Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
16%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
60%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
2%
In high school, lurking
2%

Total votes: 121

theharleyquinn

New

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by theharleyquinn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:22 pm

dallinpackard wrote:I just got offered $135k =O.

I'm sorry for y'all who aren't getting anything yet:/ Heads up, and try to negotiate!!! I'm thinking my offer might have to do with me being an electrical engineer, apparently they liked that...Idk. Regardless, good luck everyone:)
Congrats, that's huge! :D

sharris2017

New

Post by sharris2017 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 pm

$120k.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm sorry for y'all who aren't getting anything yet:/ Heads up, and try to negotiate!!! I'm thinking my offer might have to do with me being an electrical engineer, apparently they liked that...Idk. Regardless, good luck everyone:)
bro...

why are you going to law school again? :lol:

anyway, congrats. im just over heree trying to convince myself that the reason they havent accepted me yet is that they're counting the massive stacks of darrow cash they plan to give me :)

dallinpackard

New

Post by dallinpackard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm

dm1683 wrote:

bro...

anyway, congrats. im just over heree trying to convince myself that the reason they havent accepted me yet is that they're counting the massive stacks of darrow cash they plan to give me :)
Haha, law school was actually the plan before EE! I'm a 3rd gen on both sides of my family...
But my brother-in-law convinced me that patent law was the stuff, and that for patent firms EE's were the stuff, and so 3 years later here I am.

And I'm sure you're gunna get allll that cash. Good luck!

Side note: back when I was first lurking on here, you were like one of the two people I remember posting about LSAT scores in June. I was blown away with your 173 (if I remember) and can't believe I ended up with a 172 in September! Definitely a game changer.

OhMyLaw

New

Post by OhMyLaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm

I got the please don't stress out email last week. w/ just below median for GPA & 25%<LSAT<50% And somewhat diverse (first gen, blue collar family, immigrant) background. Do you guys think it's worth it to send in a Why Michigan at this point?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sharris2017

New

Post by sharris2017 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:15 pm

dm1683 wrote:

bro...

When did you apply?

dallinpackard

New

Post by dallinpackard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 pm

sharris2017 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

bro...

When did you apply?
Mid November? It was one of my last submissions. Almost as a second thought honestly, but now I don't know...

sharris2017

New

Post by sharris2017 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm

dallinpackard wrote:
sharris2017 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

bro...

When did you apply?
Mid November? It was one of my last submissions. Almost as a second thought honestly, but now I don't know...
Oh, I meant dm, but congrats on your scholly!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Congrats!! Good news after Texas last week (:

Also interviewed for Darrow recently. Anxiously awaiting the call :?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:31 pm

sharris2017 wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
sharris2017 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

bro...

When did you apply?
Oh, I meant dm, but congrats on your scholly!
10/19. I wrote a why mich to prevent YP as it's probably my third choice (maybe first if I get $$$$).

jellyjar

New

Post by jellyjar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Also dinged today--super bummed, but it was a long shot anyways. Good luck everyone!

dallinpackard

New

Post by dallinpackard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:44 pm

principalagent wrote:

Thanks! And that is so exciting! Your cycle is going incredibly well. Do you think Texas would be more difficult from Michigan than from UVA/UT? Given strong ties? The offer is incredibly tempting, but I just don't want to put myself in a pickle by going to far away from the South.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 pm

dallinpackard wrote:
principalagent wrote:

Thanks! And that is so exciting! Your cycle is going incredibly well. Do you think Texas would be more difficult from Michigan than from UVA/UT? Given strong ties? The offer is incredibly tempting, but I just don't want to put myself in a pickle by going to far away from the South.
One of my friends from high school goes to Mich Law and did her undergrad out of state as well, but she had no issue getting 1L summer big firm placements in Texas, and will be in Texas again this summer. Hit median and you’ll be fine, I imagine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dallinpackard

New

Post by dallinpackard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 pm

principalagent wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
principalagent wrote:

One of my friends from high school goes to Mich Law and did her undergrad out of state as well, but she had no issue getting 1L summer big firm placements in Texas, and will be in Texas again this summer. Hit median and you’ll be fine, I imagine.
Well dang...I might end up at Michigan!

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 pm

dm1683 wrote:

bro...

This cycle has been unpredictable thus far, but I feel like expecting the absolute best outcome from every app is a recipe for disappointment. Getting a Darrow is one of the best outcomes out there, and anyone would be lucky to get it, but don’t count your chickens before they hatch, you know what I mean?

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Congratulations! That’s so great. My fiancé is studying electrical engineering and your GPA is seriously amazing for that being your major.

dallinpackard

New

Post by dallinpackard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:32 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:

Congratulations! That’s so great. My fiancé is studying electrical engineering and your GPA is seriously amazing for that being your major.
Thank you! Thankfully I applied before the fall grades hit, because it definitely dropped:p But finishing has been difficult, because both my wife and I are in school full time, have a baby (no babysitter, we just play hot-potato), and I work 15ish hours a week. But if I finish strong, i should be able to recover and end up with a similar GPA to what I applied with.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 pm

par283 wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
ShakeAndBake wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:I'm sorry guys :( did any of you get the "sit tight" email last week?
No, I sort of thought I was getting Dinged after not getting It. It seemed as if they were telling strong applicants that they are interested In not to get worried yet.
Same deal here. I applied in November, so I wasn't sure if It was an impending ding or just that I wasn't waiting long enough to get a Sit Tight.
I'm still on complete and I was so sure I was in this mornings round of dings....didn't get the sit tight email either...Have they just forgotten about me? I'm a huge splitter, but good softs and wrote a pretty glowing why Michigan. What is going on Michigan?
I applied late October, didn't get the sit tight email, and I'm still on complete today. If they're going to ding me I would prefer they just get it over with.

CoolerHandGreg

New

Post by CoolerHandGreg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Did anyone submit their application directly to Michigan? They seem to be one of the only schools that don't require submission through LSAC. Just curious if it worked out or not.

foodlaw

New

Post by foodlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

How soon after does Michigan send an email with their decision after updating it on their status checker? I was wondering if I could stop logging onto the status checker and wait for an email instead.

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 pm

foodlaw wrote:How soon after does Michigan send an email with their decision after updating it on their status checker? I was wondering if I could stop logging onto the status checker and wait for an email instead.
Got the email a few hours later. It comes the same day the checker changes, the status checker just updates at like midnight and no one is still working then
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

foodlaw

New

Post by foodlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm

kippercd wrote:
foodlaw wrote:How soon after does Michigan send an email with their decision after updating it on their status checker? I was wondering if I could stop logging onto the status checker and wait for an email instead.
Got the email a few hours later. It comes the same day the checker changes, the status checker just updates at like midnight and no one is still working then
Gotcha! Thanks :)

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 am

Good news is I’ve survived another ding wave!

Bad news I’m still complete from 9/1 lol

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am

LOL same... from October. They say patience is a virtue......
I have none, does that mean I am not virtuous? :D

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:14 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Good news is I’ve survived another ding wave!

Bad news I’m still complete from 9/1 lol
Did you get that hold tight email?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”