WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
18
9%
Reach
29
14%
Safety App
59
29%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
52
25%
For Scholarship Negotiation
49
24%
 
Total votes: 207

User avatar
andysimbi
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby andysimbi » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:00 pm

LSNlife wrote:
andysimbi wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
andysimbi wrote:Does the status checker always have the First Deposit and Second Deposit boxes? I've seen so many of these I can't remember which had what, at this point.


It does not, or at least mine doesn't


Thanks! Hopefully this is a good sign for me.


I'm sure you're email is on its way! Good luck :)


You were right! Got in this morning! :)

LSNlife
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby LSNlife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:09 pm

andysimbi wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
andysimbi wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
andysimbi wrote:Does the status checker always have the First Deposit and Second Deposit boxes? I've seen so many of these I can't remember which had what, at this point.


It does not, or at least mine doesn't


Thanks! Hopefully this is a good sign for me.


I'm sure you're email is on its way! Good luck :)


You were right! Got in this morning! :)


CONGRATS!!!

flyingbirdy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby flyingbirdy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:14 pm

I had the same thing happen with the seat deposit boxes. Checked two days ago when I saw the posts and noticed I had the seat deposit check boxes as well.

Just got my offer this morning. For reference, my file went complete Nov 25, interview request Nov 29, Interview Dec 13 (ad com hinted that I would be admitted during the interview), and Dec 29 (today) offer of admission.

Cooley_Or_Bust
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:26 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:BEST DAY EVER! I just received a scholarship email for full tuition + a $20k/year living stipend! I'm so insanely excited right now! This wins best present WUSTL has given me, just edging out the super comfy free t-shirt I'm wearing right now.



Congrats!!

Are you for sure going to attend?


It's a tough call! I live in the area and everyone thinks very highly of WUSTL. Not to mention it would be incredible to be paid to go to law school. I'm going to wait and see how the rest of the cycle unfolds before I commit.

yaynaiveoptimism
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby yaynaiveoptimism » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:30 pm

sorry if this has already been brought up, but is it normal to get an interview request from WUSTL if you haven't even applied? like I don't even have them on my LSAC school list, but I got an interview request via email today

CADM1UM
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby CADM1UM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?

Wiscundergrad
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Wiscundergrad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 pm

I was admitted 22 December but have yet to hear any more information. Is this normal? Other schools have sent me log in information in order to upload final transcripts etc. Is this information coming or does WashU do things differently?

Thanks

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:12 pm

CADM1UM wrote:Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?



I would not reach out to them unless it's for a specific reason (sending a new LOR, why x, visiting the school, etc.) Otherwise, it doesn't come across well. I'm pretty sure Spivey wrote a blog regarding this! It's also still early and I'm sure your acceptance will come soon :) Just be patient!

p.s. if you haven't submitted a why x or visited the school, etc. that could be a good way to create a reason to reach out to them

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Wiscundergrad wrote:I was admitted 22 December but have yet to hear any more information. Is this normal? Other schools have sent me log in information in order to upload final transcripts etc. Is this information coming or does WashU do things differently?

Thanks


Definitely not unusual. If you look through this thread, there are plenty of people who didn't get scholarship info or the acceptance letter via mail right away. It's only been a week and the holidays are likely slowing things down!

sev
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby sev » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:18 pm

CADM1UM wrote:Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?

Might take a look at last year's graph versus this year's graph. There's a hard line at 3.7 and 168 that seems to only change for URMs or people off the waitlist. :?

CADM1UM
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby CADM1UM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:52 pm

sev wrote:
CADM1UM wrote:Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?

Might take a look at last year's graph versus this year's graph. There's a hard line at 3.7 and 168 that seems to only change for URMs or people off the waitlist. :?



Oh I'm not saying I necessarily expect an acceptance. Just was a bit surprised I haven't heard anything

lawdaddy1
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby lawdaddy1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm

I agree with the poster about there seeming to be a hard line at 168. I would just say, for now. 167, 3.75 here and it's
been crickets since October. I'm not losing hope yet. They have been accepting any 170 plus that applied even including many
179's, 178;s , 177;s etc. Will any of them attend even at full scholly? Highly doubtful. Don't give up yet. They will still have to
fill their lower middle ranks, it just might come later than hoped for. Being accepted at Vandy and UT already helps with the stress
of worrying about being dissed by Wash U as they yet again try to buy their way to higher rankings. This is one school that has not heard of YP
and gives the love to splitters.

User avatar
wmbuff
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby wmbuff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm

lawdaddy1 wrote:I agree with the poster about there seeming to be a hard line at 168. I would just say, for now. 167, 3.75 here and it's
been crickets since October. I'm not losing hope yet. They have been accepting any 170 plus that applied even including many
179's, 178;s , 177;s etc. Will any of them attend even at full scholly? Highly doubtful. Don't give up yet. They will still have to
fill their lower middle ranks, it just might come later than hoped for. Being accepted at Vandy and UT already helps with the stress
of worrying about being dissed by Wash U as they yet again try to buy their way to higher rankings. This is one school that has not heard of YP
and gives the love to splitters.


Speaking as a super-splitter, I'm glad Wash U has taken me, and hope that they give me a viable scholarship offer. I'd love to imagine that Vandy and UT would both take me (still waiting on answers from both) and at a rate I could afford, but I'm not holding my breath that both will be real options. All told, it's a good thing the law school ecosystem has a variety of admissions strategies running around, since we can't all be Yale material.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 8014
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Mikey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Finally submitted!

par283
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby par283 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:06 pm

In as of Friday morning!! =) Super pumped as WashU is the highest school I've gotten into so far.

Still waiting on scholarship info, but I'm a splitter so I'm not super optimistic (2.9, 168). Anyone else close to my numbers get decent money?

User avatar
DaydreamNation
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby DaydreamNation » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:54 pm

par283 wrote:In as of Friday morning!! =) Super pumped as WashU is the highest school I've gotten into so far.

Still waiting on scholarship info, but I'm a splitter so I'm not super optimistic (2.9, 168). Anyone else close to my numbers get decent money?

PM'd

magnolia18
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby magnolia18 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 am

Why did they send that happy new year email highlighting things to do at the school when I'm still waiting for a decision...

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby TheKingLives » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 am

.
Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 8014
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Mikey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:00 pm

magnolia18 wrote:Why did they send that happy new year email highlighting things to do at the school when I'm still waiting for a decision...

:lol: :lol:

when I got that I thought it was going to be like a "Happy new year! you're in with a full scholarship because you're awesome congrats!". I think it's obvious that I was disappointed.

User avatar
Pewpew
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Pewpew » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:21 pm

magnolia18 wrote:Why did they send that happy new year email highlighting things to do at the school when I'm still waiting for a decision...


+1

LiveJustly390
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby LiveJustly390 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:11 am

wmbuff wrote:
lawdaddy1 wrote:I agree with the poster about there seeming to be a hard line at 168. I would just say, for now. 167, 3.75 here and it's
been crickets since October. I'm not losing hope yet. They have been accepting any 170 plus that applied even including many
179's, 178;s , 177;s etc. Will any of them attend even at full scholly? Highly doubtful. Don't give up yet. They will still have to
fill their lower middle ranks, it just might come later than hoped for. Being accepted at Vandy and UT already helps with the stress
of worrying about being dissed by Wash U as they yet again try to buy their way to higher rankings. This is one school that has not heard of YP
and gives the love to splitters.


Speaking as a super-splitter, I'm glad Wash U has taken me, and hope that they give me a viable scholarship offer. I'd love to imagine that Vandy and UT would both take me (still waiting on answers from both) and at a rate I could afford, but I'm not holding my breath that both will be real options. All told, it's a good thing the law school ecosystem has a variety of admissions strategies running around, since we can't all be Yale material.


Idk, I had a 166 and was accepted. I mean my gpa was really high but most schools put more weight on the LSAT. I applied 11/09, interviewed 11/15, and was accepted 12/05.

lawdaddy1
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby lawdaddy1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am

You seem to be the exception to be sure but that's awesome! Congrats! It's a New Year and here's to hoping for some positive movement soon!
The email they sent out this weekend was interesting. Number one thing mentioned was planning a visit. I wonder if they are really looking to see expressed interest? Have many of you that have been accepted visited the campus?

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am

lawdaddy1 wrote:You seem to be the exception to be sure but that's awesome! Congrats! It's a New Year and here's to hoping for some positive movement soon!
The email they sent out this weekend was interesting. Number one thing mentioned was planning a visit. I wonder if they are really looking to see expressed interest? Have many of you that have been accepted visited the campus?


I was accepted and visited campus (did an on-campus interview). It's also a really great experience if you are seriously considering them! :)

User avatar
sabraph
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby sabraph » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Applied!

User avatar
HenryHankPalmer
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 pm

lawdaddy1 wrote:You seem to be the exception to be sure but that's awesome! Congrats! It's a New Year and here's to hoping for some positive movement soon!
The email they sent out this weekend was interesting. Number one thing mentioned was planning a visit. I wonder if they are really looking to see expressed interest? Have many of you that have been accepted visited the campus?

I expressed an interest in visiting during my Skype interview in October, and will be visiting in late January. It will be my first time in St. Louis. As a Texan, I am not looking forward to the cold, but it will be nice to see if I can handle it for more than a few days.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: appleslothz, magic, steadfastness11 and 12 guests