Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
16%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
60%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
2%
In high school, lurking
2%

Total votes: 121

Walliums

Silver

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Walliums » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:13 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:I had a dream I got waitlisted :(
Oh no! FWIW I think you have a solid shot at Mich. I actually thought "oh did my girl, walliums, get in?" when i saw that you were the most recent post-er.
<3 <3 <3

You are the ray of sunshine we all need

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Walliums wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Oh no! FWIW I think you have a solid shot at Mich. I actually thought "oh did my girl, walliums, get in?" when i saw that you were the most recent post-er.
<3 <3 <3

it me

PWADatUNC

New

Post by PWADatUNC » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Went complete this morning 12/9. Got my checker 11/29

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:55 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
<3 <3 <3

it me
Damn duchess, you're the real MVP

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Checking in, waiting for LSAT score to apply to make sure I at least have a fighting chance. If I'm 170+, I might blanket the bottom half of the t14.

Question: If I respond to all of the optional essays except the "name a time you failed in something" one are they going to think I'm a pompous ass who thinks I'm immune to failure?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:06 pm

vikingrunner wrote: Question: If I respond to all of the optional essays except the "name a time you failed in something" one are they going to think I'm a pompous ass who thinks I'm immune to failure?
I think you’re only allowed to respond to two of them.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
vikingrunner wrote: Question: If I respond to all of the optional essays except the "name a time you failed in something" one are they going to think I'm a pompous ass who thinks I'm immune to failure?
I think you’re only allowed to respond to two of them.
Reading comprehension is not my strong suit.

I might write a bunch anyway and just pick the 2 I like best.

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

Hi everyone! Congratulations on all of the acceptances so far!

I'm a fool in a man's body so I literally just submitted my application today gambling that my December LSAT goes up because my old one is laughable. I got really excited while I was writing my Why Mich essay, really crossing my fingers for this one!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 am

jjdude14 wrote:Hi everyone! Congratulations on all of the acceptances so far!

I'm a fool in a man's body so I literally just submitted my application today gambling that my December LSAT goes up because my old one is laughable. I got really excited while I was writing my Why Mich essay, really crossing my fingers for this one!
I know the feeling haha. but I think you should've waited for your dec. score. IIRC, spivey said somewhere on twitter and/or his blog that 2 weeks prior to Christmas schools will not be making any decisions, so I think this week is the last week we will see any movement. I mean, not that I think you would get a decision that quick (even tho we wish it worked like that haha) so yeah I think u shouldve waited

edit:

per spivey's tweet from dec 4th: "Looking at a number of pleasant admit "waves" over the next two weeks, then there should be a calm period until at least when LSAT scores from Dec. come out."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:44 am

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 am

etramak wrote: Sorry - what's the difference? Don't they see his score either way?
yeah, but my point was why not just do it all at once if nothing is going to happen between now and score release for them lol

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 am

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:09 am

etramak wrote:
Mikey wrote:
etramak wrote: Sorry - what's the difference? Don't they see his score either way?
yeah, but my point was why not just do it all at once if nothing is going to happen between now and score release for them lol
I thought you get reviewed earlier if you submit earlier.
yeah you do. but jj said they submitted today, and I was saying that they aren't really likely to have any movement since after this week there won't be any movement until after the dec. scores come out.

I submitted more than like a month ago and I've had movement including going complete, but jj specifically probably won't get reviewed since they just submitted before the 2 week period of no movement.

idk I may be wrong, they may go complete but who knows, I'm just speculating off of what spivey said and am assuming that they will wait for December scores for jj

e: my b, and by me saying I have had movement, I meant I have had movement despite having taken the December test

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 am

For those of you not in the FB group, they just posted this:

FinAid is starting to review files for merit scholarships this week. They go loosely in order of date of admission, but there are many benign reasons why they might go out of order (for example, waiting for confirmation of Michigan residency before awarding a scholarship that is specific to Michigan residents). They notify people who are receiving a scholarship and those who are not, so if you are waiting then it just means that they haven't finished reviewing your file yet. Notification is an email.
FinAid expects to be working through backlog of people already admitted through mid January, at which point they will switch to notifying admits about 1-2 weeks after admission.
Need-based aid information will be coming in February.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:37 am

rachelac wrote: Need-based aid information will be coming in February.
Feb? that's awesome

kind of confuses me though because their website says we apply for need-based in March and they start reviewing in march too?

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 am

Mikey wrote:
Feb? that's awesome

kind of confuses me though because their website says we apply for need-based in March and they start reviewing in march too?
Maybe the application opens in Feb instead this year? I'm not sure

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 am

rachelac wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Feb? that's awesome

Maybe the application opens in Feb instead this year? I'm not sure
yeah probably! :)

idk why I'm worrying about it anyways, I'm about to get dinged so hard :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Mikey wrote:

I know the feeling haha. but I think you should've waited for your dec. score. IIRC, spivey said somewhere on twitter and/or his blog that 2 weeks prior to Christmas schools will not be making any decisions, so I think this week is the last week we will see any movement. I mean, not that I think you would get a decision that quick (even tho we wish it worked like that haha) so yeah I think u shouldve waited

edit:

per spivey's tweet from dec 4th: "Looking at a number of pleasant admit "waves" over the next two weeks, then there should be a calm period until at least when LSAT scores from Dec. come out."
Hi there. Just am fyi but technically I didn't say "schools will not be making any decisions" -- indeed I would bet money some schools will. I just think it will slow down a good deal. Sorry if I implied otherwise.

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Mikey wrote:

edit:

Ehh what's done is done. I felt a rare wave of motivation yesterday and I rode it. My thinking was that I might as well get in before the rest of December takers. You don't think it would negatively effect my app do you?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:42 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
Mikey wrote:

edit:

Hi there. Just am fyi but technically I didn't say "schools will not be making any decisions" -- indeed I would bet money some schools will. I just think it will slow down a good deal. Sorry if I implied otherwise.
Ahh my b. I probably shouldn't have said 'any', but yeah that's what I meant to get across that things maybe slow down, as you had mentioned. Sorry m, I've been drinking. Ily spivey

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:44 pm

jjdude14 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

edit:

Ehh what's done is done. I felt a rare wave of motivation yesterday and I rode it. My thinking was that I might as well get in before the rest of December takers. You don't think it would negatively effect my app do you?
Nah I don't think you'd be negatively effected, I think you'll be fine.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

virginia_direwoolf

Bronze

Post by virginia_direwoolf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Just got an email about scholarship award!!

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 pm

virginia_direwoolf wrote:Just got an email about scholarship award!!
Congrats!!! That was incredibly fast! FinAid is WORKING!

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Same! Has anyone received a Darrow interview invite? I have not but am really curious!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

:eyes-emoji:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”