Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
16%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
60%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
2%
In high school, lurking
2%

Total votes: 121

Ntp73821

Silver

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Registered for the first ASW, I hope I get to meet some of y’all there!
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 am

Registered for ASW 2!

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 am

principalagent wrote:Registered for ASW 2!
I'll be at that one as well!

Fiddlesticks

New

Post by Fiddlesticks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:07 am

The first one is normally a little bit better because you can see the auction.

Bhb806

New

Post by Bhb806 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I am likely way overthinking and losing my mind. That said, I noticed my status tracker - which has said "complete" for over a month - did not change the "last updated" field today as it has every day since I got the status checker link. If i remember right, it has even been updated on weekends - until today. Has anyone else noticed this? My fear is that a rejection is coming, and that they're waiting to update the status tracker until they tell me in a more merciful way (email/snail mail). Like I said, likely going crazy. Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:13 pm

Bhb806 wrote:Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I am likely way overthinking and losing my mind. That said, I noticed my status tracker - which has said "complete" for over a month - did not change the "last updated" field today as it has every day since I got the status checker link. If i remember right, it has even been updated on weekends - until today. Has anyone else noticed this? My fear is that a rejection is coming, and that they're waiting to update the status tracker until they tell me in a more merciful way (email/snail mail). Like I said, likely going crazy. Thoughts?
You are being paranoid <3

AMcJV12

New

Post by AMcJV12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Bhb806 wrote:Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I am likely way overthinking and losing my mind. That said, I noticed my status tracker - which has said "complete" for over a month - did not change the "last updated" field today as it has every day since I got the status checker link. If i remember right, it has even been updated on weekends - until today. Has anyone else noticed this? My fear is that a rejection is coming, and that they're waiting to update the status tracker until they tell me in a more merciful way (email/snail mail). Like I said, likely going crazy. Thoughts?
Mine's doing the same thing. Personal theory? The adcomm's having a lazy Saturday :D They've earned it, and so have we!

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Reg'ed for ASW 1 (3/15-17). Can't wait!

Teacher

New

Post by Teacher » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:29 am

AMcJV12 wrote:
Mine's doing the same thing. Personal theory? The adcomm's having a lazy Saturday :D They've earned it, and so have we!
Mine did this too. But re: the lazy Saturday theory, I don’t think they manually go in an update it unless there’s a change; the date just continues to change on its own. So I do think it’s weird that it didn’t change today...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Oneanddone?

New

Post by Oneanddone? » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 am

Hey guys! I got a personalized letter from the dean and it allllmost convinced me to apply. Here’s my question: did the letter actually mean they’re interested in considering me, or are those letters just something they send to everyone, trying to increase their applicants?

I have conflicting feelings about Michigan and feel like there is a chance I would attend, but.... I really don’t want to apply just so I can get dinged.

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am

Oneanddone? wrote:Hey guys! I got a personalized letter from the dean and it allllmost convinced me to apply. Here’s my question: did the letter actually mean they’re interested in considering me, or are they just something they send to everyone, trying to increase their applicants?

I have conflicting feelings about Michigan and feel like there is a chance I would attend, but.... I really don’t want to apply just so I can get dinged.
Depends on your stats/background. They could be sending those to extreme (reverse-)splitters to boost one of their stats, or to diversify their class. Or it could be your theory.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:59 am

Does Michigan complete scholarship offers for all accepted students at once? Meaning, if I got in via status checker on Friday, is there a chance that I get my scholarship email by this Friday?

Oneanddone?

New

Post by Oneanddone? » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 am

LSATuration wrote:
Oneanddone? wrote:Hey guys! I got a personalized letter from the dean and it allllmost convinced me to apply. Here’s my question: did the letter actually mean they’re interested in considering me, or are they just something they send to everyone, trying to increase their applicants?

Depends on your stats/background. They could be sending those to extreme (reverse-)splitters to boost one of their stats, or to diversify their class. Or it could be your theory.
Thank you! I do fall into one of those categories you mentioned above so maybe that's what's going on. I guess targeted recruitment is a bit more promising than blanket recruitment? Who knows. Fingers crossed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:02 pm

This three day weekend is killing me. I want that Michigan swag in the mail! Also will probably attend the March 15 ASW unless I (1) get not scholarship offer and (2) get admitted to Berkeley before then.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:19 pm

etramak wrote:This three day weekend is killing me. I want that Michigan swag in the mail! Also will probably attend the March 15 ASW unless I (1) get not scholarship offer and (2) get admitted to Berkeley before then.
the fact that it is impossible to do ASWs for all of Mich/Berk/Duke is upsetting.
Last edited by NavyNuke on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:12 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
etramak wrote:This three day weekend is killing me. I want that Michigan swag in the mail! Also will probably attend the March 15 ASW unless I (1) get not scholarship offer and (2) get admitted to Berkeley before then.
the fact that it is impossible to do ASWs for all of Mich/Berk/Duke is upsetting.
Throw UVA in there, too...it's killing me. I'm definitely going to UVA and am leaning UVA/Mich as my two right now, but things could change if financial aid comes through for Berk/Duke before I book flights.

grrlater

New

Post by grrlater » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Oneanddone? wrote:Hey guys! I got a personalized letter from the dean and it allllmost convinced me to apply. Here’s my question: did the letter actually mean they’re interested in considering me, or are those letters just something they send to everyone, trying to increase their applicants?

I didn't even have Mich on my radar until I got a package with a little note from them! Applied and got accepted a week ago so I say go for it! *reverse splitter

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:29 pm

grrlater wrote:
Oneanddone? wrote:Hey guys! I got a personalized letter from the dean and it allllmost convinced me to apply. Here’s my question: did the letter actually mean they’re interested in considering me, or are those letters just something they send to everyone, trying to increase their applicants?

I didn't even have Mich on my radar until I got a package with a little note from them! Applied and got accepted a week ago so I say go for it! *reverse splitter
How many days from acceptance to receipt of package? I got the acceptance email on Monday and was hoping to get a package yesterday

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:40 pm

etramak wrote:
grrlater wrote:

How many days from acceptance to receipt of package? I got the acceptance email on Monday and was hoping to get a package yesterday
I think quoted is discussing the "you should apply" package, not the accept one

Oneanddone?

New

Post by Oneanddone? » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:37 am

grrlater wrote:

Thank you! Good to hear from another reverse splitter. :) I will take the plunge!

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 am

Checking in
First rejection of the cycle :( one of my top choices.. I checked my status checker

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:35 am

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Checking in
First rejection of the cycle :( one of my top choices.. I checked my status checker
OMG they're rejecting now? You just got me SHOOKETHHH

Sorry btw :(

bunb

New

Post by bunb » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:31 am

First-time posting!

Applied in November, and admitted a few days after New Years. I've seen a few people on LSN who were admitted the day I was (and even a few days later) who've already heard back about merit aid. I haven't heard a peep, even via the admitted students portal. Is this a bad sign for me? Is it a good sign (i.e., indicative they may be considering me for Darrow)? For what it's worth, a lot of these people are either above me in LSAT but not GPA, or above me in GPA but not LSAT.

Also haven't gotten the acceptance package in the mail, but I think that's probably just a post office delay.
Last edited by bunb on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:53 am

Rejected as well - good luck to everyone!

Bojack93

New

Post by Bojack93 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

bunb wrote:First-time posting!

Applied in November, and admitted a few days after New Years. I've seen a few people on LSN who were admitted the day I was (and even a few days later) who've already heard back about merit aid. I haven't heard a peep, even via the admitted students portal. Is this a bad sign for me? Is it a good sign (i.e., indicative they may be considering me for Dillard)? For what it's worth, a lot of these people are either above me in LSAT but not GPA, or above me in GPA but not LSAT.

Also haven't gotten the acceptance package in the mail, but I think that's probably just a post office delay.
*Darrow. It hasn't been that long, and they let everyone know even if you don't get an award. I wouldn't worry too much. It's roughly but not strictly in order of admission. Given how they've operated, I imagine you'd hear by the end of the week (no promises).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”