Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
22%
NO
56%
Ehhhh idk
22%

Total votes: 326

AaronCarter

Bronze

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Post by AaronCarter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 pm

38981928 wrote:I don't know if I missed it, but has anyone received scholarship information yet? Or even a confirmation that they received the required documents?
they were supposed to start telling people LAST week. Idk what's going on . I've called and have been given multiple excuses. I'm not mad/complaining, but if you know it's gonna be later, just say that.

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
38981928 wrote:I don't know if I missed it, but has anyone received scholarship information yet? Or even a confirmation that they received the required documents?
they were supposed to start telling people LAST week. Idk what's going on . I've called and have been given multiple excuses. I'm not mad/complaining, but if you know it's gonna be later, just say that.
Hmm... I wonder if that whole increase in apps + high LSAT scorers thing is making adcoms/finaid people rethink their admissions and scholarship strategy mid-cycle!

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
LSATuration wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Checking in, I just got an interview request. I heard the interviews are weird.. can someone explain. I want to be prepared :)
Same! Someone pls
I think a lot of people are just freaked out about the format. You get asked some prerecorded video questions and have 30 seconds to think about it and a minute to answer. It’s awkward because you just watch yourself answer and you aren’t talking directly to anyone. There are also a few typed questions and I think the only reason people worry about those is because they have some unusual questions for an interview (like opinion based social justice type questions).

It’s really not too bad, just an awkward format. I worried a lot about it and I felt like my worrying was overblown afterwards.
One thing I did that I would highly recommend is looking at the camera instead of yourself on the screen. I thought it was a lot easier to concentrate by not having to see myself talk.
I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
LSATuration wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Checking in, I just got an interview request. I heard the interviews are weird.. can someone explain. I want to be prepared :)
Same! Someone pls
I think a lot of people are just freaked out about the format. You get asked some prerecorded video questions and have 30 seconds to think about it and a minute to answer. It’s awkward because you just watch yourself answer and you aren’t talking directly to anyone. There are also a few typed questions and I think the only reason people worry about those is because they have some unusual questions for an interview (like opinion based social justice type questions).

It’s really not too bad, just an awkward format. I worried a lot about it and I felt like my worrying was overblown afterwards.
One thing I did that I would highly recommend is looking at the camera instead of yourself on the screen. I thought it was a lot easier to concentrate by not having to see myself talk.
I'm not freaked out about the format, I'm just curious as to what kind of questions they ask. I've heard from friends last year about the prerecorded questions. I just want to see if the questions are the same. How to prepare for that... one of my friends told me the one she remembers that tripped her up was " What do you expect from a Cornell education"
She also said something about France banning Muslims religious headdresses...So if anyone has info on this plz help
If you look at last year's thread (around like page 40 I think) there's a long list of questions people have been asked. Mine were all similar to those.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:37 pm

I had similar questions to the ones you mentioned, but we are also explicitly asked at the end of the interview to refrain from sharing the questions so I won't go into the specifics. I had a few questions that asked me about current events (though I don't feel you need to actually know about current events to answer it) and a few questions that are typical of law school interviews like Why Cornell, Why Law, etc.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slawthschool

New

Post by Slawthschool » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:39 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal
Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.
Yeah same change on mine as well. Very interesting.

caligari

New

Post by caligari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:Went to interview received but the status date didn't change. Any insight or is that normal
Mine did the same thing. Weird. I got a date change to "12/11 interview requested" after I submitted my interview, and now it says "12/11 interview received." I first got the interview request on 12/07.
The anxiety is killing me

Slawthschool

New

Post by Slawthschool » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Pure speculation, but I'm really hoping all of us having the same status change means there's an admissions wave happening very soon (please before the holidays).
Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:07 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Imagine a ding wave right before they leave for the holidays. That would be so cruel lol.

It's weird because looking through this thread I don't see anyone with interview received status updates before us, although I could've missed them.
Pls God no re ding wave. I just noticed this change on my app too thanks to you guys. Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps this means our interviews are in a queue to be watched by the adcoms this week, and to be doubly speculative (because why not), we'll get a wave on Friday.

robin acrewood

New

Post by robin acrewood » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:

My status went interview received for a few days before I was WL.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm

robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
caligari wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:

Shitttt

robin acrewood

New

Post by robin acrewood » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:47 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Slawthschool wrote:.

Shitttt
FWIW, my friend who was WL on the same day had only submitted his interview 2 days prior, and his status never changed. I don't think the status means much.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:12 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
I had similar questions to the ones you mentioned, but we are also explicitly asked at the end of the interview to refrain from sharing the questions so I won't go into the specifics. I had a few questions that asked me about current events (though I don't feel you need to actually know about current events to answer it) and a few questions that are typical of law school interviews like Why Cornell, Why Law, etc.

Thank you :) that makes sense

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:13 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
LSATuration wrote:
Same! Someone pls

If you look at last year's thread (around like page 40 I think) there's a long list of questions people have been asked. Mine were all similar to those.

ahhh THANKS :D

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Big red book in the mail today! Check your mailboxes :D

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Got the big red book.

I thought it was scholly info hahah

but cool book!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nosurprises23

New

Post by nosurprises23 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Did you guys who got big red books check your e-mails/status checkers the last few days? If so what did they say?

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

nosurprises23 wrote:Did you guys who got big red books check your e-mails/status checkers the last few days? If so what did they say?

Current Status: Congratulations! You are admitted!

no word on money :x

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:46 am

blackmamba8 wrote:Ahhhh I'm in!!! Missed the call but they left a voicemail.
Congrats!! That’s so exciting. Did they just now call? And did your status checker change again?
Hoping I get some good news soon too... :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slawthschool

New

Post by Slawthschool » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:47 am

Did your status change?? Going to sit anxiously by my phone all day now.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
Congrats!! That’s so exciting. Did they just now call? And did your status checker change again?
Hoping I get some good news soon too... :lol:
Thank you!! They called about 20 minutes ago. I just checked and my status is still at interview received 12/11. I'm rooting for you!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

blackmamba8 wrote: Thank you!! They called about 20 minutes ago. I just checked and my status is still at interview received 12/11. I'm rooting for you!
Thanks friend! Happy that you got your news before the new year like you wanted (but I hope you dont actually have to give up your Christmas presents :wink: ).

Slawthschool

New

Post by Slawthschool » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Congrats btw!! Glad your got your early holiday gift!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”