Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
59
20%
NO
176
58%
Ehhhh idk
67
22%
 
Total votes: 302

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 pm

38981928 wrote:I don't know if I missed it, but has anyone received scholarship information yet? Or even a confirmation that they received the required documents?


they were supposed to start telling people LAST week. Idk what's going on . I've called and have been given multiple excuses. I'm not mad/complaining, but if you know it's gonna be later, just say that.

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
38981928 wrote:I don't know if I missed it, but has anyone received scholarship information yet? Or even a confirmation that they received the required documents?


they were supposed to start telling people LAST week. Idk what's going on . I've called and have been given multiple excuses. I'm not mad/complaining, but if you know it's gonna be later, just say that.


Hmm... I wonder if that whole increase in apps + high LSAT scorers thing is making adcoms/finaid people rethink their admissions and scholarship strategy mid-cycle!

latinxlawschool2020

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
LSATuration wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Checking in, I just got an interview request. I heard the interviews are weird.. can someone explain. I want to be prepared :)


Same! Someone pls

I think a lot of people are just freaked out about the format. You get asked some prerecorded video questions and have 30 seconds to think about it and a minute to answer. It’s awkward because you just watch yourself answer and you aren’t talking directly to anyone. There are also a few typed questions and I think the only reason people worry about those is because they have some unusual questions for an interview (like opinion based social justice type questions).

It’s really not too bad, just an awkward format. I worried a lot about it and I felt like my worrying was overblown afterwards.

One thing I did that I would highly recommend is looking at the camera instead of yourself on the screen. I thought it was a lot easier to concentrate by not having to see myself talk.


I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
LSATuration wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Checking in, I just got an interview request. I heard the interviews are weird.. can someone explain. I want to be prepared :)


Same! Someone pls

I think a lot of people are just freaked out about the format. You get asked some prerecorded video questions and have 30 seconds to think about it and a minute to answer. It’s awkward because you just watch yourself answer and you aren’t talking directly to anyone. There are also a few typed questions and I think the only reason people worry about those is because they have some unusual questions for an interview (like opinion based social justice type questions).

It’s really not too bad, just an awkward format. I worried a lot about it and I felt like my worrying was overblown afterwards.

One thing I did that I would highly recommend is looking at the camera instead of yourself on the screen. I thought it was a lot easier to concentrate by not having to see myself talk.


I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help

If you look at last year's thread (around like page 40 I think) there's a long list of questions people have been asked. Mine were all similar to those.

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:37 pm

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help


I had similar questions to the ones you mentioned, but we are also explicitly asked at the end of the interview to refrain from sharing the questions so I won't go into the specifics. I had a few questions that asked me about current events (though I don't feel you need to actually know about current events to answer it) and a few questions that are typical of law school interviews like Why Cornell, Why Law, etc.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:39 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.

User avatar
caligari

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby caligari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.


The anxiety is killing me

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.


The anxiety is killing me


Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.


The anxiety is killing me


Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).

Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:07 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.


The anxiety is killing me


Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).

Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.


Pls God no re ding wave. I just noticed this change on my app too thanks to you guys. Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps this means our interviews are in a queue to be watched by the adcoms this week, and to be doubly speculative (because why not), we'll get a wave on Friday.

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby robin acrewood » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.


The anxiety is killing me


Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).

Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.


My status went interview received for a few days before I was WL.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm

robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal

Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.


Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.


The anxiety is killing me


Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).

Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.


My status went interview received for a few days before I was WL.

Shitttt

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby robin acrewood » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:47 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:.

Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.


My status went interview received for a few days before I was WL.

Shitttt

FWIW, my friend who was WL on the same day had only submitted his interview 2 days prior, and his status never changed. I don't think the status means much.

latinxlawschool2020

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:12 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help


I had similar questions to the ones you mentioned, but we are also explicitly asked at the end of the interview to refrain from sharing the questions so I won't go into the specifics. I had a few questions that asked me about current events (though I don't feel you need to actually know about current events to answer it) and a few questions that are typical of law school interviews like Why Cornell, Why Law, etc.



Thank you :) that makes sense

latinxlawschool2020

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
LSATuration wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Checking in, I just got an interview request. I heard the interviews are weird.. can someone explain. I want to be prepared :)


Same! Someone pls

I think a lot of people are just freaked out about the format. You get asked some prerecorded video questions and have 30 seconds to think about it and a minute to answer. It’s awkward because you just watch yourself answer and you aren’t talking directly to anyone. There are also a few typed questions and I think the only reason people worry about those is because they have some unusual questions for an interview (like opinion based social justice type questions).

It’s really not too bad, just an awkward format. I worried a lot about it and I felt like my worrying was overblown afterwards.

One thing I did that I would highly recommend is looking at the camera instead of yourself on the screen. I thought it was a lot easier to concentrate by not having to see myself talk.


I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help

If you look at last year's thread (around like page 40 I think) there's a long list of questions people have been asked. Mine were all similar to those.



ahhh THANKS :D

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Big red book in the mail today! Check your mailboxes :D

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Got the big red book.

I thought it was scholly info hahah

but cool book!

nosurprises23

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby nosurprises23 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Did you guys who got big red books check your e-mails/status checkers the last few days? If so what did they say?

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

nosurprises23 wrote:Did you guys who got big red books check your e-mails/status checkers the last few days? If so what did they say?



Current Status: Congratulations! You are admitted!



no word on money :x

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

blackmamba8 wrote:Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.

Congrats!! That’s so exciting. Did they just now call? And did your status checker change again?
Hoping I get some good news soon too... :lol:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:47 am

blackmamba8 wrote:Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.


Did your status change?? Going to sit anxiously by my phone all day now.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.

Congrats!! That’s so exciting. Did they just now call? And did your status checker change again?
Hoping I get some good news soon too... :lol:

Thank you!! They called about 20 minutes ago. I just checked and my status is still at interview received 12/11. I'm rooting for you!

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

blackmamba8 wrote:Thank you!! They called about 20 minutes ago. I just checked and my status is still at interview received 12/11. I'm rooting for you!

Thanks friend! Happy that you got your news before the new year like you wanted (but I hope you dont actually have to give up your Christmas presents :wink: ).
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.


Congrats btw!! Glad your got your early holiday gift!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests