Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
16%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
60%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
2%
In high school, lurking
2%

Total votes: 121

InterLaw

Bronze

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by InterLaw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm IN! Got the e-mail 5 hours ago but just noticed it!

Congrats to the others who got the big news today and if you didn't well don't give up, I definitely had a couple of weak points in my app...

172/S, BobbyAx on LSN for timings :mrgreen:

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Platopus wrote:
InterLaw wrote:I'm IN! Got the e-mail 5 hours ago but just noticed it!

Congrats to the others who got the big news today and if you didn't well don't give up, I definitely had a couple of weak points in my app...

Congrats!!!
Thanks and congrats back buddy!

Lagentblaugrana

New

Post by Lagentblaugrana » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm

InterLaw wrote:I'm IN! Got the e-mail 5 hours ago but just noticed it!

Congrats! No GPA = best GPA

xinaialice

New

Post by xinaialice » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm

congrats to y'all who got in today!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GotLost

New

Post by GotLost » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 am

dm1683 wrote:
GotLost wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
rachelac wrote:
dm1683 wrote:Congrats everybody!

Im still waiting, submitted 10/19...the notion that there's something terribly wrong with my application is starting to creep up on me...
Platopus and I both submitted the first ten days apps were open, went complete at a normal time, are from the Midwest, and still missed the first FOUR waves. Please don't panic! (Though as someone who spent the last two weeks panicking, I know that's easier said than done.) I'm sure you're fine and they're just being weird.
Thanks for the reassurance and congrats again!

i am also from the midwest, and own a cheese head. sooo lets get on with it michigan
Fellow cheese head pining for Michigan here.
do you still have ptsd from sunday like I do??
I'm just putting all my hopes on the Badgers this year.

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Post by thepsychedelic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:37 pm

just went complete! exactly 2 weeks since sending
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Last edited by OakBrook2021 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:Anyone's package have an invite to interview for a Darrow? Mine did not, just wondering
Do they normally send those out with the packets? I thought all that happened later in the cycle, like in January when they release $ info

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm going to assume there will be no movement the next few days due to the holiday. I will still check the status checker each morning nonetheless :mrgreen:

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:02 pm

InterLaw wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:Anyone's package have an invite to interview for a Darrow? Mine did not, just wondering
Do they normally send those out with the packets? I thought all that happened later in the cycle, like in January when they release $ info
Ok that's what I thought. Just making sure haha

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
Wait I have no reference for that, it's just my guess...

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 pm

InterLaw wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
Wait I have no reference for that, it's just my guess...
No sordid mention of $$$ in my packet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Last edited by OakBrook2021 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OhMyLaw

New

Post by OhMyLaw » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 am

Hai friends I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to whether it would be weird to send in an lsat addendum after I've submitted and gone under review? I was really rushing to apply as early as possible (super lame excuse I know). For what it's worth, this is my second app cycle (but first time applying to Michigan) and the adennum basically explains how my dad was unemployed when I was going into my last year of undergrad so I essentially had to work extra hours vs studying for the lsat. Thanks for any inputs :)

malysh

New

Post by malysh » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 am

OhMyLaw wrote:Hai friends I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to whether it would be weird to send in an lsat addendum after I've submitted and gone under review? I was really rushing to apply as early as possible (super lame excuse I know). For what it's worth, this is my second app cycle (but first time applying to Michigan) and the adennum basically explains how my dad was unemployed when I was going into my last year of undergrad so I essentially had to work extra hours vs studying for the lsat. Thanks for any inputs :)
I wouldn't write an addendum. I'm 100% sure working those extra hours was tough and put you at a disadvantage. But a lot of people work crazy hours, go to school, and take the LSAT. It just seems like a bad excuse. Law school workload is pretty demanding and using this as an excuse could make adcom question if you could handle it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Platopus wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:Ok same, no mention of $$$ in mine. I feel like what InterLaw said is definitely right....read it somewhere but can't remember
Yeah, I remember reading it somewhere too
$$$ is figured out after you've been accepted, and you'll receive an email when they decide on an amount. You receive an email even if they're not offering you any money - if they stay true to how they handled schollies last cycle.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:17 pm

brinicolec wrote: $$$ is figured out after you've been accepted, and you'll receive an email when they decide on an amount. You receive an email even if they're not offering you any money - if they stay true to how they handled schollies last cycle.
Is there a general time frame of when they decide on financial aid money? I know applying for it opens up in march, but assuming you apply as soon as you're able to, does it take a long time to hear back about it?

OhMyLaw

New

Post by OhMyLaw » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Platopus wrote:
malysh wrote:
OhMyLaw wrote:Hai friends I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to whether it would be weird to send in an lsat addendum after I've submitted and gone under review? I was really rushing to apply as early as possible (super lame excuse I know). For what it's worth, this is my second app cycle (but first time applying to Michigan) and the adennum basically explains how my dad was unemployed when I was going into my last year of undergrad so I essentially had to work extra hours vs studying for the lsat. Thanks for any inputs :)
I wouldn't write an addendum. I'm 100% sure working those extra hours was tough and put you at a disadvantage. But a lot of people work crazy hours, go to school, and take the LSAT. It just seems like a bad excuse. Law school workload is pretty demanding and using this as an excuse could make adcom question if you could handle it.
+1 Don't write that addendum
Thanks for your feedback everyone! I actually talked to my pre law counselor last cycle and she thought that it would be a good idea to write the addendum. I guess I'm just worried that the addendum was the reason that I even got waitlisted by schools beyond my reach last cycle (versus outright rejected). But I'll definitely take your advice into account as well!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:08 pm

OhMyLaw wrote: Thanks for your feedback everyone! I actually talked to my pre law counselor last cycle and she thought that it would be a good idea to write the addendum. I guess I'm just worried that the addendum was the reason that I even got waitlisted by schools beyond my reach last cycle (versus outright rejected). But I'll definitely take your advice into account as well!
I think TLS's general advice is never to listen to pre-law counselors.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 am

Mikey wrote:
brinicolec wrote: $$$ is figured out after you've been accepted, and you'll receive an email when they decide on an amount. You receive an email even if they're not offering you any money - if they stay true to how they handled schollies last cycle.
Is there a general time frame of when they decide on financial aid money? I know applying for it opens up in march, but assuming you apply as soon as you're able to, does it take a long time to hear back about it?
Hm... I don't remember it taking terribly long. I don't see my original scholarship email but I got my final scholarship amount by the end of March and I waited awhile after my initial offer because I was deciding some stuff.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:51 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Hm... I don't remember it taking terribly long. I don't see my original scholarship email but I got my final scholarship amount by the end of March and I waited awhile after my initial offer because I was deciding some stuff.
hmm alrighty, thanks! :)

Teacher

New

Post by Teacher » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:32 pm

malysh wrote:Also a 1L. Happy to answer questions :D

How do slightly older (late 20s/ early 30s) 1Ls fair in Ann Arbor? I love the vibe from Michigan’s promotional materials, and I’ve only heard great things about it, but I’m worried about having a social/ dating life not in a city. (Also worried that I’ll want to hibernate all winter, coming from the south :? )

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”