WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
8%
Reach
16%
Safety App
27%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
27%
For Scholarship Negotiation
23%

Total votes: 257

sambam

New

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Post by sambam » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 pm

prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:Seems like there was a variety of emails sent to us tonight. Did anyone else not receive an email at all? I'm totally in the dark. Neither released nor explicitly updated that I've been kept on the waitlist.
Do you know what the emails said to the people about the waitlist?

it was just really what you got. People did get rejected off the waitlist, however. Did yours mentioned the word "impressed"? you can pm me if you want.
How do I PM you?
oh nevermind, I don't know how to pm either. Did your email say impressed and they are still continuing to consider you for admissions?
no, "Impressed" wasnt in my email. my stats were pretty low so i doubt they were impressed by me haha. Just a generic email saying we are still continuing to consider you. I also replied back and asked if they had a timeline to give to which she responded that the committee may not know until August (which is what i was expecting)

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:19 pm

sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:Seems like there was a variety of emails sent to us tonight. Did anyone else not receive an email at all? I'm totally in the dark. Neither released nor explicitly updated that I've been kept on the waitlist.

it was just really what you got. People did get rejected off the waitlist, however. Did yours mentioned the word "impressed"? you can pm me if you want.
How do I PM you?
oh nevermind, I don't know how to pm either. Did your email say impressed and they are still continuing to consider you for admissions?
no, "Impressed" wasnt in my email. my stats were pretty low so i doubt they were impressed by me haha. Just a generic email saying we are still continuing to consider you. I also replied back and asked if they had a timeline to give to which she responded that the committee may not know until August (which is what i was expecting)

Last Friday there was a wave of emails sent by WUSTL to the waitlist folks. Many were rejection emails. I sensed that a lot fewer of them were "sit tight" emails (which each had variations of them: some said we're "impressed" with you, some didn't say that, and some even said that admission was unlikely). Then there was another group that did not receive any email at all. I'm in that third very unsettling group. No email and no idea what's going on. I tried called WUSTL and they told me "You may hear something back this week." That was on Monday and it's Thursday now. I'm just sitting on my hands.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 pm

olemiss18 wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:

How do I PM you?

Last Friday there was a wave of emails sent by WUSTL to the waitlist folks. Many were rejection emails. I sensed that a lot fewer of them were "sit tight" emails (which each had variations of them: some said we're "impressed" with you, some didn't say that, and some even said that admission was unlikely). Then there was another group that did not receive any email at all. I'm in that third very unsettling group. No email and no idea what's going on. I tried called WUSTL and they told me "You may hear something back this week." That was on Monday and it's Thursday now. I'm just sitting on my hands.
Appreciate the info! :) I hope you get some good news this week!

stardom

New

Post by stardom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:08 am

So I got one of the rejected off the waitlist emails on the 15th sent to my private email, but they just sent me another email to my school email and told me I had a phone interview anyone know whats going on?

stardom

New

Post by stardom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 am

olemiss18 wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:

How do I PM you?

So I got one of the rejected off the waitlist emails on the 15th sent to my private email, but they just sent me another email to my school email and told me I had a phone interview anyone know whats going on?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 am

stardom wrote:So I got one of the rejected off the waitlist emails on the 15th sent to my private email, but they just sent me another email to my school email and told me I had a phone interview anyone know whats going on?
woah, thats crazy. i would call them to see whats up? or just move forward with the phone interview and not even bring up the rejected email in case they made a mistake by sending you the interview email.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 pm

man...someone on reddit posted that they called WUSTL admissions and they said the class is full.... :cry:

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

sambam wrote:man...someone on reddit posted that they called WUSTL admissions and they said the class is full.... :cry:
Can you link me to that post

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 pm

prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:man...someone on reddit posted that they called WUSTL admissions and they said the class is full.... :cry:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmis ... ate_email/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 pm

sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
Oh this is unfortunate lol, but when I contact them they say registrations are similar to previous years, so i dunno either.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm

prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
Oh this is unfortunate lol, but when I contact them they say registrations are similar to previous years, so i dunno either.
yes i want to take it with a grain of salt because i read another thread that said washU's facebook group for admitted students had a total of 160 students and previous years had a total of 230 so they might not have a full class...(also i realize people dont use fb and might not have joined the group but still gives me some hope)

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:45 pm

For what it's worth, I emailed and asked what my position was on the waitlist and such, just to see if they'd respond back to me with the same basic "our class if full but we'll keep you posted if that changes" rhetoric that other people received. They didn't actually say anything like that to me. In fact, they said I was still under review (post-waitlist review I guess?) and that they will get back to me. I don't know what that means, but it sounds much less final than any hint at the class being full.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:35 pm

olemiss18 wrote:For what it's worth, I emailed and asked what my position was on the waitlist and such, just to see if they'd respond back to me with the same basic "our class if full but we'll keep you posted if that changes" rhetoric that other people received. They didn't actually say anything like that to me. In fact, they said I was still under review (post-waitlist review I guess?) and that they will get back to me. I don't know what that means, but it sounds much less final than any hint at the class being full.

Yes, I also asked a similar question and they did not say anything along the lines that the class was full.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 pm

I'm late to update as I have had a busy couple of weeks, but I was admitted to WashU off the waitlist with a nice scholarship on the very last possible day to be accepted. Accepted on a Friday and classes started the following Monday. Crazy weekend for sure. Glad to be in the WUSTL Law c/o 2021.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”