did not know that UT would interview people...

Went complete 10/15, International student (so OOS), no why UT...
Last edited by xinaialice on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Menchie
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Menchie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Should I have written a Why Texas? I'm out of state... :oops:

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Still no interview request :? This can't bode well. OOS splitter with no Why Texas, so I suppose I asked for it.

User avatar
Menchie
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Menchie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:Still no interview request :? This can't bode well. OOS splitter with no Why Texas, so I suppose I asked for it.


I'm in the exact same boat. Do you know if emailing them a Why Texas would be a bad idea?

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Menchie wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Still no interview request :? This can't bode well. OOS splitter with no Why Texas, so I suppose I asked for it.


I'm in the exact same boat. Do you know if emailing them a Why Texas would be a bad idea?

No idea, would be interested in other views on this also.

User avatar
wmbuff
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby wmbuff » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Menchie wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Still no interview request :? This can't bode well. OOS splitter with no Why Texas, so I suppose I asked for it.


I'm in the exact same boat. Do you know if emailing them a Why Texas would be a bad idea?

No idea, would be interested in other views on this also.


I'm going to write one and send it. I couldn't make the Northwestern video interview site work with the available computers, so I'd like to avoid getting stuck using that service again.

User avatar
Menchie
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Menchie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 pm

wmbuff wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Menchie wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Still no interview request :? This can't bode well. OOS splitter with no Why Texas, so I suppose I asked for it.


I'm in the exact same boat. Do you know if emailing them a Why Texas would be a bad idea?

No idea, would be interested in other views on this also.


I'm going to write one and send it. I couldn't make the Northwestern video interview site work with the available computers, so I'd like to avoid getting stuck using that service again.


Holy shit... they do recorded interviews? I feel like my Northwestern went horribly. I don't need any other reason to send one in!

User avatar
NeneLeakesss_409
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby NeneLeakesss_409 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm

In state applicant. Haven't received an interview request. Does this mean anything bad for my application? UT is top choice (went here for undergrad, born and raised Texan) and Im praying I get in

Sploshy
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: Texas Law Class of 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Sploshy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Going off what was said at Texas Law Day by the assistant admissions dean who recorded the interview questions for Kira, It is a good sign to get an interview, but not a bad sign to not get one. The interview is to learn more about the applicant. It is probably for people that they are concerned about for one reason or another (yield protection, splitter, etc) but still want to consider admitting them. That last sentence is just speculation on my part.

I got an interview request, but if you didn't get one the assistant dean specifically said that they only have a limited number of interview licenses so it probably isn't a bad sign if you didn't get one. If you are a good candidate and didn't get one then they probably didn't need to learn anything new about you. If you are a splitter/oos without why texas/etc some other reason that could be used against you then you could still be given one later or maybe they will run out of licenses- who knows.

Basically, I don't think you should be concerned if you didn't get an interview. If you did get one it's safe to say that it's a good sign, but it doesn't make admission a sure thing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”