WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
8%
Reach
16%
Safety App
27%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
27%
For Scholarship Negotiation
23%

Total votes: 257

andysimbi

Bronze

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Post by andysimbi » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:00 pm

TLS wrote:
andysimbi wrote:
TLS wrote:
andysimbi wrote:Does the status checker always have the First Deposit and Second Deposit boxes? I've seen so many of these I can't remember which had what, at this point.
It does not, or at least mine doesn't
Thanks! Hopefully this is a good sign for me.
I'm sure you're email is on its way! Good luck :)
You were right! Got in this morning! :)

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:09 pm

andysimbi wrote:
TLS wrote:
andysimbi wrote:
TLS wrote:
andysimbi wrote:Does the status checker always have the First Deposit and Second Deposit boxes? I've seen so many of these I can't remember which had what, at this point.
It does not, or at least mine doesn't
Thanks! Hopefully this is a good sign for me.
I'm sure you're email is on its way! Good luck :)
You were right! Got in this morning! :)
CONGRATS!!!

flyingbirdy

New

Post by flyingbirdy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:14 pm

I had the same thing happen with the seat deposit boxes. Checked two days ago when I saw the posts and noticed I had the seat deposit check boxes as well.

Just got my offer this morning. For reference, my file went complete Nov 25, interview request Nov 29, Interview Dec 13 (ad com hinted that I would be admitted during the interview), and Dec 29 (today) offer of admission.

Cooley_Or_Bust

New

Post by Cooley_Or_Bust » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:26 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:BEST DAY EVER! I just received a scholarship email for full tuition + a $20k/year living stipend! I'm so insanely excited right now! This wins best present WUSTL has given me, just edging out the super comfy free t-shirt I'm wearing right now.

Congrats!!

Are you for sure going to attend?
It's a tough call! I live in the area and everyone thinks very highly of WUSTL. Not to mention it would be incredible to be paid to go to law school. I'm going to wait and see how the rest of the cycle unfolds before I commit.

yaynaiveoptimism

New

Post by yaynaiveoptimism » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:30 pm

sorry if this has already been brought up, but is it normal to get an interview request from WUSTL if you haven't even applied? like I don't even have them on my LSAC school list, but I got an interview request via email today

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CADM1UM

New

Post by CADM1UM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?

Wiscundergrad

New

Post by Wiscundergrad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 pm

I was admitted 22 December but have yet to hear any more information. Is this normal? Other schools have sent me log in information in order to upload final transcripts etc. Is this information coming or does WashU do things differently?

Thanks

wolfonlawstreet

Bronze

Post by wolfonlawstreet » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:12 pm

CADM1UM wrote:Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?

I would not reach out to them unless it's for a specific reason (sending a new LOR, why x, visiting the school, etc.) Otherwise, it doesn't come across well. I'm pretty sure Spivey wrote a blog regarding this! It's also still early and I'm sure your acceptance will come soon :) Just be patient!

p.s. if you haven't submitted a why x or visited the school, etc. that could be a good way to create a reason to reach out to them
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfonlawstreet

Bronze

Post by wolfonlawstreet » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Wiscundergrad wrote:I was admitted 22 December but have yet to hear any more information. Is this normal? Other schools have sent me log in information in order to upload final transcripts etc. Is this information coming or does WashU do things differently?

Thanks
Definitely not unusual. If you look through this thread, there are plenty of people who didn't get scholarship info or the acceptance letter via mail right away. It's only been a week and the holidays are likely slowing things down!
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:18 pm

CADM1UM wrote:Hey guys I went complete in late October but have heard nothing but my completion email. No interview request, no decision, no movement at all. My stats are 167 3.25 so I didn't think I was that sub par of an applicant to hear absolutely nothing for this long. Should I send them an email just to check in and see what's up or is this normal?
Might take a look at last year's graph versus this year's graph. There's a hard line at 3.7 and 168 that seems to only change for URMs or people off the waitlist. :?

CADM1UM

New

Post by CADM1UM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:52 pm

sev wrote:
Might take a look at last year's graph versus this year's graph. There's a hard line at 3.7 and 168 that seems to only change for URMs or people off the waitlist. :?

