Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
16%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
60%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
2%
In high school, lurking
2%

Total votes: 121

urmlaw17

Bronze

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by urmlaw17 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 pm

par283 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:just check status checker.

I was Denied.

Ding!

Went from Complete -> Deny.
We have the exact same stats (except I'm not a URM) and I'm still on complete. Mind sharing when you submitted?

I submitted around 11/1.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:42 pm

par283 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
Hey Dean Z check out my post higher on this page! I said it wasn't making me crazy, you did your job! I totally get it! Please ignore my other post about barging into your office! All I want is to stay in Ann Arbor for three more years and watch Jim bring home the 'ship!
This made me feel so much better. I probably just didn't apply before the date she talks about and can officially stop hyperventilating.

Also, Michigan (as much as I love it's law school, please accept me dear god) is so not going to win the National Championship. That honor is heading back to Happy Valley. ;)
We'll see how good you guys are without Saquon and Moorhead

par283

New

Post by par283 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:
par283 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:just check status checker.

I was Denied.

Ding!

Went from Complete -> Deny.
We have the exact same stats (except I'm not a URM) and I'm still on complete. Mind sharing when you submitted?

I submitted around 11/1.
I was later than you, so they probably just haven't looked at my app long enough to reject me yet. Oh well! Thanks!

bookshelves

New

Post by bookshelves » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

I submitted early December and got the same email and now I’m confused

Intro-gamer

New

Post by Intro-gamer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Did anyone else just get an email from Dean Z in regards to early applicants waiting a while to receive a decision?

I opened it fully expecting it to be a ding/waitlist email. :lol:

Edit: Scooped and late af. Sorry for reposting this, I freaked out when I got the email and came to TLS :lol:
Last edited by Intro-gamer on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bosshawg

New

Post by bosshawg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:54 pm

par283 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
Hey Dean Z check out my post higher on this page! I said it wasn't making me crazy, you did your job! I totally get it! Please ignore my other post about barging into your office! All I want is to stay in Ann Arbor for three more years and watch Jim bring home the 'ship!
This made me feel so much better. I probably just didn't apply before the date she talks about and can officially stop hyperventilating.

Also, Michigan (as much as I love it's law school, please accept me dear god) is so not going to win the National Championship. That honor is heading back to Happy Valley. ;)
+ a million

GotLost

New

Post by GotLost » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Just got the email apologizing for the long wait time. Made me 100% more nervous

anbun

New

Post by anbun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Got the e-mail from Dean Z and from NYU... i understand but i'm confused... what was the point of submitting early in the cycle then?

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Got the same letter apologizing for the wait. At least it isn't lost..... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:03 pm

anbun wrote:Got the e-mail from Dean Z and from NYU... i understand but i'm confused... what was the point of submitting early in the cycle then?
https://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2 ... aspx?ID=83
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Intro-gamer wrote:Did anyone else just get an email from Dean Z in regards to early applicants waiting a while to receive a decision?

Edit: Scooped and late af. Sorry for reposting this, I freaked out when I got the email and came to TLS :lol:
Yes!! I had the exact same thoughts lol. I kept on reading waiting for the "you've been put on the waitlist" sentence.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Intro-gamer wrote:Did anyone else just get an email from Dean Z in regards to early applicants waiting a while to receive a decision?

Yes!! I had the exact same thoughts lol. I kept on reading waiting for the "you've been put on the waitlist" sentence.
I kept reading and was waiting for the "we are sorry but you suck and here is that fat ding" sentence lmao

cranberrybog

New

Post by cranberrybog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 pm

GotLost wrote:Just got the email apologizing for the long wait time. Made me 100% more nervous
lolol absolutely same here. Tbh I wasn't even expecting an imminent response before- I kind of thought February was still a perfectly respectable time to get back to people (at least I'm telling myself that...) but now, of course, (despite chill lemur) I'm all- WHAT DID I DO WRONG??

Oh well. Dean Z means well. Surprised so many people would call in asking for decisions in January, though!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LawSSS

New

Post by LawSSS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:39 pm

bookshelves wrote:I submitted early December and got the same email and now I’m confused
I submitted in December too...I wasn't expecting a response until later January or February. But now this email tells me they did review and were undecided. Groovy.

jellyjar

New

Post by jellyjar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Applied early november and didn't get the email :( I feel like I'm more paranoid now than if I had gotten the email.

porzingis3

New

Post by porzingis3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Applied day one of apps being open and got the email lol, I’ve seen a good amount of people with my numbers get in so I’m pretty paranoid

Intro-gamer

New

Post by Intro-gamer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:56 pm

LawSSS wrote:
bookshelves wrote:I submitted early December and got the same email and now I’m confused
I submitted in December too...I wasn't expecting a response until later January or February. But now this email tells me they did review and were undecided. Groovy.
+10000

I’m generally good at keeping this sort of stuff in the back of my mind until a decision (unless I get an interview request or something).

Knowing that they looked at my file and aren’t sure yet doesn’t exactly make me feel good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kinda would have preferred it if I didn’t get any email until a decision lol (barring interview requests and the like).

Well at least it’s not a ding...(yet)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JBerez

New

Post by JBerez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Intro-gamer wrote:
LawSSS wrote:
+10000

I’m generally good at keeping this sort of stuff in the back of my mind until a decision (unless I get an interview request or something).

Knowing that they looked at my file and aren’t sure yet doesn’t exactly make me feel good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kinda would have preferred it if I didn’t get any email until a decision lol (barring interview requests and the like).

Same here. I understand it's meant to be hopeful but the only thing I can think of is that my app wasn't good enough to be in on the first round of reviews! But we'll see, I'm still hoping to hear before the end of january.

ltepen

New

Post by ltepen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:16 pm

JBerez wrote:
Intro-gamer wrote:
LawSSS wrote:
+10000

Same here. I understand it's meant to be hopeful but the only thing I can think of is that my app wasn't good enough to be in on the first round of reviews! But we'll see, I'm still hoping to hear before the end of january.
Thank god I wasn't the only one! That email was the most disappointing roller coaster of emotions I've EVER been through.

monsterc_

New

Post by monsterc_ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:36 pm

I got the email and personally found it reassuring but completely understand why it wasnt for many people. From the beginning I've expected that my application could probably go either way at Mich but I had begun to assume that it was going to be bad news after not hearing back for a while (submitted very early November). So it was nice to know that I'm still at least in the running and not necessarily just queued up for a waitlist wave. If you havent read the accompanying blog that people have posted above, I suggest doing so, it also really helped put it in even better context.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 pm

JackieChiles2021 wrote:Received a Dean Z e-mail while reading this thread and nearly had a heart attack. Just a be patient type of thing so heads up!
Got this too. Honestly was a relief that my application wasn't just lost lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Mikey wrote:Dean Z, honestly. I love you and Michigan Law. If accepted, you can be sure that I will be there. Please accept me, please. (:

Your truly,
Mikey
Hi plz I would love Mikey as a classmate

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 pm

I submitted in late October / early November and didn't get the email. Guessing it means my ding is on its way.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 am

Got the same email. 4.0/173/K-JD. Now that chicago b**** slapped waitlisted me y'all will be my new homies barring H/S.

It shouldn't be YP bc I wrote a Why Mich...

par283

New

Post by par283 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 am

Tavorak wrote:
I submitted in late October / early November and didn't get the email. Guessing it means my ding is on its way.
Same bro. Same.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”