Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

JS2s are upon us! What would you take over HLS? Anything?

HLS or bust, fam
54
17%
SLS/YLS
88
28%
T6 Full Tuition Scholly
81
26%
T6 w/ Money (< full)
29
9%
T6 Sticker
5
2%
T14 Full Tuition Scholly
42
13%
T14 w/ Money (< full)
14
4%
T14 Sticker
4
1%
 
Total votes: 317

shermy
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby shermy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm

JS1 today!

spectacles
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spectacles » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 pm

spicysalmonroll wrote:
spectacles wrote:JS1 today! Happy new year, everyone!

congrats!!!! saw that you're reapplying this year..what are your stats this year?

Unchanged from last cycle, plus a GRE and unusual softs. 173, 3.6X, PM for GRE details!

halamadrid
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby halamadrid » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Also a JS1 (two weeks after applying) today! I'm a heavy splitter (175 LSAT but only 3.5 UGPA) with good softs, so I'm not overly optimistic, but this was a nice morale boost to help me finish my 3 remaining apps! Hoping everyone gets some good news to start off their new year :)

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:13 pm

principalagent wrote:New posts on this thread stress me out more than any other on TLS high key


GURL STOP YOU KNOW YOU GOT THIS

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Hstrat wrote:Went complete 10/31, still no JS1... can I take that as a ding and stop stressing, do you think?

I've been complete since 10/13 with no JS1. You aren't alone.

trynamakeitin
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby trynamakeitin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Anyone want to speculate about the fact that there are no interview slots next Monday (1/8)? JS2s????

CarpeDiem17
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby CarpeDiem17 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:29 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:GOT A JS1 FINALLY :P


Congrats! I'm also waiting and hoping for a JS1. So I was wondering--when did you go complete?

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm

CarpeDiem17 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:GOT A JS1 FINALLY :P


Congrats! I'm also waiting and hoping for a JS1. So I was wondering--when did you go complete?


Went complete since 10/05

TomLawSchool
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm

trynamakeitin wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the fact that there are no interview slots next Monday (1/8)? JS2s????

+1

etramak
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Didnt knock the interview out of the park but wasnt a disaster either. Hopefully hear back soon but I'm expecting to wait awhile

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
principalagent wrote:New posts on this thread stress me out more than any other on TLS high key


GURL STOP YOU KNOW YOU GOT THIS


I’m honestly just trying to be great like you and soca_dancer *my inspirations*

jkander31
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jkander31 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 pm

so can we expect a wave of JS2's next week and another wave at the end of January?

User avatar
#gobroncos
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby #gobroncos » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 pm

jkander31 wrote:so can we expect a wave of JS2's next week and another wave at the end of January?


DId this happen last year? I kind of thought there’s usually just one January wave later in the month. That said, I’d be pumped for a JS2 wave next week (assuming I’m in it, of course)!

Teacher
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Teacher » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
jkander31 wrote:so can we expect a wave of JS2's next week and another wave at the end of January?


DId this happen last year? I kind of thought there’s usually just one January wave later in the month. That said, I’d be pumped for a JS2 wave next week (assuming I’m in it, of course)!


Do y’all think it’s at all possible for someone who had a JS1 today (**ahem** me) to be in the next JS2 wave? (**xrosses fingers**)

User avatar
zhyunjc
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:35 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby zhyunjc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:29 am

trynamakeitin wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the fact that there are no interview slots next Monday (1/8)? JS2s????

I would love to hear thoughts on this as well! :)

winmore1228
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby winmore1228 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 am

etramak wrote:Didnt knock the interview out of the park but wasnt a disaster either. Hopefully hear back soon but I'm expecting to wait awhile


Why do you say that? I also had mine and felt the same way. I've heard that the interview is a (relatively) small piece of the puzzle and isn't usually the reason behind an admissions outcome.

etramak
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:14 am

winmore1228 wrote:
etramak wrote:Didnt knock the interview out of the park but wasnt a disaster either. Hopefully hear back soon but I'm expecting to wait awhile


Why do you say that? I also had mine and felt the same way. I've heard that the interview is a (relatively) small piece of the puzzle and isn't usually the reason behind an admissions outcome.