Oh I'm not saying I necessarily expect an acceptance. Just was a bit surprised I haven't heard anything

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm

I agree with the poster about there seeming to be a hard line at 168. I would just say, for now. 167, 3.75 here and it's
been crickets since October. I'm not losing hope yet. They have been accepting any 170 plus that applied even including many
179's, 178;s , 177;s etc. Will any of them attend even at full scholly? Highly doubtful. Don't give up yet. They will still have to
fill their lower middle ranks, it just might come later than hoped for. Being accepted at Vandy and UT already helps with the stress
of worrying about being dissed by Wash U as they yet again try to buy their way to higher rankings. This is one school that has not heard of YP
and gives the love to splitters.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm

lawdaddy1 wrote:I agree with the poster about there seeming to be a hard line at 168. I would just say, for now. 167, 3.75 here and it's
been crickets since October. I'm not losing hope yet. They have been accepting any 170 plus that applied even including many
179's, 178;s , 177;s etc. Will any of them attend even at full scholly? Highly doubtful. Don't give up yet. They will still have to
fill their lower middle ranks, it just might come later than hoped for. Being accepted at Vandy and UT already helps with the stress
of worrying about being dissed by Wash U as they yet again try to buy their way to higher rankings. This is one school that has not heard of YP
Speaking as a super-splitter, I'm glad Wash U has taken me, and hope that they give me a viable scholarship offer. I'd love to imagine that Vandy and UT would both take me (still waiting on answers from both) and at a rate I could afford, but I'm not holding my breath that both will be real options. All told, it's a good thing the law school ecosystem has a variety of admissions strategies running around, since we can't all be Yale material.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Finally submitted!

par283

New

Post by par283 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:06 pm

In as of Friday morning!! =) Super pumped as WashU is the highest school I've gotten into so far.

Still waiting on scholarship info, but I'm a splitter so I'm not super optimistic (2.9, 168). Anyone else close to my numbers get decent money?

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:54 pm

par283 wrote:In as of Friday morning!! =) Super pumped as WashU is the highest school I've gotten into so far.

Still waiting on scholarship info, but I'm a splitter so I'm not super optimistic (2.9, 168). Anyone else close to my numbers get decent money?
PM'd

magnolia18

New

Post by magnolia18 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 am

Why did they send that happy new year email highlighting things to do at the school when I'm still waiting for a decision...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 am

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:00 pm

magnolia18 wrote:Why did they send that happy new year email highlighting things to do at the school when I'm still waiting for a decision...
:lol: :lol:

when I got that I thought it was going to be like a "Happy new year! you're in with a full scholarship because you're awesome congrats!". I think it's obvious that I was disappointed.

Pewpew

New

Post by Pewpew » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:21 pm

magnolia18 wrote:Why did they send that happy new year email highlighting things to do at the school when I'm still waiting for a decision...
+1

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:11 am

wmbuff wrote:
lawdaddy1 wrote:I agree with the poster about there seeming to be a hard line at 168. I would just say, for now. 167, 3.75 here and it's
Speaking as a super-splitter, I'm glad Wash U has taken me, and hope that they give me a viable scholarship offer. I'd love to imagine that Vandy and UT would both take me (still waiting on answers from both) and at a rate I could afford, but I'm not holding my breath that both will be real options. All told, it's a good thing the law school ecosystem has a variety of admissions strategies running around, since we can't all be Yale material.
Idk, I had a 166 and was accepted. I mean my gpa was really high but most schools put more weight on the LSAT. I applied 11/09, interviewed 11/15, and was accepted 12/05.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am

You seem to be the exception to be sure but that's awesome! Congrats! It's a New Year and here's to hoping for some positive movement soon!
The email they sent out this weekend was interesting. Number one thing mentioned was planning a visit. I wonder if they are really looking to see expressed interest? Have many of you that have been accepted visited the campus?

wolfonlawstreet

Bronze

Post by wolfonlawstreet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am

lawdaddy1 wrote:You seem to be the exception to be sure but that's awesome! Congrats! It's a New Year and here's to hoping for some positive movement soon!
The email they sent out this weekend was interesting. Number one thing mentioned was planning a visit. I wonder if they are really looking to see expressed interest? Have many of you that have been accepted visited the campus?
I was accepted and visited campus (did an on-campus interview). It's also a really great experience if you are seriously considering them! :)

sabraph

Bronze

Post by sabraph » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Applied!

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 pm

lawdaddy1 wrote:You seem to be the exception to be sure but that's awesome! Congrats! It's a New Year and here's to hoping for some positive movement soon!
I expressed an interest in visiting during my Skype interview in October, and will be visiting in late January. It will be my first time in St. Louis. As a Texan, I am not looking forward to the cold, but it will be nice to see if I can handle it for more than a few days.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”