Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Did you/will you submit a Why Berkeley?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 am

Yes
74%
No
18%
I have a 4.0/180
8%

Total votes: 150

Fiona_RH

New

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by Fiona_RH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm

IN! ED applicant. submitted why Berkeley. Intl student.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Fiona_RH wrote:IN! ED applicant. submitted why Berkeley. Intl student.
congrats! so I guess they are doing both ED and RD today. when did you get a notification? was it a little while ago with everyone else or would you say it's on a rolling basis?

Fiona_RH

New

Post by Fiona_RH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Mikey wrote:
congrats! so I guess they are doing both ED and RD today. when did you get a notification? was it a little while ago with everyone else or would you say it's on a rolling basis?
yea it was like an hour ago same with everyone else.

bbwannabe

New

Post by bbwannabe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Fiona_RH wrote:
Mikey wrote:
yea it was like an hour ago same with everyone else.
Hey! Congrats :) do u mind sharing ur stats? Also ED applicant waiting...

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 pm

In today via email! Guys, I'm so excited and so grateful!!!!! This is a blessing for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:32 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:In today via email! Guys, I'm so excited and so grateful!!!!! This is a blessing for me.
I know it's a weird question but do you mind saying what time the email was sent to you? And congrats!

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm

etramak wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:In today via email! Guys, I'm so excited and so grateful!!!!! This is a blessing for me.
I know it's a weird question but do you mind saying what time the email was sent to you? And congrats!
Not a babe, but I got my email at 2:04pm Eastern

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

etramak wrote:
It came in at 2:04 pm EST.

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Darn, I guess I missed a wave today. I have a stats & date twin that got in today so that's obnoxious. Still holding out hope that I can avoid the waitlist/ding.

thx Berk

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyc2dc

New

Post by nyc2dc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Does anyone know when accepted students will get notified about scholarship offers?

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:25 pm

etramak wrote:
theharleyquinn wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:I'M IN !!!!!!
+1! I saw the email hit my inbox and was like, "Wait, what?"
Congrats when did you guys go UR1
I went UR1 on Jan. 3rd (status checker), but then I received an email from Berkeley saying I was under review on the 9th. So, I am not totally sure when I officially was in review.

usersomethingname

New

Post by usersomethingname » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 pm

walks wrote:In!

Submitted 12/11, UR1 12/12 and not a peep since then.

I'm so excited I love California
Did you apply to Stanford? (I peeped your stats)

usersomethingname

New

Post by usersomethingname » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 pm

chelseacarl4970 wrote:
usersomethingname wrote:UR since 10/30
Did you get in today?
no

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

usersomethingname

New

Post by usersomethingname » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:00 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:I applied to Berkeley fully expecting a rejection. I figured I should apply to at least one school that I had little or no chance of getting into. I’ve already heard back from every other school I applied to. The next highest ranked was Vanderbilt, where I was waitlisted. I say all this to say that I’ve been UR since 10/3, and that there is likely a big wave of rejections on the way that will include folks like me.
What were your stats and are you a URM?

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:41 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:I applied to Berkeley fully expecting a rejection. I figured I should apply to at least one school that I had little or no chance of getting into. I’ve already heard back from every other school I applied to. The next highest ranked was Vanderbilt, where I was waitlisted. I say all this to say that I’ve been UR since 10/3, and that there is likely a big wave of rejections on the way that will include folks like me.
I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. I'm in the same boat as you, but I just got accepted today. You can look at my stats and see that the odds were wayyyyy against me, but it seems Berk really does have a holistic process. I'm not exceptional by any means, but I spent a long time crafting a personal statement that really spoke to why I wanted to go to law school. Have faith!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. I'm in the same boat as you, but I just got accepted today. You can look at my stats and see that the odds were wayyyyy against me, but it seems Berk really does have a holistic process. I'm not exceptional by any means, but I spent a long time crafting a personal statement that really spoke to why I wanted to go to law school. Have faith!
+ 1 to everything TheAmazingBabe said. I too am underwhelming stats-wise... my odds of being admitted were way low too... far below your average Berkeley admit. Like TheAmazingBabe, I spent a lot of time on my PS. I did have very strong, sincere reasons for wanting to attend Berkeley and I communicated that in my "why Berkeley" statement (which I believe one should absolutely submit). I also communicated with professors writing my LORs what I perceived my weaknesses to be as an applicant and asked them to counter-balance that if they could or so choose to do so. I believe they did, happily. And I echo TheAmazingBabe's belief that Berkeley is holistic. There is no way I am admitted absent a holistic review.

seanbodonovan

New

Post by seanbodonovan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 am

usersomethingname wrote:
166/3.36 and no

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

seanbodonovan

New

Post by seanbodonovan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 am

NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
+ 1 to everything TheAmazingBabe said. I too am underwhelming stats-wise... my odds of being admitted were way low too... far below your average Berkeley admit. Like TheAmazingBabe, I spent a lot of time on my PS. I did have very strong, sincere reasons for wanting to attend Berkeley and I communicated that in my "why Berkeley" statement (which I believe one should absolutely submit). I also communicated with professors writing my LORs what I perceived my weaknesses to be as an applicant and asked them to counter-balance that if they could or so choose to do so. I believe they did, happily. And I echo TheAmazingBabe's belief that Berkeley is holistic. There is no way I am admitted absent a holistic review.
All of this is actually very encouraging. I’m not going to get my hopes up, but I guess should stop being all doom and gloom about it and just wait and see.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:05 am

seanbodonovan wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
All of this is actually very encouraging. I’m not going to get my hopes up, but I guess should stop being all doom and gloom about it and just wait and see.
I am glad this gives you hope, as it should :D

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:37 am

seanbodonovan wrote:
usersomethingname wrote:
166/3.36 and no
Btw... I have lower LSAT than you and a GPA that isn't tremendously higher. I hope that gives you, and those waiting, more hope. :D

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
Congrats! Intnl student in here as well and your words give me hope not having outstanding stats.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

usersomethingname

New

Post by usersomethingname » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Dinged. UR since 10/30

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Splitter here! Just dinged. Above 75th LSAT. Below 25th GPA. (As a splitter tends to be!) Wrote a Why Berkeley. Feeling oddly at peace about this. DEUCES.

jimmyplayer601

Bronze

Post by jimmyplayer601 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 pm

heyduchess wrote:Splitter here! Just dinged. Above 75th LSAT. Below 25th GPA. (As a splitter tends to be!) Wrote a Why Berkeley. Feeling oddly at peace about this. DEUCES.
Email?

missakari

New

Post by missakari » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Dinged y’all!! Kinda saw this coming, but also a bit bummed. On the status checker, not to be crazy, but did anyone else get the “we have decided not to admit you in the class of 2020”? :shock: Anyways, best of luck to the rest of you guys!
Last edited by missakari on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”