Expecting to wait awhile because of stats, but the fact that I got a relatively quick JS1 was an encouraging sign as far as other aspects of the application go. As for the interview itself for the most part it went smoothly but i got nervous a couple times and either didn't speak too clearly or had to take a bit of a pause to gather my thoughts.

jkander31
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jkander31 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:34 am

etramak wrote:
winmore1228 wrote:
etramak wrote:Didnt knock the interview out of the park but wasnt a disaster either. Hopefully hear back soon but I'm expecting to wait awhile


Why do you say that? I also had mine and felt the same way. I've heard that the interview is a (relatively) small piece of the puzzle and isn't usually the reason behind an admissions outcome.


Expecting to wait awhile because of stats, but the fact that I got a relatively quick JS1 was an encouraging sign as far as other aspects of the application go. As for the interview itself for the most part it went smoothly but i got nervous a couple times and either didn't speak too clearly or had to take a bit of a pause to gather my thoughts.



They interview roughly 1300-1500 applicants a year and accept roughly 900. Assuming you didn't butcher (I mean completely butcher) the interview, you are looking at a 60% - 70% chance at an offer of admission.

etramak
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 am

jkander31 wrote:
etramak wrote:
winmore1228 wrote:
etramak wrote:Didnt knock the interview out of the park but wasnt a disaster either. Hopefully hear back soon but I'm expecting to wait awhile


Why do you say that? I also had mine and felt the same way. I've heard that the interview is a (relatively) small piece of the puzzle and isn't usually the reason behind an admissions outcome.


Expecting to wait awhile because of stats, but the fact that I got a relatively quick JS1 was an encouraging sign as far as other aspects of the application go. As for the interview itself for the most part it went smoothly but i got nervous a couple times and either didn't speak too clearly or had to take a bit of a pause to gather my thoughts.



They interview roughly 1300-1500 applicants a year and accept roughly 900. Assuming you didn't butcher (I mean completely butcher) the interview, you are looking at a 60% - 70% chance at an offer of admission.


Yeah, I definitely didn't see any signs that I did poorly enough to decrease my chances. However I am below median LSAT so my chances might be a little lower than 60-70

TomLawSchool
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:08 am

TomLawSchool wrote:
trynamakeitin wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the fact that there are no interview slots next Monday (1/8)? JS2s????

+1

Do they always leave the Monday blank on the interview schedule?

Samonebby
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Samonebby » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am

Hey Checking in!
So if I already have an lsat score on file and submit my application by the deadline will Harvard still not look at my February score?

albinododobird
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

JS1/JS2 terminology origin?

Postby albinododobird » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 am

So I understand that JS1 is the interview for Harvard and JS2 is the acceptance, but why do we call them that? What does 'JS' stand for?

38981928
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:27 am

TomLawSchool wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:
trynamakeitin wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the fact that there are no interview slots next Monday (1/8)? JS2s????

+1

Do they always leave the Monday blank on the interview schedule?


I don't think so! I remember every day of the week being available when I scheduled my JS1 (I think I was in the 3rd or 4th round).

invisibleone
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: JS1/JS2 terminology origin?

Postby invisibleone » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am

Jessica Soban is the dean or assistant dean of admissions and used to do the calls.

User avatar
#gobroncos
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby #gobroncos » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:25 pm

38981928 wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:
trynamakeitin wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the fact that there are no interview slots next Monday (1/8)? JS2s????

+1

Do they always leave the Monday blank on the interview schedule?


I don't think so! I remember every day of the week being available when I scheduled my JS1 (I think I was in the 3rd or 4th round).


In December, the first day of JS2s was similarly blank in the interview schedule (and was also a Monday), so it could be a JS2 day. That would be just the greatest.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rosemi and 10 guests