Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Fingerscrossed11

New

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by Fingerscrossed11 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Duds wrote:Hey ya'll. Anybody else get accepted on Friday after the Wednesday feeler email?

I felt ghosted for forever, then got waitlisted. I got that feeler email and responded asap to the email.

Now I'm sending in my deposit next week!

Anyone care to share whats in the black box that they send? They said they are mailing it out to me Tuesday.

Thanks!
Hi—can you please explain further? I was likewise ghosted until recently then waitlisted. I would love some more information on your process and what “feeler email@ you are referring to!

kaf5631

New

Post by kaf5631 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Does anyone know if there's been any waitlist movement yet? They told me over the phone that they start accepting people off the waitlist in June/July. Also, how much contact is too much contact? I am suppressing the urge to call them literally every day.

Lawschool123456

New

Post by Lawschool123456 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 am

Has anyone else not received any decision yet? If so, do you think it's okay to send a LOCI? I applied in March.

sda2116

New

Post by sda2116 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Sombra2017 wrote:Current 2L student here. Willing to answer any questions you guys have or offer advice along the way. Here is the profile for this year's class https://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective- ... rofile.php. Best of luck.
They said it should take 8-12 weeks to render a decision, and I'm on week 11.
Do you know if Vanderbilt is known for late decisions? Will they let me know by week 12?

sda2116

New

Re:

Post by sda2116 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Lawschool123456 wrote:Has anyone else not received any decision yet? If so, do you think it's okay to send a LOCI? I applied in March.
I'm in the same boat, someone please advise!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Duds

New

Post by Duds » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 am

Fingerscrossed11 wrote:
Duds wrote:Hey ya'll. Anybody else get accepted on Friday after the Wednesday feeler email?

I felt ghosted for forever, then got waitlisted. I got that feeler email and responded asap to the email.

Now I'm sending in my deposit next week!

Anyone care to share whats in the black box that they send? They said they are mailing it out to me Tuesday.

Thanks!
Hi—can you please explain further? I was likewise ghosted until recently then waitlisted. I would love some more information on your process and what “feeler email@ you are referring to!
Hey! Sorry this took awhile to respond, been crazy busy. Just before I was accepted I got an email that read:

"I write with news about your application on the wait list for the Vanderbilt J.D. class entering in August 2018. We remain interested in your candidacy, and we anticipate the possibility of making additional offers of admission once our June 1 second deposit deadline passes.

If you would like consideration for places that might become available in our entering class over the next few weeks, please reply to this message to let us know about your interest and your situation. If you have questions, please contact us at admissions@law.vanderbilt.edu or 615.322.6452.

Thank you for your patience with our process. We look forward to hearing from you."

I replied within the hour with a thoughtful email that Vandy was my first choice (because it is) and was accepted two days later. I also wrote no joke three separate letters of continued interest over the application cycle.

Hope this helps!

Duds

New

Re:

Post by Duds » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 am

Lawschool123456 wrote:Has anyone else not received any decision yet? If so, do you think it's okay to send a LOCI? I applied in March.
*Candidate that was ghosted for months, then waitlisted, then accepted*

I would say a letter of continued interest would be fantastic. Just make sure it is truthful and energetic. I sent three (or four??) over the time between I turned in my app (Jan cuz of retake, but interviewed in October) and when I was accepted. Vandy was always my first choice and I made sure they knew that - with "first choice" in bold/italicized within the LOCI and emails to them.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Duds

New

Post by Duds » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:18 am

Sorry to quote my own quote, but I thought it was important to add I got this email may 23rd and was accepted may 25th. So the June 1st thing may have been a bluff?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”